The online racing simulator
Just done a few laps on Road Atlanta, one thing I was very suprised by, I'm almost a second quicker with one of those "kontrolfreek" things clipped on, as opposed to without. Espically on the sweeping right-hander, and on turns 7 & 8. Still adjusting to gamepads.

rtsbasic | Rtsbasic - 00:59.207 (Skyline R34) [B700]

Edit: Just exploring the Forza menu's, you can see the laptimes & scoreboard positions of people on your "Friends" list, so its easy to compare times in the game. Just hover over the race in time trial, hit Y, then X.
Attached images
Forza Lap.jpg
GT = Blaeza1

Any gifted cars are welcome...
Nice laptime Rtsbasic!

I've ran a few races on Road Atlanta yesterday. There was a pretty fast guy in a newer M3, running low 58:XX laps. Maybe i should give that car a try... but probably he was just the better driver.
I took an RX7 and made it a 700 B-class car and did some practice laps on Atlanta Short. Best time was 0:59:966 if I remember correctly. As long as I can keep up with the pack I'll be happy I'll probably screw up and go off the track in the first corner though
Tried the RX-7 aswell. Turned out to be a good B-Class car, even if it was pretty hard to bring it down to PI700. I had to add some weight using some ugly bodykit...

Don't exactly remember the laptime, but it was the 3rd fastest of mine i think. Something around 00:59:3XX.

And yep, i'll make a mistake aswell most likely and end up finishing last or something...
The Lotus Exige is good one for Class B racing. Because it's light it accelerates and brakes really quickly, and because it's such a short wheelbase with the tyres right on the corners, you can really throw it about the place. But of course you can't put as much power into it because it weighs nothing.

On tracks with long straights it might suffer a bit, bit if I wanted to keep up (I'm still not that great at the game even after all this time) that'd be the car I'd use

This moving house business is messing up my play time, seriously
the renault 5 is great, 850 odd kg with 285's on the back (Modded)
v6 conversion w/turbo. hilarious fun

The quattro ain't bad either, but seriously why are NONE of the BMW's ingame boostable. they need a charger or a snail so badly....
Notice you you can't use Forza bodykits on BMW's either, its due to the licencing terms with them.

Running high 57's now with a french car and a new setup. Broke into the top 1000 on the Forza scoreboard for this track/class B as well (934th).
Quote from Rtsbasic :

Running high 57's now with a french car and a new setup. Broke into the top 1000 on the Forza scoreboard for this track/class B as well (934th).

Be sure to wait for us at the finish line.

Nice lap and achievement!

EDIT: Porsche Carrera RS - 00:58:049 - Rank 1245
27,670: Danowat32 : Sprinter Trueno :B700 : 01:01.467

Not really that good, maybe need a different car, but I have limited funds ATM.
By "bodykit" you guys mean front and rear wings right? Or am I missing something and can you really fit a proper bodykit on your cars? I haven't seen it then (except for the usually pretty ugly rear Forza bumper)
Some cars have bodykits from RL bodykit manufacturers, not many, but some do.
This may be shocking news to you guys, but most of the modern Japanese cars have a huge range of bodykit available. And some of them are absolutely appalling
I'll have to check some out then. I don't usually spend much time in that section of the upgrade shop, though. Only when I just can't beat the first guy and I can't do more power upgrades because of class restrictions do I resort to adjustable downforce upgrades
I recommend the 1994(ish) Honda Civic saloon for riceability
Check out my Zomg Teh Nos sponsored Civic on page 4 of this thread - that's not all stock y'know
Quote from Dajmin :Check out my Zomg Teh Nos sponsored Civic on page 4 of this thread - that's not all stock y'know

Yeah I saw that one (commented on it, even). Funny stuff
Danowat, would you fancy that old Carrera RS i've used for my newest PB? I can send one your way if you want...

Also consider that the "fast" guys in here have probably driven at least 100-200 laps on that track now. Practice makes you faster.
Sure, I'll take anything, can't find much time to get my money up to where I was before.

@rtsbasic, any chance of a link for where you brought your "kontrolfreek" thingy from?
Quote from danowat :@rtsbasic, any chance of a link for where you brought your "kontrolfreek" thingy from?

This link was posted a number of pages back in this thread. It's eBay. I might buy one of those myself Couple of days left, it seems.
£8.50? Christ..........
I know, i thought the same... pretty much for a little piece of plastic.

Sent you an FR Danowat.

New PB with the Carrera RS - 00:57:897 - Rank 1027
Cool, thanks man, I'll have a play when I get 5
Here's a little teaser...

Tasty pic
£8.50 for a pack of two. £4.25 each. Hmmm...

Are they worth it? I'd like to have more control over my turning angle on corners. Do they work?

Forza 2, pretty bloody good infact........
(698 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG