The online racing simulator
Forza 2, pretty bloody good infact........
I went into this "game" with an open mind, and actually, I am pretty bloody suprised at just how good it is.

Of course, it's not perfect, but for a "sit on your couch and have a little race" type of game, it's actually really good.

Graphics are breath taking, but what really suprised me was the physics, the cars feel really "weighty", which is a heck of an achievement considering it's through a non-FF gamepad, it's really believeable, all the cars handle well, and the grip, and way the cars powerslide is really well done.

Just a shame there are no cockpits, the modelling on the car models is exquisit, god knows why they didn't take a little more time and model some cockpits, hopefully Forza 3 will have them.

The only thing that pissed me off a little, is the fact you need a bloody HDD to view any replays, seeing as I got a memory card and no HDD, it's a pain in the ass.

Of course, it will never replace LFS for racing (well, it might for a little while as my DFP is on it's deathbed....), but for a "console game", it's a bloody good one, way, way better than the shambles that is PGR4..........
Welcome to Forza Motorsport!
indeed.. welcome i have a ps3 and a 360 and my ps3 sits in the corner while my xbox get all the glory
Yes, it's very good for a game you play with game pad. Don't really mind about the cockpits myself because you can see how jerky the camera movement is even if you play with the bonnet cam.
I have to agree. I've loved FM2 since I downloaded the demo. It has believable physics (other than the inability to flip, but how often does that actually happen anyway?) and the cars behave the way you'd expect them to.

My only real problem is the selection of tracks. The Career events get you using the same ones a lot which can be a bit boring sometimes.
Yeah, track selection is a bit thin on the ground, the "snake" tracks you spend most of your time on in the "proving ground" races aren't that fun, but still, having Tsukuba, the ring, Silverstone, Sebring and Road Atlanta is pretty good, I also like that "sunset paradise" thingy track too, the one with the oval section,it is quite enjoyable.

All in all it's a very worthy console "sim", much, much better than an Gran Turismo I have ever played
There is also The Motegi Twin Ring, which is downloadable (costs 400 MS-Points) since last weekend IIRC. It's an awesome track for racing.
My favourite track is one of the fictionals actually - Maple Valley. The long track reversed has a couple of fantastic altitude changes over corners. I love the feeling of flight going into those

Some of the test tracks are cool though, although after I'd finished the Proving Grounds stuff I never played them again. The shorter ones have some good technical areas (I guess that's what they're there for )

They dropped the price on that pack from 600 to 400 points too. But for mirrors of existing tracks it still seems like a bit too expensive.
Hmm........looks like I am should shell out on a network adaptor and a HDD, but I need a new wheel aswell, can't get both........

Just remember something else I didn't like, I couldn't find anywhere that tells you the capacity of any of the cars engines in FM2...........
You get some general engine info on the car selection page (by pressing Y) - hp / torque peaks, bhp, weight and the like. But you do need to poke around to get some of it.

For example, you can look at the power/torque curves but you have to do it via the Upgrades page, which isn't all that handy if you just want to map out all your cars one after the other.

You can also get the cc capacity, but only via the Car List (X on car select page) and a load of bumper presses.

It's not always handy, but most of the info is there somewhere
Nice, I'll have to have a poke around, I do like the telemetry overlay too, lots of nice stats and info on there
Yes it is very good indeed. It's just so cool to go to shop and buy a brand new exotic car for your hard earned money and then paint it (me talking about Hennessey Viper, tuned to max, painted nice green and stripes on it)
I just bought a 360 and Forza 2 last week, and I'm really happy with it so far. I've played the GT series up to 4 and now made the switch to xbox, so it's interesting to see the differences. I like that there are no licence tests, and instead you get to do the more advanced races by completing the early races. Some of the early races on the fictional circuit with loads of combos get a bit repetitive, but once you get moved on a bit that's better. The menu organization is really clean and simple and it feels like it's all been thought through really well. There are loads of options for car customization and I really like that you can change the paint etc too. I love the drivetrain swaps. As for handling I'm finding the steering a bit twitchy with the pad but overall it feels good and changes to setup seem to do what you want! Lots of fun so far The only thing I'm a bit disappointed with is that the 'Ring is not as accurately modeled as in GT4, but I still have my PS2 so I can always go back to GT4 for some 'Ring lapping if I feel the need. Some of the corners just don't feel as tight as IRL and it just doesn't feel right like GT4. But FM2 is so much fun regardless that I'm not even bothered about driving the 'Ring whereas that's about all I did on GT4.

Well, that was a crappy post with a bunch of unorganized random thoughts about FM2. Really liking it so far though
I was very suprised when I borrowed a mates 360 last week with this game. Playing it on a non-HD telly, its still visually stunning, and is easily the most fun I've ever had on a console racing "sim". The first Forza showed a lot of potential but I never really clicked with it, the 2nd one definately has a much more polished feel to it, and the way the cars react to inputs are very belivable - even on the gamepad. I've been playing it with a premium console but have yet to test it on Live.

My biggest complaint would be the total lack of G25 support for the 360. If I could use that on it, I'd bother buying the DVI cable to run it on my computer lcd. And the MS wheel is shite, only nice feature is it takes 30 secs to setup.
Yes, if the 360 supported the G25 it'd be nice. I played it briefly using Logitech's 360 wheel (what is radial feedback anyway?) which wasn't too hard to set up, but still not the easiest thing.
I couldn't get to grips with it, but maybe that's because it wasn't designed to be perched on knees like my other wheel is.

I love the paint tool as well. For being simple, you can do some amazing things with it. 1000 layers per face is a lot, even if you only have geometric shapes to work with. I've got some really sweet (IMO) designs.
Send me a VW Beetle and I'll return it with a nice Pacman paint job
@ Michael Denham.......

I assume you have driven at the ring?.

I have yet to give the FM2 ring an extended drive, but at first glance, it does seem more realistic than the GT4 version (yes, I have been to the ring and ridden on it )
Yes, I have. Only been there once but I have done a couple of dozen laps. It looks pretty on FM2, but it just doesn't feel as good to me as GT4. For example, Hatzenbach 2 and 3 just don't feel that tight in FM2, and I don't feel that a good line is as crucial in FM2 as in GT4 or IRL.

G25 support would be great for FM2, definitely. Fortunately I'm surviving with the gamepad at least, I like the analog triggers for accelerator and brake.
I'll have to give it an extended look at some point .

@Dajmin, how do you get pics from the 360 to your PC?
Yup, when I take them it asks if I want to upload it to the website. I usually do so I can save them and keep them stored at Photobucket
I play forzo by freind place i have to say i like it but om moree into the driving then painting
I enjoy both equally, although my Sonic the Hedgehog skin is currently sitting around 1100 layers and counting. I had started it as a competition entry but it wasn't finished in time

My favourite shots are my custom Castrol Skyline (on Maple Valley).
Front | Rear
That's one of my favourite game cars
Quote from Dajmin :I enjoy both equally, although my Sonic the Hedgehog skin is currently sitting around 1100 layers and counting. I had started it as a competition entry but it wasn't finished in time

Front | Rear

I like the RX7 the most the 2003 Spirit R
Quote from Dajmin :I enjoy both equally, although my Sonic the Hedgehog skin is currently sitting around 1100 layers and counting. I had started it as a competition entry but it wasn't finished in time

Front | Rear

This is my silly Subaru. Haven't done many skins, and this was the second one I guess.
Attached images
subaru1.jpg
Everyone keeps asking why I am not buying PG4, I have 2 answers...

1. Forza 2 is 100 times better, has more cars, better handling, and more tuning options.

2. A motorbike can't take a turn at 100mph with 50 degrees lean angle in the snow.

Anyway, I aint played FM2 for a while because I'm racing in an LFS league. But it feels better than games like GTR or Rfactor, you can hold a drift easily, but you can also spin the car just as easily.

Perfect time for me to drag out my old pictures :P
Attached images
d2757a06-8594-40f0-9eda-472c250885c8.jpg
r390 lfs 2.jpg
Lotus Carlton Ring Monster.jpg
Lotus Carlton Ring Monster 2.jpg
Ferrari F355.jpg
Porker R4.jpg
Chevy Tiger R4.jpg

Forza 2, pretty bloody good infact........
(698 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG