The online racing simulator
We should have a little race, maybe just do it like a time trial at the ring, we can turn off TC and STM and see who has the metal to do a fast time without binning their car. Just make the rules so that we all use S class cars, in my experiance the U class is too mad.
Nawww. A class is where it's at, it's the perfect balance between speed and handling.

And about turning off TC and STM, I have them off all the time
A class is too easy with TC and that off though, S class opens it up to the supercars.
Personally I prefer even lower. I'm a big fan of D and C class. The races last longer and are usually closer.
Maybe it's because I use a pad but anything above A and I have issues with keeping it on the track
A class for sure!! i bought a c6 vette on auction house and love it!
must confess, I prefer D/C class to
Me too, and I enjoy driving just with stock tires even if I modify cars. I just find it less run with race tires. I guess I enjoy driving street cars, so I want them to feel like street cars not race cars!
A/B Class is proving my favourite so far, had an online race in an S class and struggled to keep it on the track with a gamepad.

Has anyone tried the MS wheel on FM2? Is it worth the price they ask?
Let's say it this way... if the DFP and G25 would work with the xbox, nobody would be buying the MS wheel. I don't have one, and will not waste my money for it.

I prefer A class when racing. But S class is fun aswell... throttle control is the key.
I prefer the lower class cars, too. C to A S class can be fun in the right car with the right setup. I have one R1 car that I won in an event that I really love to drive as well. It's surprisingly easy to keep on the track. Right now I'm doing the Corvette event in a U class car and I don't find it quite as fun. I normally pick a lower class car, but usually there's one S class car on the grid so I don't really have a choice; if I want to win I have to race an S class as well

Using gamepad here, not wasting money on the MS wheel; I've read some bad reviews about it, and it doesn't seem nearly as solid as the G25. There's other Logitech wheels for the 360 that look better quality, though. Maybe I'll look into one of those when I've got some money to spare (won't be anytime soon, I fear).
In the career, I tend to try and win the races with either a standard car, or if I HAVE to upgrade it, I will try to keep my P.I. as low as possible, and not exceeding the highest P.I. opponent.

The Audi race was tough, the AWE Silver bullet was way quicker than my RS4 of a similar P.I.

I SOOOO wish I could use my G25 on the xbox360....
3 Things I'd like better to be:
1) Better AA, it's quite jaggy, atleast for me. I'd rather want very good quality AA with constant 30 fps, but i dont want jaggies with 60 fps.
2) Shadows are way too dark on that side of the car, where sun doesen't show
3) Much louder turbo whistle & woosh. Way too quiet.
I'd rather have the jaggies and higher frame rate, personally. If it dipped below 30 online you'd be out of the running and probably take out a load of people with you. If it dips under 60 that's not such a disaster.
And I don't notice the edges when I'm driving anyway.

The only improvements I'd have if we could, would be dynamic weather and terminal damage. I know you can damage your car enough that it won't move, but I mean like actually tearing off a wheel or something if you hit a wall. Even now your tyres can get to 100% wear at 200 degrees, but you never see them burst or anything.
And weather would be great for having to plan pit stops and alternate lines.

I've used (briefly) Logitech's 360 wheel with radial feedback (how does that compare to FFB anyway?). It was a swine to set up and it didn't really work with me balancing it on my knee. Shame, because it'd add to the whole experience. It was a loan though so I don't have it now.

I'm also up for a LFS/Forza get-together. The balance between S and D class is around B, so we should run those
Quote from Eleanor SpeedGT :3 Things I'd like better to be:
1) Better AA, it's quite jaggy, atleast for me. I'd rather want very good quality AA with constant 30 fps, but i dont want jaggies with 60 fps.
2) Shadows are way too dark on that side of the car, where sun doesen't show
3) Much louder turbo whistle & woosh. Way too quiet.

4) nurberg ring endurance race!
You can do 75 lap races on the NÜRBURGRING. Wouldn't you consider that as an endurance race?!
So how powerful are your fastest cars? I've looked at Forza Motorsport car auctions, and I saw a lot of cars that had around 900 to 1100 bhp.
Well I got 1067 hp Toyota Supra, I can't test the possible maximum because even nürburgring straight is too short..
Quote from Eleanor SpeedGT :Well I got 1067 hp Toyota Supra, I can't test the possible maximum because even nürburgring straight is too short..

wat about benchmarking it?
My highest is a 1051hp 98 Supra. I think it was a reward car though - I don't remember ever driving it. Only S-class though, the R1-class Audi R8 is far more scary
I'm curious, what controller configuration do you guys use for acceleration/braking? The trigger buttons (LT/RT) or the right analog stick?

Personally I use the right analog stick because it made more sense to me, although it's probably easier for most people to use the trigger buttons 'cause you can be more precise with those. I'm not having any difficulties with the throttle control, but I am finding it difficult to be precise with the steering (left analog stick), and now I'm thinking if it would be easier to use the trigger buttons for that. I think it may be a bit awkward at first because it just doesn't feel natural, but I also think it would make precise steering easier. Unfortunately the game doesn't allow you to set the controls yourself Man I'm really missing my G25. And really missing the cockpit view, too.
Trigger buttons for accel and brake for me.
Triggers here too. It took me weeks to get used to analogue controls (I never got them with my N64), last thing I need is to try 2 at once. I did that in the MotoGP demo, and although it's fun I fall off a lot

This looks like the perfect time to pimp some of my recent pictures. I've started picking up old classic muscle. Just wish they had a 70 Cuda and a 65 Mustang, but they have my favourite - the 67 Camaro SS
Attached images
chevrolet_camaro_01.jpg
ford_mustang_boss_01.jpg
I am a console gamer since more than 10 years. I'm using the triggers for acc./braking, and am happy with it.

However, many people have found this here very useful:
http://www.kontrolfreek.com/

Haven't tried it myself tho...
Yeah, those classic muscle cars are sweet. So far I've only got the Mustang and a Camaro (I think), haven't really bothered to "collect" them all yet, but I'm definately going to some time

Maybe I should give the trigger buttons a try as well.
I am loving the classics, painted this real life SCCA Toyota 2000gt

Forza 2, pretty bloody good infact........
(698 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG