The online racing simulator
hey guys, i actually never considered on getting forza 2, but now that number 3 is leaked and it sounds really good, i guess i need to try the Forza that we have right now. So is the game worth the £20? I mean is it still fun on live? Or is it not worth getting it?
Get the steering wheel too, especialy if you have an hdtv. Mine is only 32 inches but when you move the wheel right up to it it feels huge and is pretty immersive. When I sit farther away with the wheel I get a very disconnected feeling, like I'm only sort of in control. Kinda hard to explain.
I can't comment on the wheel because I never bothered (too expensive and limiting - if it worked on PC I'd have one) and I love the feel of the pads. But yes, I'd say it's worth it. Even if you never took it online, the career mode and time trials take a long time to get through (I keep missing the Nord' time trial target by a couple of seconds!).

I want to get some of those little cool pad extender clips but I can't find them anywhere now
The wheel works on PC if you buy the bluetooth receiver
Quote from Dajmin :Even if you never took it online, the career mode and time trials take a long time to get through (I keep missing the Nord' time trial target by a couple of seconds!).

I am being REALLY anal ATM, I am working through EVERY car, running races to get them to level 5, gonna take about 5 years I reckon
I brought the MS wheel a few weeks back. Mostly for use with Forza.

And its shite.

I made sure the wheel was a later 2nd revision one, but there was not one single thing to recommend about it. The steering shaft had a ton of play, the clamping system is useless, the base of the wheel itself is bigger than a G25's, and the pedals are crap with no feel or resistance to them.

The force feedback was quite good though, a good runner up to the Logitech wheels in that dept. Ended up taking it back. At least they're cheap at £60.

Still using these little "kontrol freek" things though, I even use it in Halo & Call of Duty, fantastic little idea.
A nice F430 replica I'm making. Did the shots for a competition, please tell me what you think.
Attached images
f430 1.jpg
f430 2.jpg
f430 3.jpg
Very stylish. I wish they were bigger so I could see more detail, but they look pretty good from here.

@Rtsbasic
I've been wanting those SpeedFreek things since I heard about them, but I can't find them. Their website mentions pre-ordering them but then links to FPSFreek instead. They're not on eBay any more either. Do you know anywhere that still has them?
At this rate I'm gonna have to email them.
Dajmin: Sorry mate, I got them from a seller on Ebay a long time ago, about £8 IIRC.
That's where and how much I saw them for a few months back. Damn it.
Ah well, time to get emailing. Cheers
Right, excuse the double post, but I just got a response from Donnie and I got given the following URLs:

About SpeedFreek: http://www.kontrolfreek.com/newsite/index.php?page=Products
Buying SpeedFreek: http://www.kontrolfreek.com/newsite/index.php?page=Shop

Clearly I'm blind, because there's a clear link to the shop at the top of the site. I'm a moron

[Long past edit to avoid a triple post:
I made my best attempt at an XRR in LFS, trying to pair up the look and the numbers and I think it's alright.
This RX7 is currently running 485hp and about 487ft/lb tq (as close to the site numbers as I could get on this attempt - that torque came from nowhere!), sits on 18" 225/18/?? (I forget now) and has a suitably crazy dyno graph. The rear end likes to kick out around 5k rpm, making it unintentionally the best drift car I've ever made (not hard since it's also the only one). Now I just need to stick a LFS paint job on there...]
Attached images
xrr.jpg
Quote from LFSn00b :Same, i hope i will get these as soon as possible too

same, now i just ordered 360 and forza 2 with it, cant wait till i get it. soon to also have halo 3 and GTA IV
bumping this with my cars
Attached images
8b647349-32fc-4c32-a156-648f5d559e81.jpg
99908068-5daa-44f3-8dbc-1c932c4e25a1.jpg
Both of them ricer
You have an audi! Cock.
#418 - AMB
Forza too easy, does anyone usto watch xleague tv, well I usto drive or beat times that they drove and i'd only been on the game 3 days, I don't have the 360 anymore

sold it -.-
meh, this game looks like NFS PS without AA
Quote from Bose321 :meh, this game looks like NFS PS without AA

doesn't matter what it looks like. drives bloody good though, and looks bloody good too IMO.
Quote from Bose321 :meh, this game looks like NFS PS without AA

NFS PS? NFS PS looks like SHIT. NFS Hot Pursuit 2 has better graphics than it. NFS PS will never look good, and it definitely doesn't look as good as Forza 2 is (and I mean in everything, graphics, physics, damage, everything).

Forza 2 is just.. impressive. I like it so much
And I hate NFS PS (you may have already noticed )
What on earth have you done to the Miura :|
Quote from BlueFlame :What on earth have you done to the Miura :|

its the concept version i did nothing to the body but paint it.
sry for double post but here is my drift mustang saleen.
Attached images
drift.jpg
Quote from mutt107 :sry for double post but here is my drift mustang saleen.

That's nice.. You should see my 1976 Carrera RS 200+mph

Forza 2, pretty bloody good infact........
(698 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG