The online racing simulator
When you are in the online lobby, then you can get setups from other people too. But if they have turned setup sharing off in options, then you can't get setups.
XBL gamertag is Danowat32 if anyone fancies gifting me some nice cars
Mine is "Autoxer". I haven't been connected lately though as I need to get an internet connection down to the basement!

I am still having fun on Forza, mostly with RWD road cars. I can't get a skyline setup to do anything other than understeer for some reason, so I'm just sticking to RWD mostly! Probably the diff setup or something.

I did a test with a stock Renault Clio V6 at Tsukuba Short to test tire compounds (stock wheel width):

Stock: 47.8 seconds
Street: 47.0 seconds (-0.8s)
Sport: 46.6 seconds (-1.2s)
Race: 45.8 seconds (-2s)

I did a dozen or so laps with each compound, and also went back to them a second time to try and improve, so I'm fairly happy that they're representative of my ability right now. I'm sure you'd see even larger differences in times in a car that is struggling for traction under acceleration out of low speed corners. Well I'm in the mood for testing, I wonder what to do next... hmm Any suggestions?
Quote from danowat :XBL gamertag is Danowat32 if anyone fancies gifting me some nice cars

i added u mine is just, Kester KTM, ive got a few toyota mr2's i think i throw one towards u!
Gamertag is "Rtsbasic", won't be back on Live till I pick up my own 360 at the end of the month though.

Is it possible to transfer profiles between 360's? My forza 2 one is on a mates, don't fancy the idea of starting fresh again.
I've added you all, so please don't think you have a stalker or anything.

Bet you can't guess what my tag is...

@rtsbasic
Yes you can, if you use the Recover Gamertag option at the login screen. It'll ask for email address and password, then download your profile to whatever box you're on. Just be careful, because they've been clamping down on profile sharing recently and dishing out lifetime bans.

@danowat32
I can send you one of my fantastic A-class custom Pacman paintjob Beetles if you like
Sure, I'll take a pacman beetle!!!!
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
Ohhh nice one , not that I know how to recieve cars............yet...........
If you guys are giving cars away free, then I would take one too!
Paintjobs going spare???? ifso addme!!!
lol

Will be on later tonigth for race if anybodys about, but haven't played it for a long time±!
My Pacman Beetles cost 50k to make and regularly sold for 100k, I'm not giving away that many of them
Can build you one for cost though if you really want
Quote from danowat :Ohhh nice one , not that I know how to recieve cars............yet...........

You'll receive a message in-game. It will display in the upper right corner of your screen.
I'm busy making a special little Golf R32 for you, lets just say I've had to adapt my paintjob making skills.

EDIT: Ok I have finished, the car itself is a little pocket rocket. Its a Golf R32, which I have heavily modfied, it was one of my ring monsters, its got loads of grip but it can be dodgy on chicanes if you push too hard. I tried to get the paintjob as close to the XFR Adaptive Racing skin as I could, but obviously it can't be perfect, and I couldn't get the nice grid pattern on it.

Here are some pics, I will send the car when you accept my friend request.
Attached images
Adaptive r32 1.jpg
Adaptive r32 2.jpg
Adaptive r32 3.jpg
On a fairly-related note, is anyone using the 360 VGA cable to output the picture to a LCD computer screen? When I pick mine up I plan to run it through my 19" computer screen, with the hope of running it in HD (1280x1024 is this screens native resolution). Forza looked pretty stunning on my 28" telly through composite, can't wait to see it running at a decent resolution
I haven't tried that but I have been trying to hook it up to my mum's HD LCD TV. On the side of the TV there is an input but it's not the HD input. I have the proper cable but I can't find anywhere to plug it into the TV! I can't find an HD input on the HD DVD player or anything either. I'm such a noob.

Btw, nice skin Quicksilver!
Quote from Michael Denham :I haven't tried that but I have been trying to hook it up to my mum's HD LCD TV. On the side of the TV there is an input but it's not the HD input. I have the proper cable but I can't find anywhere to plug it into the TV! I can't find an HD input on the HD DVD player or anything either. I'm such a noob.

Btw, nice skin Quicksilver!

Not all HD tv's have HDMI plugs..
The way I see it the choice is simple. Since the V2.0 360 I've not heard of any big problems like the old ones overheating causing crashes, ring of death, etc. It has plenty of good games out now its been around for a while, and even a few brilliant ones, like Forza 2, Halo 3, Gears of war, The Orange Box, to name a couple. Online play also works quite well which is a bonus.

I am moderately suprised the PS3 is no more expensive than the top 360 though. An extra £50 (360 elite over premium) for a black case and extra 100gb HD doesn't scream value for money.
My 32" LCD HD TV has a VGA (RGB) socket that I use for the xbox, looks lurvley
My mum's has that socket too, and it does look very nice, but there must be a way to plug it in via the HD cables and get that extra bit of resolution! I've got the dual-type cable with the regular RGB and then the three cables for HD that you can switch between.
I can't accept any cars, seems my XBL GT has been banned for something, god knows what though...........
i tried sending you are car but failed! fix or you wont get a free-bie from me! lol
I can't, I don't know how to, "they" have banned me from recieving gift cars and using the auction house, and I don't know why.

I haven't done anything involving the AH or anything else that I can think of that would warrant being banned.

I have fired off a mail to Turn 10 in the hope it was a mistake in there part..........
Quote from sgt.flippy :Not all HD tv's have HDMI plugs..

And not all xboxes have a HDMI output. Only the elite version.
Quote from danowat :I can't, I don't know how to, "they" have banned me from recieving gift cars and using the auction house, and I don't know why.

I haven't done anything involving the AH or anything else that I can think of that would warrant being banned.

I have fired off a mail to Turn 10 in the hope it was a mistake in there part..........

did it work ? coz i sent you a car and it said it sent!
Won't know till I get home from work.........

Forza 2, pretty bloody good infact........
(698 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG