The online racing simulator
Dan, I got mine from the guy on Ebay linked to above. Arrived in ~3 days, can't complain.

£8.50 is maybe a bit steep, but they do work, once you get used to them. Does feel strange the first few laps, but my laptimes are consistantly lower since I started using it. Still not the same as using a wheel, but its a definate improvement.

My hand aches a lot less after a couple of hours racing, as you don't actually have to press down on the stick with it as well, just sorta roll your thumb side to side. I've noticed this in FPS games as well.
couple of setup tweaks, and a new laptime - 00:57.189. Ranked 250 on the Forza scoreboard
Wow, you guys are getting quick! I have managed to get just under a minute with the Lotus. I think I'm going to try something a little different and see if I can get any good times
Quote from Rtsbasic :couple of setup tweaks, and a new laptime - 00:57.189. Ranked 250 on the Forza scoreboard

Tell us what car already! I guess it's the Peugeot 206 RC.
Maybe the attached pics will help Going for an NFS-esique look, to suite the bodykit and FWD, naturally

New time:

rtsbasic | Rtsbasic - 00:57.074 (Peugeot 206 RC) [B699]

Scoreboard position 196
Attached images
206-1.jpg
206-2.jpg
Got a 59.3 or thereabouts with a Mitsubishi Eclipse
Haha! On your way to the top!

I won't try the Peugeot, simply because i get no satisfaction out of the scoreboard cars... but nonetheless, nice laptime!

I'm not great with paintjobs. I always try to make my cars look like a race car... here's my attempt for the Carrera RS i'll be using for B-Class races:

Hah, I'm crap at paintjobs, just can't picture how I want the car to look, let alone make it look like it.

Nice looking Carrera you got there Looks like it'd kill you if you so much as twitched the steering the wrong way
Sweet paint job, I did a fair few, but they all got lost in the get gamertag fire of 2007.....

Managed to get 1:00 with the sprinter, will try the Carrera at some point.
Playing about with the new Clio 197..suprisingly capable, low 58's and looks a bit tidier than the 206 around the bends.
I went shopping at the auction house...

Wow how you get so good graphics ? Colors and all other stuff looks just so soft and clear.
Find the right tracks, and then find the right spots on the tracks (lightning is important). Then adjust the settings a little... i usually reduce color, increase contrast, etc.

And last but no least... resize the pictures. Since the uploaded pictures are terrible quality, resizing helps a lot.
No more laptime improvements on Road Atlanta, but i finished the "design" on the Carrera RS...

So, whats with that B-Class racing on sundays now?
Nice Porker!!!!, I must confess, I forgot about sundays........

I have been fiddling with the livery editor, man it's a bloody nightmare to use, so un-user friendly and buggy.

It took me quite a few hours to do this, when I could have done it in about 30mins in photoshop, still, I think it's coming along quite nicely, might even gift a few to my LFS friends when its done

Looks cool.
Reading this thread always makes me feel like popping out and grabbing a 360.
It is a bloody good console racing game, not sure if I would buy a 360 specially for it, I was lucky enough to get mine free with my mobile phone.

I only have 2 games, Forza 2 and PGR4, and I never play PGR4.
Nice skin so far danowat! Fatso's... lol.

So does the car gifting/receiving work for you after all?
Yeah, gifting is working again, probably just a glitch in the matrix or something.....

Fatso's is a local resturant, the driver of this car is local too
Good to hear! Let's hope that your (2nd) Forza experience will be without any flaws from now on...
Quote from jibber :No more laptime improvements on Road Atlanta, but i finished the "design" on the Carrera RS...

Gorgeous! Nice work

I haven't been playing much lately, but I plan on giving that track another time attack soon
Got forza 2 today, and was wondering what should I change a tune in order to drift? I have a few racing cars but no drift cars for messing around and having fun online with, as I have only just got my 360 Elite, do you have to buy points or can you earn them aswell?
I assume you mean MS points?, you have to buy those.

There are a few drift cars you can win, I'll see what I have in the garage to gift you.
Quote from sam93 :Got forza 2 today, and was wondering what should I change a tune in order to drift? I have a few racing cars but no drift cars for messing around and having fun online with, as I have only just got my 360 Elite, do you have to buy points or can you earn them aswell?

For drifting, I would recommend adjusting the brake bias more to the rear, so you can use that to initiate drifts. Other than that, it's different for each car I'd say. Just play around, you'll figure it out.
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
Quote from OneCrazyDiamond :For drifting, I would recommend adjusting the brake bias more to the rear, so you can use that to initiate drifts. Other than that, it's different for each car I'd say. Just play around, you'll figure it out.

Ok, using the old RX-7 at the moment.

Forza 2, pretty bloody good infact........
(698 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG