The online racing simulator
Cool. Just hit me up when you see me online.

Anybody else up for this? Would be cool if we could fill a grid with Forum Members.
You can probably count me in if I can steal the TV from my gf

I loaded FM2 up for the first time in ages yesterday and had a quick blast. Forgot how enjoyable it is to drive those cars. I really need to get some of those joystick enhancing clips though.

What class are you looking to run? I still prefer the lower ones, as long as it's fairly short tracks.
C or D probably
Sounds good to me. If I can be there I will be! Send me a game invite when the server's running
I prefer C to B class myself.

What would be cool is if we could all set up a casual tournament in Forza. I wouldn't win, but it could be good fun to get something regular going.
A class! :P

I'm down for whatever, we should try some R1 though
Only if I can drive my Bentley

I started playing around with cars, trying to set up a decent C-class car. Harder than I thought it'd be too. Too much power and not enough handling means death on corners. Trying to get the balance right is proving tricky. And I don't want to get left behind on the straights, even if I can corner like I'm on rails.
I have a couple of top notch C classer's, I have a supercharged V8 Lexus IS300, a SAAB 9-3 and a Jag XK, all are pretty good.

The SAAB is better on twisty tracks, and the Jag and Lexus are suited to faster tracks, I can build you up a copy of one if you like.
The Porsche 914 makes a pretty decent C or D class car. Even if it might be a bit ugly, depending on your taste.
I have a great Honda Prelude that I use for D class
Oh boy yesterday me and local forum guys had some racing. Mostly we raced R4, one time R1 and one time R3 class on Nürburgring Nordschleife

I joined up later, but we still managed to do about 6-7 races.
I managed to win once at mugello (6 laps) and few other races i got on podium. Also few races were on test tracks, but i really dont like them for racing, i got no line, no "feeling" and thats why i perform quite bad on test tracks. I can still race them, but then i'd prefer a bit slower cars than R4.

We also used mic's and T1 crashes were exactly like in LFS public server
Still the most interesting class seems to be C or B class.
It makes world of difference racing with known community or some strangers I'd strongly advise all to try racing with known community. Hours just went by!
I'd love to. Problem is I don't know any buggers who play Forza other than you guys
Considering the amazing skins i'm seeing. Is there some way to get a skin file off the xbox and into photoshop, or is it just that there are real nutjobs who are really good at using the in game stuff to make what they want?
Not possible... they all use what is available in the game.
Quote from jibber :Not possible... they all use what is available in the game.

Yep, my team leader makes some amazaing looking stuff using a few simple squares and stuff. I've got a R32 GT-R that has a AMAZING Braveheart pic on it, but it did cost me 10 million. (Got it for the missus)

Silly bitch didn't even likew it! DIE, YOU SLUT!:tombstone:shhh:
Quote from Blaeza :
Silly bitch didn't even likew it! DIE, YOU SLUT!:tombstone:shhh:

LOL!
I started working on a Sonic the Hedgehog skin for a competition months ago. It's looking pretty good but I really need to get back to it. So far the background alone is about 300 layers, and I had to move the actual Sonic part onto the roof so I could work on it and see what I was doing.
Of course I realised a couple of months back that I could've easily cut down the number of layers on the background by NOT being a retard, but too late for that now I might go back and fix that later, but I really want to get Sonic himself done. I should do that. Soon.

If I ever finish it and think it's good enough to sell, it'll probably go for an absolute shedload
new questions. I know that you can get decals from one car to another, as on as they are the same model. But can you get decals from one model and put them on something completely different(i.e. from a lambo to a M3)?

edit: Every time i go online i find myself more pissed off by the behavior of the racers and the physics of the game. People make the biggest deals out of the tiniest wrecks even though it's just a game(i swear i'm going death from the screaming into the headset), and it seems that even if it's just the littlest tap from behind sends the car spinning in turmoil. Then you try and countersteer but it won't turn. It seems impossible to save the car.
You are doing something wrong then, I can catch nearly all 'lovetaps', slow down a bit and DEVASTATE them next corner, then pretend I'm a 'douchebag' and nobody bats an eyelid!
Quote from Rappa Z :new questions. I know that you can get decals from one car to another, as on as they are the same model. But can you get decals from one model and put them on something completely different(i.e. from a lambo to a M3)?

Not directly. You can't just load a different car's paintjob that way (I assume you mean the entire skin rather than the individual decals).

However, if you save all the parts as Decal Groups you can easily create the same skin again. And if you really wanted you could select all of your layers, turn that into a group and then load it onto a different car. But obviously you'd need to do a little fine tuning to get it looking nice.

I'm working on a nifty little C class 206 for the LFS race that never happened. It's a LFS skin and I'm really pleased with how the letters have turned out so far. Each one of them is a decal group, so I can load up, for example, the L on any car I want (it's about 6 layers).
Once every letter is done I'll save the 3 words as another group so I can paste it on quickly to anything in future. The other advantage of this method is it keeps them grouped when you stick them on, so you can resize the entire thing rather than each piece.

And this is the reason my Forza profile is like 300Mb when most other games are about 1
New DLC on it's way, apparently this weekend, uncofirmed cars.

1) Ferrari F40 Competizione (LM)
2) 997 911GT2
3) BMW E92 M3
4) BMW 3.0CSL (shark-nose)
5) Audi S5
6) Pug 207 S2000 (another one )

14 cars for 400ms points, I'll probably get it, seeing as I have 400ms points sitting around doing nowt
Bah, looks like just re-skinned or more powerful versions of what we already have. There's nothing all that interesting in there IMO.
The last car pack was better because the Trans Am and especially the Renault 5 are a bit different.

Slackers
Still 8 cars that we don't know about, the only reskinned car I can see is the Pug 207 S2000, everything else is fresh.
I want a Forza 2 Rally Pack (/hides).
New tires, new tracks. Because a lot of the cars in the game already are rally legends, it seems a shame to limit them to tarmac. I know it'll never happen, but I can dream

[Edit: of course the inability to flip the cars might remove a lot of the rally challenge]

Forza 2, pretty bloody good infact........
(698 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG