The online racing simulator
Where is the Xbox live Gold one month trial card/code, because I cant find it anywhere in the box. and when I ordered it, it stated it had one month free trial.
Just found the piece of paper what explains how to get it.
You don't really need it, just sign up for XBL and you automatically get a 1 month gold trial
Quote from danowat :You don't really need it, just sign up for XBL and you automatically get a 1 month gold trial

oh I see, so when it asks for me to select what membership I want just go to silver then it will give me the free trial?
Just select gold free trial, it will ask you when you try to sign up for a silver if I remember correctly.
About the drift setup:

You don't need to set the brake balance to the rear.... that's what you have a handbrake for... it's called using the handbrake to initiate the drift...

You can use pretty much all of the common drift techniques in Forza. Only clutch kick won't work, because there is no clutch in Forza.

And you actually don't need to have a drift setup. You can drift any RWD car on the stock setup if the car is powerful enough.

If you find yourself struggling tho... try to stiffen the suspension and use some more tire pressure. But really, using racing suspension in Forza does quite ruin the feeling of driving a street car. I recommend to stay with the stock suspension. It's a lot more fun.
I find feinting works quite well, not that I ever drift or anything.............
Yep, works best for me aswell.
I got sorta screwed over my 1 month gold free trial, turns out it started when I created the Live account on a mates console, and is tied into the account and not linked to the console. So I was only able to use my new console on Live for 10 days. Ended up shouting at some tier 2 support guy at Microsoft over it, as its sold advertising a months free trial
Yeah, you can just make a new GT, and sign up for another 1 months free trail, I think each xbox360 unit is only allowed to make 5 free trials though....
Free xbox live rocks though...See below:
http://www.keepingittwisted.com/xbox_register.aspx

Go to this site, register and you got yourself a free 48-hour redeem code!
And what's the best part of this is, that you can get as many of those codes as you want!
Just register again and again and again.
I got notepead document on my desktop with ~10 codes already in there
That doesn't work in the UK I think, I remeber trying it before.

You did remind me though, I have a 48hr trial in my Halo 3 case
Is it such a big deal to buy a one year gold membership? It doesn't cost a fortune anyway... and compared to what you get it's bloody cheap!
Yea, you pay £30 a year for some laggy servers full of idiots great
Quote from VALE 46 :Yea, you pay £30 a year for some laggy servers that fall over a lot, and a service that has loads of bugs, and falls over a lot and servers that are full of idiots great

Corrected it slightly for you
Well, I ordered an xbox 360 from play.com last night (the package with extra controller, Forza 2 and Viva Pinata for £260), hopefully it'll come on monday, but I doubt it at this time of year, probably looking at thursday/friday.
If you have a 10 year old daughter DO NOT let her play Viva pinata, you will not get on the xbox360 again!!! LOL
Quote from VALE 46 :Yea, you pay £30 a year for some laggy servers full of idiots great

I never experience lag on the Forza 2 Servers, nor Halo 3, Crackdown, Gears of War, etc. Actually, many of the games have worked lag-free for me most of the time when playing online.

Some of the games are simply awfull when it comes to that tho... talking about skate... what a shame. But i think that's more because they weren't able to program a decent netcode.

And i was actually talking about the whole xbox live system... including demos and all that. I gladly pay the price for the gold membership. But perhaps i only like it because it has worked well for me since i got the xbox in march 2006.
Quote from Rtsbasic :That doesn't work in the UK I think, I remeber trying it before.

You did remind me though, I have a 48hr trial in my Halo 3 case

Well i know many people who have registered themselves in UK and it works fine. But what i know is that there is two places under memberships to enter redeem code, in one place it works and in other it doesen't (says that it's not valid code or smth).
So maybe try again and tell me step by step of where you entered it, and if any error comes, write what it said to here, too.

Free XBOX Live FTW!!
Quote from danowat :If you have a 10 year old daughter DO NOT let her play Viva pinata, you will not get on the xbox360 again!!! LOL

I'm 19, so having a 10 year old daughter would be a bit of an odd thing really.

However it looks like a game that my mum might like... I'll make sure I keep her away from it
Why did they bundle forza 2 with VIVA PINATA?
I tried the demo just for try, and it's horrible!

I doubt some realistic sim-racer would have fun with that K-I-D-S game :O
Im sorry if there really is someone who plays V.Pinata also, but that's only my opinion.
Quote from Eleanor SpeedGT :Why did they bundle forza 2 with VIVA PINATA?
I tried the demo just for try, and it's horrible!

I doubt some realistic sim-racer would have fun with that K-I-D-S game :O
Im sorry if there really is someone who plays V.Pinata also, but that's only my opinion.

Duh! One game to shut the kids up and keep the Mrs happy.
The curiousity was too big for me... had to try a scoreboard car.

Mugen Integra - Road Atlanta short - 00:57:189 - Rank 271

I didn't know what parts i should buy for the car. And i suck at setups. I suppose with the right tune i could be a little faster.

How can i download setups and see what upgrades are installed when viewing the scoreboard times?

I won't use this car for online races, but i want to get into the top 100 times with hotlapping.
What upgrades does your mugen have?, I can do setups, maybe if I can a car up to the same level, I can work on a setup.
I'd prefer to use the Trueno, much more fun and if you get pissed off hotlapping, there is always dorifto...

Forza 2, pretty bloody good infact........
(698 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG