The online racing simulator
I remember why I stopped playing this god damn game now, why do they force you to race with retarded AI drivers? You could take the worst wrecking noob out of a demo server and make him look like an angel compared to the AI in this game. I'm seriously bored of being rammed off the track or spun everytime I pass a car. It's bad enough that I am trying to win in the worst car, which is apparently a tuned Ferrari F430 when the lead car is a bog standard Corvette C6...hmmm don't think so somehow, but every single time I am near an AI car they ram me, doesn't matter where I am or what I am doing, they just punt me off. ARGH! RANT!
Quote from brt900 :do you have me on xbox?

Yh i added you earlier, says pending friend request or something like that.
I set a new record by the way, 1 second into a race before being taken out by an AI driver. I kept perfectly straight from the start and they just came across and tagged my rear bumper, spinning me into the pit wall and borking my engine.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I set a new record by the way, 1 second into a race before being taken out by an AI driver. I kept perfectly straight from the start and they just came across and tagged my rear bumper, spinning me into the pit wall and borking my engine.

Just hang back and nail them through the corners.
Quote from Greboth :Yh i added you earlier, says pending friend request or something like that.

just accepted you on xbox.com
Quote from BlueFlame :Just hang back and nail them through the corners.

You think they will suddenly become intelligent clean racing drivers in the corners? The reason I was making that start was because the previous 10 attempts resulted in being taken out in a corner. The trouble is, I am there trying to drive with no assists, using a gamepad, in a slower car. So when they decide to lean on me in a turn, or use me as a brake, I can't just shrug it off, I go backwards and start screaming as my virtual Forza career flashes before my eyes.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :You think they will suddenly become intelligent clean racing drivers in the corners? The reason I was making that start was because the previous 10 attempts resulted in being taken out in a corner. The trouble is, I am there trying to drive with no assists, using a gamepad, in a slower car. So when they decide to lean on me in a turn, or use me as a brake, I can't just shrug it off, I go backwards and start screaming as my virtual Forza career flashes before my eyes.

I do understand how retarded the Forza AI are, but I manage to not get taken out 10times during the start. :P
Dont know what you're talking about, the AI has still to completely take me out. Sure I got spun once or twice, but they havent rammed straight into me
If I could show you the replays I would, they are quite funny. It was just this one race, last race of the A Class Professional series, I won the last 4 with no problems. It's like they were pissed off with me, I was trying to keep well out of their way and take it easy, but every single time I got taken out. I think it's just because I am running unstable cars with no assists, so even slight knocks will wipe me clean out. It was at Mugello too, which doesn't help because it's hard to make a pass in a place where they can't lunge straight back at you again.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :If I could show you the replays I would, they are quite funny. It was just this one race, last race of the A Class Professional series, I won the last 4 with no problems. It's like they were pissed off with me, I was trying to keep well out of their way and take it easy, but every single time I got taken out. I think it's just because I am running unstable cars with no assists, so even slight knocks will wipe me clean out. It was at Mugello too, which doesn't help because it's hard to make a pass in a place where they can't lunge straight back at you again.

Well, some tracks are easy victories as the AI aren't so good there, and others are quite difficult. Mugello can be a diffucult track to drive, but it's a track of patience, it's so easy to gun it early and end up on the goolies, you just have to pace yourself and wait till you see the exit kerb to gun it.
Quote from BlueFlame :Well, some tracks are easy victories as the AI aren't so good there, and others are quite difficult. Mugello can be a diffucult track to drive, but it's a track of patience, it's so easy to gun it early and end up on the goolies, you just have to pace yourself and wait till you see the exit kerb to gun it.

Yeh I know the track quite well, it's one of my favourites, stick fat stupid AI in the way and it's a nightmare though.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Yeh I know the track quite well, it's one of my favourites, stick fat stupid AI in the way and it's a nightmare though.

Always loved taking the quick NGT cars around Mugello, and of course the stock Gallardo.
Quote from brt900 :just accepted you on xbox.com

Sorry, I wasn't on xbl that late. I am at work now but gift the cars to me and I will send them over to you tonight when i am home.
Did a little test in forza 2 for Tommy. I thought it's physics weren't advanced enough to get rear inner wheel up in fwd cars.. Changed suspension and it actually worked.

Although it should be working on some stock fwd hatches in forza 2 and it doesn't (at least not without custom suspension setup). I hope forza 3 improved in that department and that for example we will be seeing focus rs rear inner wheel going up during hard cornering.
Quote from Greboth :Sorry, I wasn't on xbl that late. I am at work now but gift the cars to me and I will send them over to you tonight when i am home.

gifted
How about we have a little get together tonight? The other day I spent 15 minutes trying to find and join a multiplayer race without succes so I gave up in frustration. I've actually only ever had 1 multiplayer race in Forza 2 and it wasn't really that fun, but maybe with some fellow LFS'ers we can get some good racing in?

I was thinking of creating a game tonight say between 7 - 8pm GMT. Car class would be B or C as I think they offer the best racing; I don't like the R class cars and especially dislike S and U class cars.

As for the tracks I was thinking of a US theme with:
  • Laguna Seca
  • Maple Valley
  • Sebring
  • Road Atlanta
Open for suggestions, of course.

The only assist allowed would be ABS, everything else disabled.

Whaddaya say?
Quote from obsolum :How about we have a little get together tonight? The other day I spent 15 minutes trying to find and join a multiplayer race without succes so I gave up in frustration. I've actually only ever had 1 multiplayer race in Forza 2 and it wasn't really that fun, but maybe with some fellow LFS'ers we can get some good racing in?

I was thinking of creating a game tonight say between 7 - 8pm GMT. Car class would be B or C as I think they offer the best racing; I don't like the R class cars and especially dislike S and U class cars.

• Laguna Seca
  • Maple Valley
  • Sebring
  • Road Atlanta

Whaddaya say?

im up for it i prefer b class as then we can use some lotuses for good handling etc
Sounds like fun, If I can make it on ill come on for a bit. Tbh the ebst racingI have had on forza is where it is forced to one car. However I prefer the A class cars as they are quick and provide some challenge due to the power of them.
A, B or C class racing is all good.

I've been thinking about sorting out some cars that are slightly tuned that will be made fixed. I've tested out 3 cars so far, but need some more people to test them out. If you're interested, drop me a PM and i'll send the details of the cars.

If anyone is good at making setups, i'd be grateful with some help at making at setup that everyone could use to make it more even racing.
B & C are my favourites. The only R car I like driving is the Ferrari F333.
Sadly won't be able to make any race tonight though - the other half has invited her friend and child over for dinner
Quote from brt900 :im up for it i prefer b class as then we can use some lotuses for good handling etc

B is what I would prefer as well

Quote from Greboth :Sounds like fun, If I can make it on ill come on for a bit. Tbh the ebst racingI have had on forza is where it is forced to one car. However I prefer the A class cars as they are quick and provide some challenge due to the power of them.

I've thought about making it only one car - maybe even just factory spec - but then you'll almost always have people that don't like that particular car and driving a car you don't like just isn't fun. So for now I think I'll give people some choice of car and upgrades so they can set their car up to their own liking.

Quote from beefyman666 :A, B or C class racing is all good.

I've been thinking about sorting out some cars that are slightly tuned that will be made fixed. I've tested out 3 cars so far, but need some more people to test them out. If you're interested, drop me a PM and i'll send the details of the cars.

If anyone is good at making setups, i'd be grateful with some help at making at setup that everyone could use to make it more even racing.

Is it possible to send setups to other players then? Or how would you get everyone to have the same setup?
Yes you can, but I'm not sure how to do it. I assume the person with the setup needs to offer it. There's maybe a "share setup" option somewhere on the multiplayer lobby.
I think when you either sell a car on auction or gift a car with a saved setup, it goes with the car. Not 100% sure on that though.

If not, once one gets made, i'll post it up and everyone can make the setup and then use it. I'm sure you'd tell if someone was using something different.

It wouldn't be the end of the world if everyone used different setups, i'm just after a bit of equal racing with better than standard cars.
-
(Luke.S) DELETED by Luke.S
Quote from obsolum :How about we have a little get together tonight? The other day I spent 15 minutes trying to find and join a multiplayer race without succes so I gave up in frustration. I've actually only ever had 1 multiplayer race in Forza 2 and it wasn't really that fun, but maybe with some fellow LFS'ers we can get some good racing in?

• Laguna Seca
  • Maple Valley
  • Sebring
  • Road Atlanta

Whaddaya say?

ok i'll try to be there. Add me on xbox live Racer XR2

Quote from Greboth :Brt900: Its a 2004 Mistubishi Lancer Evolution VIII GSR As I said gift me them and ill add the paint jobs

o0 could i get one too please?

if we go B class I have a nice Focus ST/RS which I would like to try.
Alright, after a bit of testing I've decided to go with the B class cars; they're fast enough to provide a challenge but still easy enough to drive so you don't need to be über skilled to drive them So you can get testing and choose your cars

I honestly don't know if mine is fast but it just handles so lovely.

I think 5 laps on every track is enough, no?

As for adding people to my friends list... I was actually thinking of just starting a game tonight at the agreed time and call it LiveForSpeed and then anyone who wants to join can join it? I think that's easier than having to invite every player seperately, especially since I don't have anyone in my friends list The game should be easy to find if you just search for B class races.

Forza 2, pretty bloody good infact........
(698 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG