The online racing simulator

Poll : If Lewis didn't get spun by Felipe, what position would Lewis finish then?

More!
1st
3rd
2nd
4th
5th
7th
8th
6th
Argh.. I have V1 qualifying this afternoon.. I'm off to catch some Zs! Night chaps!
This race pretty much proved to me that Alonso is still top dog in Formula 1, and by a pretty large margin. Heck, I really hate the guy's guts, but as an all-round driver he has no competition -- he can build a team, drive fast in qualification, drive fast in the race, keep his head cool when others can't (*cough* Hamilton), isn't afraid to pick up shit and fling it at people... good stuff.

I hope he stays at Renault and finally decides to really settle into the team like Schumacher did at Ferrari.

* No, he shouldn't have been penalised for his T1 attack, but what was he thinking in the first place? I thought his plan was to stay cool and pick up points for the championship instead of raging for victory like an idiot, just like last year?
cos senna would have gone for the win, not race for pissy points.

j/k
If anyone deserves a penalty than it MUST be Bourdais because he should have seen that the "Ferrari comming"-light was flashing when leaving the pitlane. So he knew that if any incident was about to happen it would be clearly his fault.

For what did Hamilton get the DT? I can't count how many starts like this I have seen and there was no penalty...
Quote from three_jump :If anyone deserves a penalty than it MUST be Bourdais because he should have seen when leaving the pitlane that the "Ferrari comming"-light was flashing. So he knew that if any incident was about to happen it would be clearly his fault.

For what did Hamilton get the DT? I can't count how many starts like this I have seen and there was no penalty...

for being a threat to Ferrari and Massa's champions
lmfao at that japanese photographer trying to steal renaults champagne bottle

so humiliating..

anyways great race
starting to like alonso more and more
kubica too!
Quote from DevilDare :for being a threat to Ferrari and Massa's champions

Yep, That was a stupid penalty. I wouldn't be surprised if Massa gets nothing for the incident with Bourdais.

That race sucked for me my two favorite drivers did bad
Quote from SamH :Because if Bourdais finishes ahead of Massa, they can drop him down the field and get Massa some more points.

I think it's quite the opposite. You can't fiddle with the race results after the race if the incident didn't take place on the last 5 laps, or that what they said. So it's a matter of not giving points more points for Massa and getting accused for being too biased. If Bourdais will get penalty, it would be a 10 place drop on the grid in China (or the other way around, saving Massa's points if he is in the blame). He was getting out of the pits so technically he should have given room, but on the other hand it seemed Massa was just not looking where he was going.

Quote from Jertje :
No, he shouldn't have been penalised for his T1 attack, but what was he thinking in the first place? I thought his plan was to stay cool and pick up points for the championship instead of raging for victory like an idiot, just like last year?

Feel the same. I was once again stunned how big risks Heatonmol takes in his position. It was a silly dive and made Kimi go wide, but did not deserve a penalty. He could just have had the reputation of racing dirty and foolishly and being an ignorant cock, and not some kind of martyr of pro-Ferrari politics.

It's last year all over again, Hatemelon is leading the championship, but will lose it making silly moves.

I really hope Kubica wins the title. Massa proving finally how bad he is under any pressure once again.
Quote from three_jump :If anyone deserves a penalty than it MUST be Bourdais because he should have seen that the "Ferrari comming"-light was flashing when leaving the pitlane. So he knew that if any incident was about to happen it would be clearly his fault.

he isn't a lap down, he is racing for position.
if they arrived at the apex together, there are NO REASONS at all why Bourdais should yield.

it is just that Massa's failure to accomodate the fact that there are other drivers around...

but well he'll definitly get a penalty of some sort anyway to further aid Massa...
Quote from Blackout :Feel the same. I was once again stunned how big risks Heatonmol takes in his position. It was a silly dive and made Kimi go wide, but did not deserve a penalty. He could just have had the reputation of racing dirty and foolishly and being an agnorant cock, and not some kind of martyr of pro-Ferrari politics.

It's last year all over again, Hatemelon is leading the championship, but will lose it making silly moves.

I really hope Kubica wins the title. Massa proving finally how bad he is under any pressure once again.

Too early in the morning for you?

Quote from JCTK :it is just that Massa's failure to accomodate the fact that there are other drivers around...

As I watched Massa come into the braking zone, I thought, "Bourdais should be about alongside now... Err... Massa... not so tight, mate... WHAT THE?!"

He drove quick today, no doubt about that. But sometimes, he's too aggressive for his own good. Perhaps he's taken a leaf out of Hamilton's book. :rolleyes:
Quote from samjh :Too early in the morning for you?

Well English isn't my first language, but thank you kind sir.

Fixed.
Lonso was in his own class today. Probably the weakest car in top three and yet a secure lead over the full gp. Surely, the T1 incident along with Heikki's dnf all added to Lonso's luck but the Renault's pace was right there with bmw/mc/fer and Lonso's laps were deadly fast. And Puiqot, 4th...? Was really nice to see Baurdis getting ahead of Veetlet once, another solid drive. As for Masaa and Haemitlon, well both made their own errors come to reality, just way too risky for the little gains. Räikkönen was a bit unnoticeable just like he always is when he doesn't have superior car or tactic. It is still a mystery how Kimi managed to pass Haemitlon into T1 but lost it all while braking into T1.

Well, hopefully it's all good points in the f1 manager
Totally noobish L1 T1 attempt from Hamilton nearly caused crash of WHOLE grid, and this is not reason for DT? Come on.
Then he was shot by his own weapon: driving with BALLS right? Thanks Mr. Massa
After that in pitstops he looked like a chick at first driving lessons... WOOOOmm---WOOOmm-WOOOmmm, good for him he didn't stalled.
And the last lap was awesome! He overtook the leader just like that, just before finish, he is flying, he is Senna, he is TERMINATOR! hell yeah! oh wait...

Alonso rocks, omg he was so fast. Piquet also... Renault's are keeping up good. Honors for them.

After all, I'm still impressed how Kubica menaged to defend Kimi's attacks on 1,5km long straight, several times. Good job
please delete
Good morning guys! I have just woke up, so I missed the race...I dunno what happened. But I can watch it afternoon.

Edit: Oh as I read the news...Hamilton was clever in T1..
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Good morning guys! I have just woke up, so I missed the race...I dunno what happened. But I can watch it afternoon.

Edit: Oh as I read the news...Hamilton was clever in T1..

ahhhh we missed you and all your rants about Hamilton.

Please watch the race..... the news are crap and usually get everything look really bad.....
Quote from DevilDare :Please watch the race..... the news are crap and usually get everything look really bad.....

Well, like I said I definitely don't think he needed to be penalised, but can you actually truthfully say it was a clever move?
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Yeah but I saw you were here.

Yeah. More jobs like it from him!

shut up i was having a "stress" moment

but anyway, yeah T1 wasnt very smart from Hamilton, but the Massa inccident wasnt really smarter.....
Quote from DevilDare :shut up i was having a "stress" moment

Ok ok I know. I used to post such comments too. I think I must watch the race.
Did you seriously expect anything else?

Hello.... Massa is driving a Ferrari!
Haha, I was just about to flame Bean0, good thing I waited for the source link What a load of horse shit that decision to penalise Bourdais.
If Bourdais wasn't avoiding contact it was same situtation were Massa spinned out Hamilton and was penalised.

And please, how can you all (especially JCTK) crying how FIA is bad fo Hami, after last seaseon where he was 'The Golden Children of FIA'... illegal towing, penaltys for his oponents while it was his fault etc.?

Not that I don't see some help from FIA to Ferrari. For example Massa's overtaking on the right side at main straight and just crossing pit lane exit at 300km/h!.... Jesus.. if someone were leaving pits there, we would hear funeral march.
Well I have to say that's a poor decision on the face of it, although TV viewers only got one view from the outside of the track. Makes you wonder what the onboards show. It could be that Bourdais clips the inside kerb and pops out wide into Massa, or maybe the back steps out and he corrects it into Massa.

Can't really judge it from what we have seen, although I suppose judgment will take a back seat for the next hour or two in this thread.

2008 Formula 1 Fuji Television Japanese Grand Prix
(510 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG