The online racing simulator
Hello!

I wonder if somebody could help me a little. ATM i'm running a demo dedicated server on Windows 2000. I installed the LFSLapper and read thru the manual and did as it stood. I made the /insim 29999 in the lfs server window and then fired upp a "mono" console and tried starting lfs lapper! But i get an error message: Connection reset by peer

What could be the cause of this? I checked the pass in the cfg file and its the right one!

Thanks for your time!
Quote from MadMag :Another question:

How do I reset the score/time for a single user ?

Delete lines that belong to that user from txt file. And do that while LFSLapper is not running...

Quote from Zmod :I made the /insim 29999 in the lfs server window and then fired upp a "mono" console and tried starting lfs lapper! But i get an error message: Connection reset by peer

Possibly the server has more network interfaces ? Use the same (external IP) IP on lfs server and in lfslapper.cfg file...
OK, but I still can't find the PB.txt file.. ?
Any answer to me Monky :'(
its not possible ?
Quote from gwendoline :
its not possible ?

It seems like someone already done that (usernames) on LFSLapper. I hope I will get the source updates, so I can put them
in main branch...
Received quite a few other improvements from others, but I am again in that lazy state...
Glad to ear that
Wake up Monky and move your humps to made us this also quick as you can made in past mate...you are the best remember ... we need hero like you to survive in LFS "jungle" world
hello, can anyone give me a walkthrough on how to make lfslapper have a message appear in the server every 10 minutes? (this is a feature right?) also can i get help on having a welcome message appear. These are the only two features i want to use from lfs lapper, so what do i have to do to make sure the other features arent used?

thanks in advance..
@Vendetta
Modify your lfslapper.cfg like this :
Messages all 10 mn
ScheduledAction =
0 10 * * * * : 0 20 * * * * : 0 30 * * * * : 0 40 * * * * : 0 50 * * * * : 0 00 * * * * |/msg This message appears each 10 mn:/msg you can add more lines like this:/msg Vote vendetta for President !|

Disables others commands
Add "#" before each line you want disable specialy commands lines (you can miss "sensors" lines)

Welcome lapper message
ConnectMsg =
^6{LongDate} {LongTime} {ShortTrackName}|
^7Welcome on ADA Land !|
^8This server is powered by lapper.|
^8Type ^7!help ^8after leaving garage to check special commands.
Quote from MonkOnHotTinRoof :It seems like someone already done that (usernames) on LFSLapper. I hope I will get the source updates, so I can put them
in main branch...
Received quite a few other improvements from others, but I am again in that lazy state...

Using usernames would make a huge difference. At the moment i have switched lapper off on one servers as drivers were getting fed up with the message when recording to the PB.txt and if i switch off the message I get fed up taking out the dulicates due to ^ colour and other minor changes to drivers nicknames.

Last weekend Lapper recorded 650 racers details over 100 were nickname changes. - a total nightmare

Does anyone have a copy of this change - PLEASE......
Birder...its important this change is integrate in main branch of lapper for futures changes and wide compatibilities.
Only Monkey can help us...maybe you do join us to rapt and pain him to force to made this as quick as possible! rofl
He's asleep and wait for princess "princess'kiss" to revive:wizard:
Sign the petition for Monk get out lazy state and help us : :bowdown:

Gwendoline
SHOE_MAKER
birder
Hi Monk, i've got a question. I changed the admin password in the CFG and in in the server CFG. But it still says "Insim: admin password does not match".
So is there in the new version something new with the admin pass line?
Hi!
Hi all!

I am about to give up on this now, I cant create the PB.txt and DriftPB.txt, it just wont work for me...the server register the LFSLapper but still it wont create these files, I am running it on Windows XP, so can someone just please send me the PB.txt and DriftPB.txt, so I can finally have it running, I tried everything you wrote, read through everything, I am a HUGE noob in programming so I might done something wrong, but I been doing all the information and still the PB.txt and DriftPB.txt refuses to create...so last help before I really just delete this addon...

Thanks for your help!
Simple...buy S2 licence
Just ad a empty tekstfile ( by notepad ) in the bin folder the names PB.txt and DriftPB.txt.

Its works great
Quote from XtremeSR-MrX :I changed the admin password in the CFG and in in the server CFG. But it still says "Insim: admin password does not match".

Are you sure the right script is being run ? Maybe you modified one, and run the other one... Or maybe you forgot to delete that extra '/' in LFS's setup.cfg

It has to be like:

/admin=Pass

and not

//admin=Pass
Quote from Kyoshiro : but I been doing all the information and still the PB.txt and DriftPB.txt refuses to create

I really don't know why file isn't created for some people while others don't have any problems with it. Files are created automatically when someone makes a time that is better than defined in script:

# Maximum allowed lap time to record it and execute action.

MaxLapTime = 2.00.00

Note that in default script right this option is overriden at end of file as an example...

# Instead of changing default options above, you can overide them.

MaxLapTime = 1.50.00

In other words, if you have such definition, file PB.txt should be created when someone makes his lap time better than 1:50:00.

Other thing that may (but probably doesn't) prevent file from being created is, that you dont' have writing access to defined file paths.
You can also specify your own path for result files:

example:

Database = c:/PB.txt

Any news on using Username in the PB.txt to stop the same person trying to fill the first 15 places when using !top?

I cannot find anyone who has do this change as someone though earlier
It all works now, all I had to do was to delete it all and then just redownload it and prepare it again for the LFS server, dont ask me why it didnt work before when I did the same steps, but oh well, now it works atleast

Thanks for all the hints!

Quote from MonkOnHotTinRoof :I really don't know why file isn't created for some people while others don't have any problems with it. Files are created automatically when someone makes a time that is better than defined in script:

# Maximum allowed lap time to record it and execute action.

MaxLapTime = 2.00.00

Note that in default script right this option is overriden at end of file as an example...

# Instead of changing default options above, you can overide them.

MaxLapTime = 1.50.00

In other words, if you have such definition, file PB.txt should be created when someone makes his lap time better than 1:50:00.

Other thing that may (but probably doesn't) prevent file from being created is, that you dont' have writing access to defined file paths.
You can also specify your own path for result files:

example:

Database = c:/PB.txt

I need help !
Ok i got a server and im tryin to get lapper to work ....

when i open "NETStartDefault" i get :

D:\LFS\LFSLapper\bin>LFSLapper.exe ../cfg/LFSLapper.cfg
LFSLapper, Version=3.3.2401.23616, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Copyright (C) 2005-2006 Janez Cufer
LFSLapper comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions. Read LICENSE for details.
An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
D:\LFS\LFSLapper\bin>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

what do i do to get the lapper to lap??
Quote from Nitrojunkies :
what do i do to get the lapper to lap??

Did you type /insim 29999 on lfs server ? Please read first post in this thread (first page) for quick start...
PB.txt
Aight! I have added manually PB.txt and DriftPB.txt to the bin folder, but the files stay empty, no logging at all ? It is write access..
backing up on blackwood or going the wrong way?
Quote from Ezoworx :Alot of the people on MIDWEST DRIFT TEAM SERVER on the demo are going reverse on Blackwood Track's dragstrip, and, well, the scores on LFSLapper now are insane. Is there a way, a code to disable reverse points altogether? An answer would be godly.

It is known exploit. Default script has too big angle defined. Reducing MaximumDriftAngle should help. To 40 degrees maybe ?

Or are you asking how to delete just the points won by driving backwards from txt file? That is not possible, unless you know who the cheaters are . Then you could delete them manually from file... (but it's still tedious job to do, when lots of players).
Quote from MadMag :I have added manually PB.txt and DriftPB.txt to the bin folder, but the files stay empty, no logging at all ?

No need to create files...
Did you ever pass finish line so that LFSLapper wrote something like
New PB by blabla (xf gti): 1:32.12
with big letters across the screen?

Remember that in default script, you have to go under 1:50 for action to activate and pb to be saved into file...

If it still doesn't work for you, contact me by MSN and I will look into it (if you have server accessible from outside).
Quote from Ezoworx :Alot of the people on MIDWEST DRIFT TEAM SERVER on the demo are going reverse on Blackwood Track's dragstrip, and, well, the scores on LFSLapper now are insane. Is there a way, a code to disable reverse points altogether? An answer would be godly.

Hehe Ezo, now we dont have to even care about it anymore, we will just run the server privatly and our team mates wont cheat, or they get kick, so simple!

For me, points arnt that neccesary, I just want to learn how to drift good in turns, but ppl like to do 360's >_>

So I got a question, is there by any chance some way to turn auto pit on people that will even try make a 360 turn?, I tried with the maximum stunt, but it wont work, only when someone crash :S...

LFSLapper - Another Insim Mod
(616 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG