The online racing simulator
Maybe a version X of lapper...

I view a server called FRH PLFS W39 Lapper in the list of server W39.

I am intrigued...
Quote from Gai-Luron :It's not !top BMW, but !top BF1

sorry i forgot to mention, but i tried that as wel, and doesn't work either ..

!top XFG works fine
!top XRT works fine
!top BF1 doens't ..
In your PB file, you should have BF1 and not BMW

Gai-Luron
k, seems like all the problems are idd caused by the PB.txt file

but why does LFSLapper write "BMW ", and it should be "BF1" ?

like i should change all manually everytime.. makes no sense?
Because it'a a OLD PB file you have used with a new specification of car name bye Insim. It's not Lapper. Lapper write the correct name.

OLD PB typ file
BMW SAUBER

New PB typ file
BF1

You used an OLD PB FILE With NEW LAPPER PB FILE SPECIFICATION AND Lapper Do not convert OLD PB FILE. You understand!

Gai-Luron
hmmm not quite

i understand what happens, but what do i need to do to fix it, so i get "BF1" in PB.txt ?
Stop Lapper. get an editor, change "BMW " TO "BF1" without quote, change "FXO " TO "FXR", etc...

restart Lapper, and the new record with BMW are write with BF1.

thats all

Gai-Luron
Quote from Gai-Luron : get an editor, change "BMW " TO "BF1" without quote, change "FXO " TO "FXR", etc...

in PB.txt i presume?

i'll try it later this evening, thanks!
okay, done, and almost all works great now...

except, when i drive new PB with BF1, it still records as "BMW " in PB.txt...
also in game it says "New PB by CyCo (BMW ) ..." and not "New PB by CyCo (BF1) ..." like i would expect)
(i changed all "BMW " manually in "BF1", and there was no trace of "BMW " left in PB.txt...)
with the other cars i don't seem to have that problem...
don't know why that is :/
Can someone help me! i cant get lfslapper to run with the game. I did the Quick start list on the first page,and i start lfslapper and it says its running,But i cant get the drift score to count. I´ve posted a link if someone can check if i did the right stuff in the config. I´ve read the readme but it didnt help me at all.

http://www.speedyshare.com/754741941.html
lol...
all is fixed now

i first wrote a perl script to convert all the car-names in PB.txt to the right 3-letter ones, but still LFSLapper didn't record new PB's with the correct 3-letter car-abbreviation

then suddenly i came across something
looked like the server was still running version V, so that's why i got "BMW " instead of "BF1" etc.
i upgraded the server to version W, and all works fine now
at last!

thanks for help though
Quote from mercca :Can someone help me! i cant get lfslapper to run with the game. I did the Quick start list on the first page,and i start lfslapper and it says its running,But i cant get the drift score to count. I´ve posted a link if someone can check if i did the right stuff in the config. I´ve read the readme but it didnt help me at all.

http://www.speedyshare.com/754741941.html

Can anyone help me with the stuff above? Really need LFSlapper running
Quote from vkmaxx :
...Only cgi script doesn’t work...

what cgi script???

Gai-Luron
Originally Posted by Gai-Luron
"Hello Racer.
LFSLapper will die at the exit of the patch X.
It is sad, is'nt it?
And this topic will not be used any more."

Gai-Luron

Patch X just has been released. Does this mean no more lapper? For sure?
Heyas,

I run a dedicated server and have updated it to LFS X. Prior to this, I had LFSLapper working sweet with my dedicated server.

Now it's updated to X, when i try to connect LFSLapper to the server, on the LFS Console screen, it says:

'InSim : First byte in packet does not match size'

I have checked the config files, and it's all pointing port 29999 on both the LFS config file and the LFSLapper config file.

I am aware changes have been made to InSim on version X, but is anyone else having this issue?

RichX
yep.. looks like no more LFSLapper for a while.
Quote from RchX :Heyas,

I run a dedicated server and have updated it to LFS X. Prior to this, I had LFSLapper working sweet with my dedicated server.

Now it's updated to X, when i try to connect LFSLapper to the server, on the LFS Console screen, it says:

'InSim : First byte in packet does not match size'

I have checked the config files, and it's all pointing port 29999 on both the LFS config file and the LFSLapper config file.

I am aware changes have been made to InSim on version X, but is anyone else having this issue?

RichX

Yes Rich, I would say (at a guess) that EVERYBODY is having this problem...
reading back a few pages in this very thread would tell you that LFS Lapper (and, for that matter, ALL previous InSim add-ons) are incompatible with Patch X due to the major changes in InSim itself ...upgraded from v3 to v4.
A update will be out soon. They just wanted to wait for the inSim changes to stabilise before fixing.
New lapper version (X patch compatible) on tests actualy at "FRH PLFS test lapper" host...wait a bit...release soon
i think ill go back to w until the x lfs lapper is out and i have written a new config, will i need a new config file with the new lfs lapper?

this must be by far the most popular unofficial add-on for the whole of lfs!
Quote from gwendoline :New lapper version (X patch compatible) on tests actualy at "FRH PLFS test lapper" host...wait a bit...release soon

That's fantastic news
@Vane : the new version is only "adaptation" to X patch...any big changes on cfg files inside for moment. I think this is relaesed very quickly (seem working fine on tests host).
New improvements using new Insim capacities coming later in future patch.
yes!!!
Looks great! Add. it´s much better then the old lapper. A lot has improoved. Let me know it you wanna have it tested on my demoserver as well.
Send it in a mail to : bamse001(ADD)yahoo.com

LFSLapper - Another Insim Mod
(616 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG