The online racing simulator
Quote from racemania :
sorry if i seem like a noob just dont understand how you guys have put a target line like
"C:\Documents and settings\nick\desktop\LFSLapper\bin\LFSLapper.exe"

Just add ..\cfg\lfslapper.cfg to this target:

Quote :
"C:\Documents and settings\nick\desktop\LFSLapper\bin\LFSLapper.exe" ..\cfg\lfslapper.cfg

The only thing in lfslapper.cfg you have to change is line with Password (change it to match admin password of your server). Open lfslapper.cfg with notepad and search for line Password = Pass

That will work if you are using .NET framework. If you are using Mono, this shortcut will not work (see my previous post how to make target for Mono).

Contact me on MSN or email me if there are still troubles.
#77 - sure
Lapper is cool!
Hi Everyone,

Yes, LFSLapper is an extraordinary add-on, /rcm ^3BIG THANKS!|/rcm_all to the Creator!

Even though I'm only a demo racer (for the time being at least...) and running a server only occassionally ( JAMAICA , if you happen to come accross it ), racing is a lot more fun with it - and not to mention the AutoAction and IdleAction functions that are a bit of a help to keep away the childish, idiotic bad guys that I suppose are more frequent on demo servers than on licensed ones.

I am not a "cube-headed" programmer, but with the readme and the sample .cfg file provided, everything is straightforward to use and reconfigure for the individual taste, and it is always fun to test whether a particular CFG change works, and if it does, how.
Lapper can work on demo mode ?
i think demo cant join insim illepall
#79 - Noxi
yes you can run insim and lfslapper on demoserver
Cool Monk is our God
Thanks for notice i dont know before your help
This may be a stupid question, but here it goes... I have everything working correctly on my Win2000 server, but when I type "T" to chat and enter "!top" and hit enter, it just chats !top to everyone else. It was funny because I got a few, "Huh?" from other drivers in response to seeing the "!top" command show up in the chat when I was testing it. Am I missing something?
Working only after leaving garage and you be on track.
Dont works in spectating mode.
Dont works if PB's table not yet build with some PBs saved.(eg new track on server)
i purpose try to use specific command like "!top FXR" or other car.
Watch on your cfg lapper file wich car selected like default car.
How often does the FTP upload?

Is it possible to have it modified to give the top speed?

Thanks, great prog!!

Mark
Hi,
since the last update we got some trouble with LFSlapper.
It seems that AngleVelocityAction is being executed at least 2 times per incident, sometimes its even stuck in a loop for a minute or so, it keeps putting racers in the pitlane a hundred times wich is really annoying.. This is not related to the problem that actions cant be executed due to a laggy player - it happens when there is no lag at all.
I doublechecked my cfg without finding anything suspicious. It used to work fine.
Any suggestions?
Oh and yes, it would be very nice to have something like !speed show a table of the fastest speeds achieved.
Thanks for your work!
Quote from MrSilly :How often does the FTP upload?
Is it possible to have it modified to give the top speed?

Ftp uploads files every time they are updated with new PB. Transmission could lag other messages for quite a while, I think. I haven't tested that feature myself tho.

It is easy to change (only one line?) the source and recompile to get speeds instead of drift points, but IMO that isn't very useful. People would just rocket themselves under the sky at certain track parts .
Someone have problems with FTP function in the new patch ?
Explain me clear thanks
So,
am I the only one having problems with the AngleVelocityAction?
Quote from FM-Failure :...AngleVelocityAction is being executed at least 2 times per incident, sometimes its even stuck in a loop for a minute or so, it keeps putting racers in the pitlane a hundred times wich is really annoying.

Gwendoline has seen it too on our server.
All older versions before 3.1 work very well.
Quote from gwendoline :Someone have problems with FTP function in the new patch ?
Explain me clear thanks

No problem, i just wanted to know how often it uploaded the files.
ASP viewer for PB.Txt uploaded to website
ok got a question how do you get those stats uploaded to a web page do i need to change a setting in the cfg or add somthing else

btw i got my lapper working now and its great just not to many ppl like it cause of the notifcations

but i love it thanks to the dev of this little adon
Quote from racemania :ok got a question how do you get those stats uploaded to a web page do i need to change a setting in the cfg or add somthing else

You edit the cfg file and insert your FTP details.
....and have download the latest patch
@ racemania : come watch how work it my server, i have pulled many advise from cfg for better concentration on drive and less messages.
Maybe soon i post my cfg for u can see it.
#94 - Noxi
Thx Noxi...i'm blushed.
I'm not the coder (only the tester ), but i'll ask my friend for he post (quicky) his php code for your pleasure.
When I try and start LFS Lapper the window just closes. The debug option doesn't appear to work but I notice in the window-- when it opens and closes-- that the error I'm getting is about the pb.txt and DriftPB.txt not being found.

The program does not create these files. I used a text editor and created the two files, with nothing in them.

How EXACTLY do I point to these files, in the *.cfg file.

Currently I have this for one of these text files,

DriftDatatbase = LFSLapper/bin/DriftPB.txt

I've tried it also using the drive designation, since I have the main program in the root, "D" directory.

It would like like this,

DriftDatabase = D:\LFSLapper/bin/DrfitPB.txt

Neither way works. I still get the error message. I have the main executable pointing to the *.cfg file.

How EXACTLY do I indicate this path to the *.txt files, is what I want to know.

Alan
#97 - Noxi
@Alan_Bernardo
No you dont need to make thise files, they will be created when the first driver makes his first lap. This error you get is not the reson lfslapper dont start.

The problem I would guess is with InSim, somehow the port you are using for InSim is already used. When I config my LFS server with /insim 29999 in the config I get the same as you, the window closes without any errors. So I removed that from config and manualy start InSim from the chat in my driversseat with /insim 29999. Thats how I got it to work, dont know why the config dont work. GL
Quote from Noxi :@Alan_Bernardo
No you dont need to make thise files, they will be created when the first driver makes his first lap. This error you get is not the reson lfslapper dont start.

The problem I would guess is with InSim, somehow the port you are using for InSim is already used. When I config my LFS server with /insim 29999 in the config I get the same as you, the window closes without any errors. So I removed that from config and manualy start InSim from the chat in my driversseat with /insim 29999. Thats how I got it to work, dont know why the config dont work. GL

That did not work. My window closes, but with errors, something about how the text files cannot be found.

Could someone please post a config file, one that works.

Thanks,

Alanb
Quote from Noxi :Very nice gwendoline! Wanna share that php code for the page?

I hope you'll be happy my friend.
This code is downloadable on our Teamsite now.
Apologies for no french visitors all is only on french.
For find lapperdisplay PHP code visit us at www.frhteam.jexiste.fr and look "FRH mods" button on left column in main page.
Thanks gwendoline!

LFSLapper - Another Insim Mod
(616 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG