The online racing simulator
Quote from jrusselluk :
I am trying to implement:
pit = spectate
reset = spectate

In short you want to spectate (or any other action) player that enters pit or resets car ? Without additional coding this is not possible in current version (InSim does not provide info about reset AFAIK). But should be easy to code it, I believe. Detecting reset would be made by comparing 2 frames on speed and distance/angle change . I think the problem with the pit detection is, that the name of player is in message (not sure about that tho, should test).
I will look into it tomorrow (today actually ).
No need to create new threads around, BTW !
Cheers MonkOnHotTinRoof

I know in the soccer server they have 3 pits = kick but not sure how its done.

Cheers,

James
Quote from MonkOnHotTinRoof :Detecting reset would be made by comparing 2 frames on speed and distance/angle change

Really not a good idea.
Quote from MonkOnHotTinRoof :I think the problem with the pit detection is, that the name of player is in message

IS_PLP, UName and PName.
Quote from filur :Really not a good idea.

Yes, it's ugly, but you have any better idea how to detect car reset?
I tested a bit, and it may work, still having some weird problems tho...

Quote from filur :
IS_PLP, UName and PName.

Yes, but that only works if player "teleports" to pits with pits option or shift+s, it doesn't work when he drives there. But I guess I can catch private messages (xx ENTERED pit lane) to host and parse them .
Quote from MonkOnHotTinRoof :
Yes, but that only works if player "teleports" to pits with pits option or shift+s, it doesn't work when he drives there. But I guess I can catch private messages (xx ENTERED pit lane) to host and parse them .

The bangers is done in the carpark with a autocross layout so that would be perfect

James
Quote from MonkOnHotTinRoof :Yes, it's ugly, but you have any better idea how to detect car reset?

Nope, i wouldn't even try. It's one of them things you'd really not want to detect by mistake, and as such, you'd want to be able to compare your criteria over a period of time to make sure you don't get it wrong, and with car resets, you can't.
I dont suppose it can be done by the reset key?

The pits is the most important part at the moment tho

Cheers,
James
Quote from jrusselluk :
The pits is the most important part at the moment tho

Here is exe only for pits action. Just add another action in cfg, example:

EnterPitAction = /msg {Nickname} teleported to pits! Kicked... | /kick {Username}
cheers! just put this on the server and its working great!

Thanks,

James
Quote from MonkOnHotTinRoof :.... But I guess I can catch private messages (xx ENTERED pit lane) to host and parse them .

Ya Monk is it possible adding "Nickname" on LFS text when mess "enter pits" or "outing pits" and watchable by all ? (eg "X" entering pits" or "X" outing pits")
Actualy only one driver watch this message.
Quote from gwendoline :Ya Monk is it possible adding "Nickname" on LFS text when mess "enter pits" or "outing pits" and watchable by all ? (eg "X" entering pits" or "X" outing pits")
Actualy only one driver watch this message.

Yeah, just tested. Seems to be private msg only to player that actually enters/leaves pitlane. Nothing can be done about it.
Well, maybe with some advanced stuff to watch positions of car on every possible track .

some changes that will be in new version:

# Global variables, that can be used in any action:
# {ShortTime} - Local time of server in short form
# {LongTime} - Local time of server in long form
# {ShortDate} - Local date of server in short form
# {LongDate} - Local date of server in long form
# {ShortTrackName} - Current track name in short form
#
# Symbol replacements:
# {colon} - symbol ':'
# {at} - symbol '@'
# {vbar} - symbol '|'

# Actions to execute when player resets car.
# If more actions, separate them with '|'.
# Possible variables to use:
# {Nickname} - Nickname of driver
# {Username} - Username of driver
# doesnt work yet
#ResetCarAction = /msg {Nickname}^8 resets car!

# Actions to execute when player teleports to pits by options or SHIFT+S.

EnterPitAction = /msg {Nickname}^8 teleported to pits !

# Actions to execute when player spectates or disconnects (leaves race).

LeaveRaceAction = /msg {Nickname}^8 leaves race !

Another 1 more time....Great Job Monky.
I think i'll turn soon amorous to you baby

[Edit] Dates & times works fine after firsts tests, but not "ShortTrackName" function.
I miss something to can use ?

ScheduledAction =
0 0 0 * * * |/rcm Midnight warning to all working men!:/rcm_all|
0 0 0 1 1 * |/rcm Happy New Year!:/rcm_all|
0 5 * * * * : 0 20 * * * * : 0 35 * * * * : 0 50 * * * * |/rcm ^6Type !help after leaving garage only!:/rcm_all|
0 0 * * * * : 0 15 * * * * : 0 30 * * * * : 0 45 * * * * |/msg {ShortrackName}-{ShortDate}-{ShortTime}|
0 10 * * * * : 0 25 * * * * : 0 40 * * * * : 0 55 * * * * |/msg {ShortrackName}:/msg {LongDate}:/msg {LongTime}|

Quote from gwendoline :
[Edit] Dates & times works fine after firsts tests, but not "ShortTrackName" function.
I miss something to can use ?

{ShortrackName}:/msg {LongDate}:/msg {LongTime}|

Should be ShortTrackName, not ShortrackName .
Whoopsie...my bad
Please accept my deeper excuz Professor.
race start message doesn't work
Monk..

I just updated to 3.2 on my S2 server and the race start message no longer works...
RaceStartAction = /rcm ^3Race clean please, good luck all !|/rcm_all

everything else seems to work fine. ** EDIT - Found the problem, answer below **

Also, another feature request if it's possible ?????

Anti-Spam Feature ?

I think the lapper already reads the nicknames of the people that type in the chat window, is it possible to add a feature along the lines of...

if {username} chats X times in X seconds then /msg DO NOT SPAM|/kick {username}

or better still

if time since last chat text < X seconds then

if next chat line {username} = the previous chat line {username} then set 'spamcount variable' = 'spamcount variable' + 1

if 'spamcount variable' = 5 then /msg DO NOT SPAM|/kick {username} set 'spamcount variable' = 0

else set 'spamcount variable' to 0

or something like that...

Is that possible ?? pretty please with cherries on ????
Hi Evo
Maybe try to update your demo server with latest version of lapper.
I think your version on demo dont accept new tabulation system used by last lapper version on cfg file...your cfg have look for lapper3.2 not for lapper 3.1.
I watch more deep your file this morning to answer report as soon as possible then i can.
Quote from gwendoline :Hi Evo
Maybe try to update your demo server with latest version of lapper.
I think your version on demo dont accept new tabulation system used by last lapper version on cfg file...your cfg have look for lapper3.2 not for lapper 3.1.
I watch more deep your file this morning to answer report as soon as possible then i can.

Merci for your reply, my demo server still has 3.1 and that works ok, I do not want to update to 3.2 until I can get a config file for 3.2 that works.

My S2 server was on 2.9, but I update it to 3.2 and I redo the config, but now the ./racestart does not work, everything else seems to work ok.

I only see this problem since 3.2, I have a very complex lapper config for my demo server and I have been using the lapper since version 2.0 and I have not had this problem before.

If I put in the default conig that comes with lapper, /racestart work ok.

If I cut and paste the lines from the default config in to my config, they do not work.

I have looked for extra 'tabs' and things, but I can't find anything wrong, Im stuck.
Ok, after many hours of taking a default config file, and making one change at a time, I have finally found the reason for the /racestart message not working in my 3.2 config.
If you delete this line :-
ScheduledAction =
0 0 0 1 1 * |/rcm Happy New Year!:/rcm_all

or you try and hash it out with # like this
#ScheduledAction =
0 0 0 1 1 * |/rcm Happy New Year!:/rcm_all

or this
#ScheduledAction =
# 0 0 0 * * * |/rcm Midnight warning to all working men!:/rcm_all|
# 0 0 0 1 1 * |/rcm Happy New Year!:/rcm_all

or this
#ScheduledAction = 0 0 0 * * * |/rcm Midnight warning to all working men!:/rcm_all| 0 0 0 1 1 * |/rcm Happy New Year!:/rcm_all

Then the race start message will no longer work in v3.2 or the newer exe available for download from this thread, basically you MUST have a ScheduledAction command of some kind, active in the config, or you don't get a race start message.

I have not noticed this problem on my demo server as I do use scheduled actions there, but I have no need for them on my S2 server.

This behaviour is not present in version 2.9 so it's appeared since that version.

Is this a new design feature ? or a bug ?
Same problem when you erase all this lines to your cfg file ?

I had a same problem when trying add "#" before a line on "automessagesprivateaction" to desactive only this line in middle of the others lines. Script can't read all lines down.

Erase complete unused lines is beter than add # before some lines on cfg.
Sorry mods for semi-bumping this thread but...

A) If you haven't twigged it, it's server side. So I assume you are installing it on a server.
B) InSim needs to be set to the right port.

Monk, would it be possible to have a yellow or blue flag detector? Or also (probably easier to implement) a penalty counter i.e. 2 drive through penalties ===> kick.
Quote from duke_toaster :
A) If you haven't twigged it, it's server side. So I assume you are installing it on a server.
B) InSim needs to be set to the right port.

It should work on single player games too. And he can always make a server even if it's not accessible to anyone else.

Quote from duke_toaster :
Monk, would it be possible to have a yellow or blue flag detector? Or also (probably easier to implement) a penalty counter i.e. 2 drive through penalties ===> kick.

The second one is easy to do, I think. I will check and add it...
Quote from MonkOnHotTinRoof :The second one is easy to do, I think. I will check and add it...

Thanks This would make it so much easier in MLTR due to the 2 drive thrus (yellow cards) = disqualification (red card). I doubt flag detection would be easy .
Could someone tell me the programs i need to run this, aswell on how to set it all up . Thanks, the readme is abit confusing..
Quote from aoun :Could someone tell me the programs i need to run this, aswell on how to set it all up . Thanks, the readme is abit confusing..

Assuming you have Windows, .NET framework and LFS installed, LFSLapper extracted:
  1. Start LFS. Type /insim 29999 in talk window. Shift+F4 to go to window mode.
  2. Start NETStartDefault.bat
  3. If in LFS you get message in red about wrong password, open LFSLapper.cfg and edit Password line, close Console window and goto step 2.
  4. If everything is OK, you will get message about version in both consoles. Now you can go full screen again (press Shift+F4 in LFS window).
Procedure can be a bit different if running dedicated server/and/or/Linux...

Hmm, I really need to write graphical tutorial about starting LFSLapper . Wrote 4 different options how to start it, but it seems people are even more confused now .
Still having some problems. Its all fine til "If in LFS you get message in red about wrong password". I change the password line and all that. But nothing happens. in the CMD, it says the PB.txt and the driftPB.txt files does not exist yet.

On LFS, it says first line admin password does not match, ive matched them up. 2nd line it says packet recieved before ISI packet.

Sorry for the bother..

LFSLapper - Another Insim Mod
(616 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG