The online racing simulator
ok so i think i've figured it out
the new audi tt looks like .. an audi SUV vent, ford focus headlights, and the rest of it is a mix of a TT similar shape.. and the mitsubishi eclipse with the eclipse rear

Nice work. :up:

If only your critique of other renders was as good as your modelling... (no offence intended, merely a personal observation)
i wish so too tristan lol

eventually i will work on it enough, i just dont know what to do to make it more realistic, thats the problem really.. i have no idea whats wrong with them (i know they dont look real, i just cant figure out whats not right with them)
removed those 5 omni lights and just tested with a single vray light to see how it came out and... it actually looks really nice (but.. of course this is deffinetly not outdoor type lighting at all or anything really, but it did come out nice looking imo)

Damn i'm too late. Knew it's a TT too. The obvious Audi Nuvlari grill and the lights that don't fit any A model. The new TT then!
copy and paste from 2 other 3d forums i vist (im to lazy lol)

i know its been a while, senior year for me has been a b*tch.. seriously, lol its been my hardest year this whole time, taking enough hard classes, but.. its been a boring weekend, alot of people are out of town or just plain out and i have no idea where they are lol, but anyways.. i just did a tiny bit of work on it, loosing my hobby of modeling i believe heh, anyways, heres a new scene render and an HDRI test

its been a while yes, i've done some stuff, but i just did a few render tests this morning and i personally think that they are really cool looking

Its looking Good Man.
2 more
next time i'll get a closer shot of the taillights

the tail lights are horrible...

This is how they should look

EDIT: also the rear fender flare doesnt curve enough by the bumper.
Quote from Roadie :the tail lights are horrible...

Is that some kind of edited pic? What's that second "antenna" hoovering over the car?
Quote from Roadie :the tail lights are horrible...

excuse me for not being done? illepall

which part do you mean exactly, the whole section around the rear that flares out to the rear section of the fender flare?
I guess he means the higher contrast... thats just a material thingie ant not important before you COMPLETE the modelling

Quote from XCNuse :excuse me for not being done? illepall

which part do you mean exactly, the whole section around the rear that flares out to the rear section of the fender flare?

So thats the response when you get some criticism thrown your way

Personally I dont think the first 3 look very good, there are hideous join lines etc.
nah, roadhog and i know each other, which.. first 3 are you talking about?
if you mean the first 3 of those past renders with the 2 omnis, oh i know, that was just a test, they would be scanline renders but i just used vray to render them so.. no need to worry about those
Quote from Hyperactive :Is that some kind of edited pic? What's that second "antenna" hoovering over the car?

Side and rims are Photoshop work...rear seems real
owell.. here are some new renders (glass isn't at its best, but the rest is lookin good though i think)

modeling is nice, but renders need some work
first of all make them brighter so we can see the car better
second, that paint looks like plastic
yea the paint is not really grey, but also not really silver (higher specular)
I gues lit looks a bit like playtic because there is nothing that could be reflected, thus the falloff in the reflection isnt visible.

exhaust shouldt reflect that much in the inside

front lights are very cool
ya the exhaust i was like.. owell **** it lol after i saw it, right now its just a mirror material, and so.. that and plus im using 2 omnis for lighting, so that is also why there isn't much shadowing to it

but ya, the scene has literally nothing in it, its a 180degree half pipe, with a white plane over it.. so
its really supposed to look like car scenes, i guess i did increase the specular a little to much though
similar to this:
http://www.dieselstation.com/w ... aturn-Sky-Concept-007.jpg
but from that, i guess i will brighten up the ground more (i made it black just to give that much more contrast between the car and the environment
maybe about half of the specular and i'd say its ready to go for that scene (and brighten it some obviously)

and anyone thats about to critique the glass, dont worry at all about it, the interior isn't complete so there isn't much point of really even seeing inside the car at this stage lol
Wow, everytime I come to this thread I leave it astonished with your modelling skills man

Are you part of any modding group or something? I'm sure the Simracing scene would be very favoured with those skills.

Keep that good work
Well its highpoly modelling and does of course look better than lowpoly models like in LFS, but you cant really use them ingame

btw XCN, I cant open that link (forbidden)
really? its a wallpaper of the saturn sky at dieselstation
see if i can find one through google..
http://www.motoweb.pl/tapety/p ... al/saturn_sky_2007_3d.jpg

while highpoly modeling has advantages of looking good at times; low poly modeling can look just as good at times too; i've seen plenty of low poly models which once rendered.. you would'nt even know that its low poly
ei: a modded S2000 shown at CGcars:
http://unsteady-teddy.co.uk/3d/Honda/s2000/s2000wip11.jpg
unsmoothed: http://unsteady-teddy.co.uk/3d/Honda/s2000/s2000wip09.jpg
Maybe in 5 or 6 years we can use those high poly models (I dream of)

But nowadays using normal maps you can get incredible good looking lowpoly models. Take Netkar as an example, it looks really good!!!

I know there is a lot of people that doesn't like eyecnady, but I dream of normal maps in LFS
nice s2000, but its a different sort of polycount than in LFS

Quote from Eldanor :I know there is a lot of people that doesn't like eyecnady, but I dream of normal maps in LFS

Do you want eyecandy, or plastic crap?

A.Nuse's thread of 3d things
(530 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG