The online racing simulator
great.. even more bad news..
i planned on taking pictures today but bobby was going bike riding or something.. so i couldn't take pictures, so he said monday because the car is going in next week, and it turns out my moms dad just died last night, so that means im leaving monday and comming back on tuesday, so i wont get to take any pictures, and then i get to take 4 exams in 2 days... all 4 of which are the worst 4 to put together; british literature, physics, then government and spanish
Condolations.

The model isn't as important as this stuff, and I don't think there is any pressure on you finishing it fast. Couldn't you ask your friend to take the pictures for you? Tell him what exactly you need? Might help you a little bit.
You'll be pleased to know that British Physics are pretty much the same as yours , and just inverted from those south of the equator, so no worries there. Government could be tricky, as your country hasn't got a good example right now. The spanish could be fun - just think about the women British Literature could be this forum (hosted in England) or Shakespeare. I know which I'd rather have to analyse :P

Oh, and sorry about your granddad. Hope you're all okay.
lol i dont know, bobby never seems to be interest in taking pictures so i doubt he will, i dont even think he has a camera really

im not worried about finishing it, im just worried about pictures now because of time limitations, i found his cell number so im probably going to call him later tonight and go up to his house tomorrow or something, i'll figure something out

lol tristan.. nice, actually government im not worried really because i've done quiet well, and i have to say my teacher for government is the best i think i have ever had, dont think i have ever learned as much and as well as i have with her
spanish is going to suck, im not doing the greatest in that class and i really need to get atleast a B on it; i want an A, but i know that that really wont happen but.. we'll see

as for the lit. its from Beowulf to The Pilgrim's Progress
everything about them including history and theme.. and well.. everything we all hate on a test

i love the bah humbug lol i dont know why its so funny here, but it just plain is, something came up i dont remember when and our class has been saying it as a joke its so funny (yall probably think we're weird lol)
Quote from XCNuse :okay here we go; did a few more hours worth of work this afternoon, and this is what i've come up with

lets see if i can remember what all i've done:
top grille; made that polys instead of an alpha layer
hood 'bump' i raised a bit because it looked almost flat
fixed those air inlets under the bumper.. and the bumper itself to work with the ducts
fixed a few things on the splitter
headlights (obviously) as for the turning signal.. i wish i knew why its doing that, but whenever... i'll try to fix that..

and i think thats it; here it is

You're forgetting the hood buldge
When was that posted?

And it says: "the hood bump raised"
oh my god why did you quote something back last year?? thats the M3 lol, that car is such a mess i wont even think about going back to it (not that file atleast)

anyways,
how about a christmas eve present?

i figured you all would like one, i haven't updated in a while anyway

not to to much work has been done, i was gone almost the whole week last week for my mom's dad's funeral, died at age 95, missed all of my exams so i get to take those in january, can't wait.. yess

anyways heres a small progress shot
Quote from XCNuse :oh my god why did you quote something back last year?? thats the M3 lol, that car is such a mess i wont even think about going back to it (not that file atleast)

anyways,
how about a christmas eve present?

i figured you all would like one, i haven't updated in a while anyway

not to to much work has been done, i was gone almost the whole week last week for my mom's dad's funeral, died at age 95, missed all of my exams so i get to take those in january, can't wait.. yess

anyways heres a small progress shot
http://i15.photobucket.com/alb ... he%20Boxster/e96a0aa1.jpg

Porsche Boxster??
been working on it for a few months now yes lol

its a '99 porsche boxster
What's gna happen with it then? isit gna replace an interior or is it for something else!?! lol i have to admit i haven't really read much of the thread
no need to read, pictures speak for themselves
Quote from XCNuse :no need to read, pictures speak for themselves

Well, it looks bloody great!
incase people have never worked with it, besides that this is an update, this is also what it looks like while i work on it (alot of the details you can't see because it is taken from a distance away but.. this is just an overview of progress)

Awesome modelling. I can't model to save my life but renders are fun hehe. Should turn on AA
you can't

no need for AA when your modeling, only have to worry about it when you render; like i said, those are just screen grabs during modeling
not going to show you guys everything, but instead just this one (since i know you guys just like more artsy pictures, plus i dont get any criticism here so i dont need to show the others )
anyways, here is a very cool edit i did of the first picture (for some reason it really reminds me of that picture of the 911 at the beginning of Gone in 60 Seconds)

very cool nonetheless
looks good, but the fenders need work.
if you would write a job application, would you say that you can use 3dsmax or something else?
btw only when you would apply yourself in this kind of job..

i would!
Quote from Roadie :looks good, but the fenders need work.

how and where, be more specific roadhog

edit- nevermind we solved it out over msn
how about a time for a.. different type of scene aye?

its slightly different from everything else i made, and its the first.. (the city was a totally random project that was never going to happen lol) outdoor.. er.. slightly indoor scene i've ever made, and its something real rather than a photo shoot scene, so.. here it is, the Hangar (no one else has seen this yet)
started it around lunchtime this morning, and this is 6 hours into it
i stopped with that hangar because i decided it was way to large, and well.. mainly for lighting issues (i wante more natural light rather than .. lights from above probably giving a weird effect)

so.. from those that enjoy warrock like i have the past few days, i've decided to make a hangar based off of the ones in that game (great hangars at that too, great asymetrical design).. even ingame they dont look cheaply done so its a great hangar to work with:

this is for a quick "minichallenge" at sektor 41 (modeling forum), and there is a header competition, so im using my favorite picure i ever have taken, the forum is 99% grey and with white text well... www.sektor41.com to get the idea of it, which header do you guys like the most?

standard:

increased contrast:

B&W:

B&W "black on black" with black text
IMO 3rd one - B&W
I think I like the last one best. That link isn't working, but if the forum is mainly grey then that tiny red section will stand out, without drawing people's eye away from the actual content.
The black outline on the title is also legible against the car background, which is important.

I like the increased contrast one too, but it'd be very bright against a plain black and white forum.

Very nice work though

A.Nuse's thread of 3d things
(530 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG