The online racing simulator
not much, its on hold

heres an update on the lola though, its pretty much done i'm just waiting for my client to tell me how to do the paint job

(and yes i know the dirt map isn't all that great.. but.. whatever, its not suppose to be there really anyway, i'm just trying to learn a bunch of things while i can with this)

right now i'm figureing out how to do texture baking, which.. might actually get me another client so.. this should be interesting, (after doing a test, i'm in love with what texture baking can do [you may say hell its just a texture, but.. its still cool])
Texture baking is good, especially when you try to do animations. For example the background elements and the GI of the scene etc.. It saves alot of time. The other thing you may like to use is Ambient Occlusion, It is kind of like fake GI.
well... i spent about 4 hours on this, it took forever! i know.. it wasn't fun

but hey, how many people can say they have a nice working suspension rig such as this

and of course its not keyframed!
its bones and look constraints, values can change if i wanted to make it mathmatically correct, but i'd say its pretty close to where i wanted it to be

pretty impressive i'd say (especially for having no idea how to do this, and no tutorials around to help)

I always wondered:

I am the only one who noticed his nickname sounds like X-Anus
I'd like to see that model in motion!

And I always read it as: exknuse
lol, technically speaking the XC are seperate, and the rest is my name

there is one thing i need to fix on the model though, i need to fix something so that the wheel will get positive camber when it goes up; whereas now, you can see there is a fair amount of additional negative camber when the wheel is lower
Have a look at real life wishbone suspension, and make yours with unequal length top and bottom. Usually the top one is shorter.

You need to ensure that as the body rolls that the tyre stays slightly negatively cambered, and that in bump you don't get track changes or (if you model it) steering changes (bump steer).

You have equal length wishbones, albeit with the pivots at the hub end not in quite the same plane (vertically), so you will end up with positive camber like that.

Just remember that moving your wheel up and down is simulating bump and not roll, so be careful what you read from it.
Heres a change for once, my new found interest, motorcycles.

This is about 2 weeks' worth of work (thats through exams, so its understandable). Also its not like you can go out and find blueprints for motorcycles, I'm only using a side image for basic references, but really I shouldn't be using it at all because it has perspective.

And here is a lighting test on the scene I'm going to put it in. (Don't mind the crappy model for GTAVC.. I know it sucks, and I'm glad its not mine )

My dad has about 8 motorcycles, including a ducati Mike Hailwood replica: http://www.tamiya.com/english/ ... ist/12bike_img/14019m.jpg
It is somewhat surprising to me how long it took for me to actually get into motorcycles, but I think it was a project in Economics class that started this trend for me.
Owell... I hate to say it, but I have started planning on actually buying this motorcycle to, its a 2005 GSX R600. Dad says I can't get a bike until I'm 25, so I'm waiting until then and I will get one, or at least sometime in my mid twenties.
Nuse, may i be so rude to make a request?
If so, send me a PM

Frenchy
Looks awsome
-
(ramtech) DELETED by ramtech : .
No worries guys, I'm still working on this, I don't have much time really to spare to work on this, I've been busy not being home that much, but I'm still making progress.

Slow but sure progress.
Oh thank god..
I was in such a worry!
Oh right, I forgot I skinned it last night, I showed it to a friend, but here it is with the GSXR paint on it, colors still aren't right (might be the scene), anyways here it is.
Looking good

But what's with the aliased line on the exhaust there?
Quote from pb32000 :Looking good

But what's with the aliased line on the exhaust there?

New Vray tends to do that, if the reflection is over bright or too contrasted or the samples are too low.
XCNuse - one thing I've been meaning to ask:

The way you make your body panels as seperate parts with the very thin gaps between each panel - you you eventually fill this gap with extruded down polygons or do you just leave it as a gap and let the natural shadow under each panel create the black lines of the joins?

If that made sense..
It's an open gap. The only time (besides when I was first beginning) it has been ONLY an open gap was the Lola Sports 2000, but the rest are open, but they are like they are on a real car.
Which is usually why I don't finish because I don't know how to do something specific and it just bugs me enough not to continue but move on.

Can't wait to start doing stuff with this laptop, I've already put 3dsmax on it, and this thing is fast!
This render wasnt really made for the purpose of rendering, but I thought I might share it with you anyway.

It is a render of the DUT07, the 2007 Formula Student (UK version of FSAE) car from my universities team (Delft University of Technology). It was presented to the public yesterday (if you want to compare the render to the real thing, go to the website (you will be stunned )). The render was made in CATIA v5. The complete car is modelled in CATIA, even all the bolts and wires are in there.

http://www.dutracing.nl/images/render_gradient.png
Nice model, but that's a pretty damn big airbrake around the driver's helmet isn't it?
The firewall is a bit smaller on the real car, but it is required by the rules, so there isnt much we can do about it.

XCNuse: The image is 7 pixels less wide and 100kb smaller than your picture.
Talked some with Phonso, and started back again on my GSXR, it has a way to go, but finally I'm making my way into the internals which should be more of something I'm interested in, just having a hard time finding some part pictures .

Anyone here have a GSXR600 from 2004-2005?
(btw, still not sure what that is sticking out of the tail, so don't worry about it)
Anything new?
Sorry guys for the so few updates, I've been busy at college this whole time.

Not much is done from what is visible in the last post of the GSXR, except the beginnings of the chassis and some small parts.

Thinking about what car I should work on next though.
I was thinking last night about working on an engine too or something mechanical, if anyone has any suggestions, they are very welcome.
How about doing an LS1 or LS2 V8 engine that would be sweet

A.Nuse's thread of 3d things
(530 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG