The online racing simulator
High guyz,

nice to post here again.
Great Nuse.
I like the scaglietti. And it's nice and clean. Maybe some crits later on about balancing spaces between some verts (front, fender). When i get to start up photoshop..

and what version of vray do u use? Is it VraySun, i see?

Wanna see this one finished, please. with fancy intirior.
last ones are just using omnis and just.. non vray lights, the white scaglietti has vray lights on it, 2 i believe
here u go, i'm real picky...
Attached images
scaglietti.jpg
lol did you happen to read what i said about the front end and the entire back?
lol , sry might have missed somethin, was pretty late last night
tell you what... these render times are absolutely sucking lol

anyways, im working on something upon my dad's request, a car that.. i believe we own somewhere, but i haven't seen it, or atleast we own one of the same time

im sure everyone can guess as to what it is, year wise though it is '69 (white for those that think they know )

(hey my dad wanted me to make it.. what can i do lol, im not just gonna say 'no')
plus i love this car enough anyways
unfortunately.. even LESS pictures exist haha, owell i can deal, a fair amount may land up being improvised though
still working out a few kinks... its quite a hard shape i must say
wow... if i knew what i was getting into lol

i knew it would be hard but.. its not really hard, but a sense of pain in the ass trying to get it all to work out smoothly, im having a TON of problems with the front lower section (and including the side signals)
..wow
surely this is interesting to someone aye?

once again i say.. PAIN IN THE ROYAL BUTT!!!

has some bad noise and some strange artifacts, not sure what caused them, i'll have to look into it.. but yea heres a scene render
hey ive just been skimming through here and i ve seen some interesting stuff i think you should consider using xna studios to make a racing game or something heres the link i heard that its a lot easier than it sed to be http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/xna/aa937781.aspx
Ah, Nuse finally found a car that takes some skill to model... Maybe you will finish this one?

EDIT: the artifacts in the render are caused by poor light setup and poor render settings. :P
well i mean i dont know if its because of the lights or the settings, owell

yea i probably will, i doubt i'll do the interior as i've said, finding references is no easy task once again; but im sure my dad will push me to finish this one up

progress is just slower than a turtle in maple syrup
That looks to be coming along nicely Nuse.
nice setup!... But 18 minutes to render that lol. you need a new pc.
well thats a lot of raytracing, a lot of shadow surface...

nuse, those strange artifacts there in the first link look like interference problem to me, have you tried increasing the amount of rays (dunno how to do that in vray )
Hmm the little work I've done in vray suggest increasing subdivisions to get rid of noise, thogh render times incrase 4x when doubling the subdivs, but the renders look much much better. 8 hours is already a long time hehe
Usually such problems occur when u have 2 surfaces interfencing (like 2 perfectly alligned ground planes) or when the normals arent right..
in the midst of multiple projects.. uh.. maybe i wont get .. as .. bored

i'm also making my first car without real blueprints!
(and yes, i have done a car without any blueprints before.. but that was a concept car )

making a Sky, a subaru, the corvette and .. well.. this (another subaru):

dont mind the time and all.. i need to fix the settings for that scene, they got really messed up and now it takes forever to render and i get weird .. well you can see them
Oh Nuse, will you ever finish a car Great models though but the wide bulge on the front fender is a bit long and too pronounced towards the back.

I've tried and failed and just get frustrated at how slowly it all progresses. I just stick to rendering.
lol i wish i could render, i think thats the main reason as to why i haven't finished anything because i can't render for crap..

i think what you're seeing though is just how the lighting is, i guess i didn't center the car to the scene

or.. dunno, i'm having problems with the rear, the blueprints are so low quality its just.. not easy to work with, but yea i'll have to fix that up
Rendering is easy dude, especially with vray when there;'s so many good materials to be found for free. ALso good tute's on studio setups for scenes and diffferent lighting setups.

Nah the scene is correct, just the bulge is a little big and too long, it doesn't get that close to the headlight or door and towards the door it doesn't extrude as much, there's a much smoother transition in that area. Mum's got one in the garage, although it's the older model it's pretty much the same shape
oh you're talking about the older one, this new one goes from headlight to door, all the way

http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/07/imprezawrxsti06_02.jpg

something about the render, maybe the model itself makes it look overly pronounced though, it comes out to far i think

owell.. time for bed, school in the morning
(yess spring break next week!!!!)
ahh you're right the newer one is different. maybe it is just the angle or something that makes it look too wide.
thread almost made it to page 2 gotta save it

no one else is giving updates (lol we're being so bad at this)
so i figured i will, i started this project over a year ago and i just got back into it for some random reason, i think its because i just love this car beyond belief, its just so wild and out there.. and i want one lol

Five Axis xB
Pioneer DJ platform

closeup of the speakers:
http://i15.photobucket.com/alb ... %20Axis%20xB/a7952c39.jpg

i went for a sunset render to bring the most out of the orange paint
(just quick renders anyway)

i think i'm gonna go for a big city underground theme for the final renders which.. i can do, i just.. need to lol
well i just finished the 2nd current project i have been working on

i can't show it really though due to what it is until i get the "okay" due to its classification, but i will say it is a bus with a purpose, but it will be released to the public .. i believe sometime within this week by a college class to a county in Georgia

basically what it was, is a class project which would be givin 1 million dollars to spend, and what they would do for it, i wont give out many details because i dont know how much i'm supposed to classify this (if at all) but.. whatever, you guys might get to see it soon

...now back to my xB

and one note i have to say, low poly seems to hurt my computer more than turbosmoothed objects with isoline display on, and the viewports showing edges

actually i might as well give a progress report on this xB while i'm at it
so far: door speakers are 100% completed
interior subwoofers are completed
sub boxes are done
amps are done
capacitors are about 60% done
2 of the 3 front grills are done
external body is done
turntable is 50% done
oh, and the moving rear tray is done

A.Nuse's thread of 3d things
(530 posts, started )