The online racing simulator
nice skills nuse!
GREAT NEWS GUYS!

i was thinking this morning as to what it is that makes a file corrupt (ok not really that indepth) but i think i figured out how to resurect my Skyline back to life and possibly work on it again

obviously i can't do it right now cause i have to go to school, but i'll try once i get home yay.. so excited cause i know alot of you guys liked that project
well i somewhat got the skyline working, the mesh is .. okay .. owell, anyways im redoing the mesh on the 4runner currently

when modeling.. looks isn't what matters, its how clean the wires are, and your control over them.. heres the wire to show what i mean
original crap wire:

and now this is the cleaned up front and front quarter panel wire (okay mesh, not perfect but.. learned a few things so this is what it takes to have a "good" model)
Incredible work.

I've hardly a clue about modelling- what kind of references do you use to construct the models? Photos, wireframe/blueprints, photographic memory?? All of the above? More?

Really nice stuff...
blueprints may be helpfull, with the 4runner the blueprints are absolute crap so.. they only give me the basic positions of things; photos.. gotta have those, find some wallpaper websites like dieselstation or rsportscars (obviously they only have smaller sports cars) so finding pictures of a car like this is an arduous task; even google has not so many pictures of this car, and majority are small, i have found all the major ones i need, and for even more photos i went to cardomain.com and found some good detail reference pictures there

and im still trying to find someone that owns this car so i can take pictures of what i need
Yeah pretty good work.
Didnt wanna say too much but its cool. I see ur really into modeling now.

And yeah for better quality models u need more mesh. I hear those people sayin that its best to not make more then u need. But how much is enough?!!
I think it just depends on the artist(modeler). When it seems right to your eyes then its enough i guess. But u could always be wrong fcourse, and thats when u need more practise i guess. Anywayz great job, but when u need more detail dont hasitate to add it. As long as ur comp can handle it...

And low poly modeling is just for gaming, as it has been for ages. I really hope that someday soon tho well get more playroom for gamedesigns.

maybe i should render some of my lfs work aswell. Dunno where to post it tho. And damn i really dont feel like waiting for ages. My comp is pretty much always busy with somekind of task other then rendering.
if its just LFS stuff then you can just post it in the random LFS renders thread
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=104

or you can make your own (like mine) thread if its just random stuff

as for mesh, an extremely good modeler i know (who actually was just asked by rockstar games to model for them) who goes by the name "shaddix" (his website here: http://www.theshaddix.com/
the best advice he's given me is to use meshsmooth (isoline display off), and try to get all the polys as even as possible so.. ya hope that helps lol, at first he just said use meshsmooth to help you but.. it wasn't until about a day of thinking about it that i discovered what he meant

if you want to get into high poly modeling though, you should sign up at shaddix's forum http://www.sektor-41.com/
unlike most other forums like cgcars, you'll actually get some helpful criticism rather than "oooh that looks good"
i know you guys only care about renders so.. here are 2 clays of the model as of now

(i love this render; would make a really cool picture)
I want to learn 3d!!

Really, really nice stuff
random update.. been a while so..

see this is where the fun part comes in... seeing how big and brutal i can make it

I'd start by losing the pink tyres!
lol your not the only person that has said that.. so heres a render
just a little heads up, im temporarily holding off the 4runner project due to a request from a friend of mine

sports car.. ahh yes and its german, a porsche boxster, and the greatest part is.. he drives one! no.. hes not a snobby rich kid, its his dad's '99 boxster which he drives to school since his diesel jetta is.. well i'll just say its not capable of stopping right now lol, but ya im going to start on that tonight i guess; the greatest part is that i dont have to worry about reference pictures, because i can take all that i need

plus i need a little vacation from the 4runner project because im getting literally no criciticism on it nor are many people liking it lol.. go figure, i think once i'll continue work on it though so i can get it to a presentable state and people will understand where i'm going with it
XCNuse, that boxster will be nice...deem, already waiting for renders
heres the splines i'll be working off of (gonna use a new technique to ensure quality and smoothness

Are you using some sort of tutorial? If yes, please share
Might be good read for general know-how
nope.. lol you know i've never used a tutorial (or atleast never used a tutorial with something directly)

just going to use spline surface for snapping (that way it will be a perfectly clean mesh)
Hi XCnuse. I have done a bit of spline modelling myself, im curious though. To me it seems that you are doing each panel seperate? Is that right?
Really great stuff btw, i really like the 4x4
im not actually going to be spline modeling, 3dsmax is the WORST spline modeling software out there, im just going to use the splines for snapping to
going to wait for criticism on this, and tomorrow morning im going to get some close ups of the headlights and the parts that i need at this point for the front end
That looks smooth
ahh, it looks so nice.
*dools*
@ XCNuse: How are works going with that city track you made at the beginning?? Would love to see some progress! :-D

A.Nuse's thread of 3d things
(530 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG