The online racing simulator
A reynard
What, yours?
Still have those images lol?

I'm up for that.
www.reynard883.com/gallery

Lots on there, and higher res ones can be supplied of the ones you think most useful. Photos can also be taken on request too, of any part of the car. Including interior, engine, suspension, livery and shapes. Dimensions too, if you want them. But I don't know where to start, so I don't know what you'd want. Ask, and I can supply (probably, unless it's difficult).

Once you've made it, I'll pay Scawen to put it in LFS*

*I would, but I doubt they'd be interested in an old single seater that is quite close to the FBMW anyway...
lol Alright, thanks Tristan I'll probably start working on some random part of it tonight if this forum ever slows down!
Been slightly busy (100% more so than last semester) with 3d so far, and I have recently been working on my five axis xB recently and came up with these renders.

(slightly photo edited)

Also, yes the doors close in with working actuators, and the rear door and all folds up and slides inwards like it should.
I did have a video of it, but the quicktime codec on my laptop apparently sucks and looked horrible, so.. just wait and maybe when I find a good codec that works I'll upload the video so you guys can watch it all fold up like it should

yes these are big images I noticed
photoshoped:

non photoshoped:

Love them, I am intrested in doing things like this where do i get programs and where can i learn to do this stuff!
Quote from greg_slideways :Love them, I am intrested in doing things like this where do i get programs and where can i learn to do this stuff!

If you were that interested you'd search the whole of the Render section.

Nuse, that has come along very nicely. I remember the renders in it's early stages.
There was supposed to be a hot chick that came with the xB. I want to see her!
looks nice! how did you do that much of blur without photoshop?
Using the depth of field camera options.
ah, thanks
Rained all day (literally) today and so all I made was progress, this however is not progress, this is just what was thought of in the past half hour.

Decided to put the xB in my Z4 light scene just to see how it looks, and I quite like it.
same techniques in photoshopping from others are same here.
increased satuartion and a linear cross process.
It's been a long long time since I posted in here!

Anyways, in light of me getting a new car, about two months back or so I started working on a Mazdaspeed 3

It has taken a lot of progress on, but.. again I probably won't finish this either as to the answer.. what's the point of finishing it.. then what?

Anyways, here it is, growing process of the Speed 3
(I wanted the dark silver 3, but instead a godsend showed up at my dad's friend's Honda dealership, a white pearl, 5 speed, 3 hatchback.. so I took it, and just made my model a simple white)

Oh GOD!! U kill me man!

AWESOME WORK!!!!!

I have that car too. But was not made by me. Isn´t a good render but I show the car.
Attached images
Mazda3.jpg
Nice to see you here again. Sorry to start with a critisism - but none of your models ever have filled shutlines, so you can see in one edge and out of another. It kills the image, and no matter how crazy good your modelling is (and it is very good), you images can only be graded 3/10 or so.

Are you back for good, or a bit, or just to post that? And how does that fit with moderator status?
I know its because I never finish the models
I do have a render, one that's ready to go but another one that's been going on for .. over 12 hours now, I changed something and it's taking forever, but its.. great renders of an old model

I agree with you 100% though it always does ruin them unfortunately (don't worry, the speed3 that's what I'm working on next though is getting those lines in so.. I usually wait till starting the interior which I just did yesterday, so those door seams etc. will get filled in properly)

I'm not back for good per say, I'm just around ... you could say I guess, as for moderating, I mean I just am one I guess they could release my status as one, but I'm not acting as one since I'm never around anymore etc.

I just don't have the time anymore like I did back in highschool :/
Geez I wish I can model like that.
Old model.. new renders
I tell you what, I opened this up and did some early renders of it and I was wondering why some reflections looked so weird, looked at the mesh.. wtf was I thinking?? that is the WORST .. whatever, anyways lol the wireframe on this car is terrible, but from a distance it is.. okay

Sorry the second one is so noisy, I had one rendering like that which rendered from midnight last night till like 4 today.. yea.. I know.. anyways, it got to starting to render time and it freaking crashed so.. I'm working on a cleaned up one which is going by much faster (no idea what I tweaked to make it go so slow), but this one is very clean and has almost no noise and is sharp, it looks good

Anyways.. shedding new light (literally) on an old subject! as the saying goes

Well I did another one that .. it was smooth, but it had even stranger issues, it started doing blocks..
http://i15.photobucket.com/alb ... 0P4/42-2.jpg?t=1245212933

It too has a fair amount of noise, anyways I took advantage and didn't feel like letting my laptop run overnight again so instead I finally closed out of 3dsmax finally, and opened up photoshop and just made a quick little wallpaper .. kinda?

Unfortunately I didn't realize this until the last render I was about to start that would've taken probably 20 hours to complete.. is when I noticed the goodyear logo on the tires were backwards so I fixed that for later lol oops!

wow XCNuse deep respect there. I know how hard it is to model a car (I made my experiences on a Audi S5 and failed terribly)

Great Job!!!
If you take requests/want a challenge, can you try my avatar? More pics available if you take it up!
depends... what year mini is it lol?
Quote from baSh0r :wow XCNuse deep respect there. I know how hard it is to model a car (I made my experiences on a Audi S5 and failed terribly)

Great Job!!!

Great until my father came up and asked me when the last Le Mans Grand Prix ever was lol, to late now!

Plus I like the words Grand Prix, they're cool

Guess I coulda put 24 Heures like the french.. du mans!

Or I coulda just put the 24 hours of lemons <- funny stuff
Working on an old model I never did anything beyond the hood a few years back.

This time I'm going to do something.. not normal, going low/mid poly with this, no mesh smoothing of any kind.

Also working on what really has needed to be worked on.. lighting, the hardest thing when it comes to 3d is real lighting, modeling is the simple stuff..
But no matter how great a model is, it can always look terrible under the lights

Oh and I figured out why I was getting those blocks on the 412p (330 P4), it was because vray was in bucket mode.

^ same scene as the BMW Z4 model, except the white plate had been moved around and just got lucky it reflected like that

^new light setup, no reflection plate, just soft lights above on a dome, almost makes the car look plasticky, should try a more silvery paint instead of that white

As you can see my low poly modeling.. isn't all to great, which is why i'm doing this, so I can get better!
Kinda like it in red? Looks saucy

Fixed some of the messy areas near the front side vents and near the headlights... apparently have more work on the headlight area, and gotta fix that strange looking reflections on the fenders

A.Nuse's thread of 3d things
(530 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG