The online racing simulator
A.Nuse's thread of 3d things
(530 posts, started )
Okay well.. im making this later than i wanted, but earlier than i wanted also, i really wanted to kick this thread off with a bang with a finished model.. unfortunately i have none of those lol

so heres what im gonna kick this off with; a mockup R8 that i started yesterday, i probably wont do much to this model, just use it more for paints and materials to see how they come out (right now its just a simply mat with a simple falloff reflection..)

when i say mockup i mean it has the basic layout of an R8, but there are a number of differences.. didnt get nearly as far as i wanted yesterday.. but hey.. lol try and model one of these, so many wierd curves, i promise you wont get what you want

but right now im fairly satisfied

P.S. secret project is still comming along nicely, i havent put any mats on it, but im closing in on the finished model
Attached images
4-2.jpg
3-2.jpg
Looks secksy
Love the R8. Have a few pics of last year's ALMS one on my gallery XC

Only thing I see right now is... the headlights and taillights have rounded corners, they really have sharp edges.

EDIT: Oh and the front diffusor/wing doesn't have a gap like that in the front as far as I can see. Unless you are using photos from some completely different R8?
im just messing around with it, its not exactly what you would call an R8, somewhat of a messed around with r8 lol (messed around as in; they had no idea how anything works lol)
ok.. i think i will give you all a preview of the secret project
someone here has the car as his avatar, but no one say what it is!
(not because some of you know what it is.. but i doubt anyone here does know what it will be [in other words; its not what you may think it is ])

what im about to show you is NOT new; this is earliest render i did
(lucky im showing you this lol i really didnt want to show any form of it at all until it was completed, but i think will need some help with it when i start working on it full time to complete (ei: thanksgiving break lol)
obviously cant ask much help with this render as it was done 4 days after i started it (keep in mind i have school and stuff so thats why lol)

[edit]
yes i know there arent any mats as tweak points out lol, i havent put on any mats for several reasons (i havent even still so..) basically to speed up render times
also, if you think you know what it is, just PM me and i will tell you if you are right

[Edit2]
just realised i gave yall the first one without .. something that may help
tweak already got it lol lucky him he wins... absolutely nothing.. oh yes
Attached images
3small.jpg
Quote from XCNuse :ok.. i think i will give you all a preview of the secret project
someone here has the car as his avatar, but no one say what it is!

Hmmm looks to be a new version of Speed Racer's car with a hint of lime and melon flavoring
posted a thread about the car in cgtalk, so i figured i would do it here to get the most amount of help possible, i wont say what it is if you still want to guess about it, just pm me or get me on AIM or MSN and i'll tell you
so far tweak is the only one.. still.. (well.. thats part of the lfs forum atleast lol)
the reason i say its not what you think it is, from the pictures (even these) you may think its something, but once i map it and texture it, then you'll see its not exactly what you think, for this model.. only a 12 were made
(but in all technicallity it is what you may think it is [thus far])

any criticism.. please! for being my technically 'first' model since its actually gotten this far.. i want to make it look as best as possible

so, find anything wrong, please tell me!
(newest to oldest)
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a392/XCNuse/05c681cd.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a392/XCNuse/6d11eef0.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a392/XCNuse/3300cbf7.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a392/XCNuse/1480e4df.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a392/XCNuse/e0f697b4.jpg
Amazing work m8 i cant wait to see the finished one. Keep it up
I thought it looked horrid. Then I remembered firefix reduces the size of images that are large so they fit on the screen. One click of the mouse button, and my jaw hit the floor.

That are seriously good mate! :up:
half year ago I built a R8 for a small contest.
i couldn't finish, because i had not enough time and after the contest i forgot about it^^

this is no raytracing. shadows are buffered and the reflections are environmaps.
i know it has no seat and the rims are kind of funny, but i spent all the time in the shape.
rendered with blender
http://blendpolis.serverpool.org/a/pre_fertig.jpg
Xcnuse, that is beautifal!
-
(XCNuse) DELETED by XCNuse
hey blackvampire, can i get you to take out that picture of yours? please? not only is it a hassle for the 56kers, but this thread is for me only (hence my name and '3d things' title)
got bored :S

i kinda like the 'new ipod' commercial anyway
since i dont have one and there really arent any good pictures of the headphones.. i have no idea what they look like; sister already said they dont look right at all lol.. i dont really care
good enough for me for what i have to work with, looks better with the headphones anyway
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a392/XCNuse/9fe0c4e3.jpg
agreed, pretty boring :S

I mean, I do have 3D renderings in my portfolio which I don't need to be ashame to show, but since they are not LFS related... why the hell would I do it? Sorry.

For example, 1 pic I have finished today:
(the building at the center is virtual, the rest is a photo)
Attached images
Pressburg_Trade_Center_lowres.jpg
why not lol.. never know whos interested...
(obviously if you werent interested you wouldnt be posting here rofl)

anyways.. did someone say i win the award for not finishing all but 1 project i started lol?

heres another.. skyline.. why not lol

[edit] finished the headlights, heres another pic with them
well.. i still have to do the bulb but .. that shouldnt take to long
Attached images
6.jpg
7.jpg
Im always interested in good GFX things
And nice thread :up:
I wish you would finish that car of which you don't want to tell what it is unless we know what it is but is not what we think it is while on the other hand technically it is what we think it is illepall

Anyway, I think it is very well modelled and it would be great to see it finished.

btw: Why don't you head over to www.SMCars.net? There is probably no other place on the internet where you can get more help, inspiration and overall c&c when it comes to car-modelling. But maybe you already know that place?
Quote from RAYfighter :agreed, pretty boring :S

I mean, I do have 3D renderings in my portfolio which I don't need to be ashame to show, but since they are not LFS related... why the hell would I do it? Sorry.

For example, 1 pic I have finished today:
(the building at the center is virtual, the rest is a photo)

That is REALLY cool!
i've been over at cgtalk linsen.. its just i cant get any help with the car.. then again i dont know if anythings wrong with it lol

dunno, i kind of want to finish something worthy before i finish the not so secret project lol.. so i can work on materials and other things i dont know yet

that and im also doing some other behind the scenes work on the other model .. i was hoping on finishing it this week (thanksgiving) since i have no school, but .. other stuff is keeping me from working on it lol
Quote from ORION :Im always interested in good GFX things
And nice thread :up:

Actually me too. That's why I visited this "3d things" thread. Up to the rather simple scene with something like an i-Pod I liked it alot.

XCNuse your skyline looks cool so far. I bet you could teach me many things about freeform surfaces modelling! As you said you might have holes in materials and lighting - I could help, especially with finalRender.
if you want, lol. Keep it up, lol.
heres a small update; i know the door handles are messed up.. and i know the side things.. (whatever you call them) on the spoiler are extremely wide, i havent spent much time on them yet, but .. this is where im at right now with it
Attached images
12.jpg
nice work man!
btw, what program are u using,
and if ur using 3DSMax, what modelling technique are you using?
Thats coming together really nicely. Looks great!
plane modeling in 3dsmax7.. starting to use editable poly now instead of editable mesh
but ya

got need for speed most wanted this morning lol been playing that all day its quite enjoyable
im using Box Polymodeling too, i find it alot better than plane modelling..
im modeling a lamborghini murcielago R-GT now.. we'll c how it will look at the end :P

(530 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG