The online racing simulator
bah i always make the same mistake, the link is www.sektor-41.com

(i think it'll be a battle against the two black and white ones, just.. not sure which it will be)
Couldn't resist an edit.
Attached images
sektor41header2.png
this is what im up against so far: http://img406.imageshack.us/im ... 69/sektor41banner1ts1.jpg
or atleast, thats the best im up against, so its got me pretty uncomfortable about mine because it fits in better than mine (the gforce cuda is a cool car, but i dont have any good pictures, to many damn people standing around!)

someone suggested flames comming out, i think it will look cheesy but will try anyway for a laugh
those 4 headers are absolutly awsome. i saw the most of your renders in this threat and i really have to say that those 4 headers are the best looking img's in here.

if you would add a little bit and save them as 1280x... or 1024x... or 1600x... wallpaper size that would be great. guess i would use one of them.

btw i'd choose the 1st or the 3rd one..
nice work
Quote from XCNuse :this is what im up against so far: http://img406.imageshack.us/im ... 69/sektor41banner1ts1.jpg
or atleast, thats the best im up against, so its got me pretty uncomfortable about mine because it fits in better than mine (the gforce cuda is a cool car, but i dont have any good pictures, to many damn people standing around!)

someone suggested flames comming out, i think it will look cheesy but will try anyway for a laugh

In my opinion, your header is better in terms of composition and colours.
His car and the word 'sektor41' are 2 seperate elements in the header and they are not working together. The model of that car may be excellent, but the composition is not. Your tight cropping into the car makes the whole header more interesting and providing more imaginations of what the whole car may look like.(sometimes less is more)

I have attempted a photoshop edit of your header based on b/w one (hope you don't mind) add a slight blue tint to it. To prevent the image gets to 'cold', I have added a slight wash of the orange on the right. a little work on the words to make it more blend in.

BTW, I don't think flame coming out will work, first you will have to decide to create the flame in 3d or by Photoshop, 3D flame is not easy to look convincingly real especially for a still image. (you may get away in an animation, but a still image is difficult to have a result that you will like. Water and Fire are both very tricky to look good in 3D)
Attached images
sektor_41.jpg
i like that alot actually.. i love it lol, i might do what you did with the text on the final one

sadly im not really getting any commentary, everyone else is cought up in SOAD's (the one of the gallardo)

i personally like it and think it fits in, but i agree on the color, its just.. awkward, and the car has a weird reflection on the door which i really dont like

owell.

how exactly did you do that with the text anyway, i've always wanted to be able to do that but have never been able to achieve it did you just take a dot, and motion blur it?
Here is the PSD file. The speed line is so easy, just do a long stretched rectangle fill with white, then create a layer mask and add black grads on both end. Merge the layer mask, apply a little amount of Gussian blur. Then change the layer's blending mode (in this case I use overlay) and reduce the layer's opacity as you needed.

Press Ctrl-T to scale transform the layer so you can stretch it, or compress it.
Attached files
sektor_41.psd - 1.3 MB - 223 views
god this man cannot be pleased!

so i took your idea, (i actually had to copy the hue layer; i dont think paint shop pro can do that? can it?) nevermind i just found out how

anyways, so i did that, put some smoke and some blur in, copied your lines (hope you dont mind :S)

and this is the response:
"man, this is a nice idea. I like it. The text sektor doesnt look as good. Also, it would be cool to see the whole car with that smoke, not just the rim. And the image needs more tricks to it: it looks too empty right now. Needs more artwork here."

so now im trying to think of what i can do.. because i dont have any further out pictures of this car.. and literally a handfull of pictures even exist of this car so..
i want to do something to the body under the word sektor, but i can't imagine what would look.. right
I have read some comments from the www.sektor-41.com about your header...
Becareful here, don't try to throw in too many effects just because you can or somebody ask you to. Step back a little and re-think if the effects will do harm rather then good to your nicely modelled object.
Superb stuff there XCNuse, very impressive!!!!

H (Jack Bauer)
im double thinking the sektor 41 logo, it doesn't look right, maybe once he puts up a higher resoultion one, because i want to make it look like a pinstripe

i think im going to leave it where it is, i agree, i think any more and it will be to cluttered looking, thats why i got rid of it the last preview.. owell, i'll come up with something

especialy now with the single pixel black dots (look HORRID!) i realy dont want to put it in because it would be waaaay to cluttered, now im trying to get this to work with somewhat of a vignette effect
Were you given a selection of logos that you have to use or can you use any font as long as it says Sektor 41?

Because with the colour scheme in that header (which I really like BTW), some kind of branded logo would look good. You know the irons they use for marking cattle? As if it had been burnt onto the car between the wheen arch and door.
You could even have some flaking paint round the edge of it for extra realism

Just a thought.
ok no more, this is the final version of it
(... ugly dark lines, my carbon looked so much better...edit... therefore im keeping some lol)

i know he wanted the logo in there somewhere, so i made it somewhat discreet, i figured if i was going to do the pinstripe, it would have to be 100% visible and be .. visible, and that would be to cluttered

@dajmin, we could use any font we want, we were just given 2 logos, and the hideous black dots overlay, as for font, i went with this because it says racy and modern, so i stuck with it (if you look back you can see it did have a crinkled/beat up effect, i just got rid of it because i wanted it to be clean(er) looking like the rest of the car is

the more i think about it... here i'll edit this i have another idea for the logo

ok here we go, now it just depends on what everyone wants... logo on the door? or logo on the wheel.. (it looks cool on the wheel imo, im just wondering if people will pick it up, i tried not to blur it tooo much so you can recognize it but i can't imagine the owner will like that his logo is blurred lol)
while the competition starts on that.. i dont think im going to win but owell (although mine is the most artistic and the only person that has actually spent more than 2 minutes in photoshop) its just .. kinda different

anyways, i felt like figuring out how to make my renders look a little more... real
so i tried what i've always wanted to do correctly, and i think i have achieved it; its an older version of hte Z4 (missing seams as you can see and all) but, its the lighting that counts here
^ Very nice lighting on that mate,
The overall car looks very crisp, something I can only dream to achieve.
well the header has made 3rd place.. boo.. owell, so i dont receive anything at all.. yes that sucks, especially when i was planning on getting the tutorial to help me render but.. thats clearly not going to happen

and since the boxster has become such a hassle to my computer i've started a 612 scaglietti

#342 - Pig
Not only you're improving tremendously, but you're way faster than before...

Any chance to see the new lightning effects on the 612?
i hope so :S

its really pissing me off lol, because while my modeling skills have exceeded way more than what i thought they would in a year and a half, my rendering skills.. have nearly gone nowhere, and thats... not good
so far thats the main problem i have with this model, there are alot of details there... but because my render skills are so horrid, you really dont see them at all, hopefully i'll get some more pointers though as i look around (i've discovered that render tutorials are near useless, because half the time the person making them can't even make good renders! lol owell)
#344 - Pig
Well, you can't really advance two arts (cause i consider modelling an art) on the same time, and with the same results (although art and results are terms that contradict each other a bit).
Your modelling is light years ahead from the level it was one and a half year ago... and you should focus there, instead of feeling that your render skills are not on the same level... yet
dont everyone copy me here but... lol

anyone here happen to own a scaglietti or ... lol.. own a ferrari dealership?
i think i might be able to go to the one near my school (dad knows the owner), but theres not a great chance of a scaglietti being there, although there is one on their website.. hm (not a real one but the specs of all models)
Do you think you might be able to start putting those cars into racer free car simulation?
lol i personally couldn't, and the way i model it probably wouldn't be the best (i could edit some of them to work better in games and not lose to much detail) but high quality modeling (nurbs [splines], or poly modeling with a smoother) is usually quite different from game models; the scaglietti looks not bad at all though actually when its not using a smoother

the main difference from game modelers to high poly modelers, is how stingy they are when it comes to polys; game models will almost always have triangles and a few quadrangles all the way around (LFS on the other hand is quite different from all games i've ever seen, so its not a good example) while in high poly modeling, triangles are a 99% nono, there are certain times where you must use a triangle though for the right effect

as you can see from here from a Lancia WIP preview of the game Type-S, alot of games require triangles which isn't really a problem, but you can see the difference from this: http://www.bedoworks.com/typeS ... s/lancia_development4.jpg

to my scaglietti (which, just look at the front really, i need to clean up the rear some more)

now im not saying its impossible, it would just take time and.. first of all i'd have to know what to do/not do lol because i've never done low poly modeling before (but i wish i did )
The rear end of that Stratos is really quite wrong!
lol its the only example i could find haha

it makes sense as to why its wrong though, i can't imagine Type-S will have licensed cars.. much less even be a game lol i have only come across it once before and it doesn't look like it has made any progress
i needed to do good renders of it thus... i did lol
well... good in the sense of using my best scene

A.Nuse's thread of 3d things
(530 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG