The online racing simulator
Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8882 posts, started )
Probably because he believes that a guy doing a track like the TT every day for years on end cannot memorize it as a human can only remember 20 corners
Do you guys know if the game is gonna be available only on Steam? I wouldn't mind buying it now with a nice discount, but I would prefer a standard digital download (like LFS for instance)
Quote from NitroNitrous :Do you guys know if the game is gonna be available only on Steam? I wouldn't mind buying it now with a nice discount, but I would prefer a standard digital download (like LFS for instance)

when a game is connected on Steam, it is the only way to use it (with a steam account, and link to internet I suppose).

I have just download the bloody game, and except the menu, when I click start engine or the buton to race, it starts loading, and then nothing happens ... simply go back to menu ... Should I know something special to be able to run a car ?
I just wanted to do few laps
Quote from BlueFlame :And where does it say clearly you live on the Isle of Man? IE, how the **** am I supposed to know? Population is what less than 100,000? Out of 60 million people in the UK I assumed you weren't on the Isle of Man. Massive fail right there.

From now on maybe I'll assume everyone lives on the Isle of Man? What a wonderful warped point of view that will be. Still won't satisfy you lot though will it? Clearly I don't give a shit though.

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man.
the amount of crap cooper can spout out, surprises me every time
Quote from Flotch :when a game is connected on Steam, it is the only way to use it (with a steam account, and link to internet I suppose).

I have just download the bloody game, and except the menu, when I click start engine or the buton to race, it starts loading, and then nothing happens ... simply go back to menu ... Should I know something special to be able to run a car ?
I just wanted to do few laps

Damn where is biggie?
Search at http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php.
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
Quote from NitroNitrous :Do you guys know if the game is gonna be available only on Steam? I wouldn't mind buying it now with a nice discount, but I would prefer a standard digital download (like LFS for instance)

Its in their AC's faq - game will only be available on steam.

Quote :At the moment, Assetto Corsa will be available exclusively from STEAM .

http://www.assettocorsa.net/f-a-q/
I'm not sure what the problem with Steam is. I was swearing my pants off when I saw AC got greenlight on Steam last summer and now I'm grateful for the automatic updates, quick fixes, instant reach. Steam has evolved a lot in the past 5 or so years since I used it before AC. It's nothing like the old, crappy service.
Quote :At the moment, Assetto Corsa will be available exclusively from STEAM .

At the moment, but I wanted to know if that's for the early access versions or if more formats will be available when 1.0 is released.

Anyway, I decided to spend 23 Euro on it and get my first game ever on Steam. I then found out that the game requires DX10.1 so I need a new PC if I want to play... which I find kinda wierd since I was able to test the tech preview. Can't blame them for that anyway, if I was a racing sim dev my game would only support DX11, steering wheels above 250 bucks and triple monitor setup. You don't have any of that, you can not even install it. I'll get a new rig at some point this year
Quote from Flotch :yep, tried to read and read again, but nothing solve the damn issue
So, I did post

EDIT : omg, not compatible with XP it seems :/

call biggie,maybe he got vista

U should upgrade your hardw. i think
I think they took that workaround out in one of the early patches. They said DX10.1 was required for proper function of the game, therefore blocking any exploits.
No they added that in one of the early patches, in the techdemo and before a certain patch on steam you could start assetto with any card. Now you need to edit the dx11.ini file as posted by pringles
Well the trick works and I can get between 60 and 80fps with the lowest settings, not bad for a 5 year old laptop!
I must say the game has improved so much compared to the tech preview, now I understand why you guys like it so much
I've just bought it today. Had a quick thrash around with the e30 (I have one) and I think I need to go through the settings, the steering seems very 'snappy' and I'm over compensating leading to more crashes than neccesary.

But my daughter had fun learning to drive the Abarth.

Gunna give it a thorough going over tonight, so of the GT's and supercars look interesting.

Any tips on setting up a G25? I'm finding the ingame setup a tad confusing.
Put gain to how you like it, like 70, 75% turn other settings on that left side to 0%, and leave Curbs at 20, 30, 40% if you want. That's advanced wheel settings btw.
Also, find dx.11 ini in ac folder, and put max frame latency to 1.
And most importantly, use 900 degrees. The steering degrees don't seem to scale as well as they do in LFS.
I have everything in default with my T500RS and TH8RS and feels awesome. Heel and toe shifting from 5th to 2nd with the Elise Black to take the chicane in Nurburgring is just orgasmic
Quote from Matrixi :And most importantly, use 900 degrees. The steering degrees don't seem to scale as well as they do in LFS.

I don't have those problems, for E30 I use 520 degrees, scales just perfectly, you can see/test that form external camera, only the virtual steering wheel don't mach (witch I don't use, so no problem for me), wheels mach perfectly, but you need to set desired degrees in porfiler and in the game, so you get the soft lock
I'm talking about the FFB feel, tried 720 briefly and it was horrible atleast on T500.
The game feels great so far. Just been messing with different cars and tracks. Still struggling to get around all the settings. Is there a way to remove virtual steering wheel? I never used it in LFS, and it's seriously off putting now. And, something I miss from LFS is head turning with steering imput. Is that an option somewhere and I just can't find it?

Also, is there some way I can get Tyre temps displayed in game? I can see them on the setup screen, but I can't find any way to show them when I'm running around, which surely, is the only time you want to be looking at them.

But. It's pretty, it feels pretty responsive and I was really getting to grips with the e30 at the 'burg. Once I remembered how I'm supposed to drive the game really came to me.

It's nice. Tracks look quite narrow and small for MP, but we'll see. I'd like to have some good races, as I can't seem to get more than one AI going atm. Which is a shame.
Quote from NitroNitrous :At the moment, but I wanted to know if that's for the early access versions or if more formats will be available when 1.0 is released.

Anyway, I decided to spend 23 Euro on it and get my first game ever on Steam. I then found out that the game requires DX10.1 so I need a new PC if I want to play... which I find kinda wierd since I was able to test the tech preview. Can't blame them for that anyway, if I was a racing sim dev my game would only support DX11, steering wheels above 250 bucks and triple monitor setup. You don't have any of that, you can not even install it. I'll get a new rig at some point this year

I doubt it will be available off steam considering they plan to use Steam Workshop to distribute tracks/cars that users create.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8882 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG