The online racing simulator
Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8882 posts, started )
According to a beta tester who will remain unnamed Laguna is not finished yet AND looks awful, apparently. Rumour has it that its not the main Kunos track modeller doing the track and it shows.
Sorry Lucaf, thought you would have clicked on the hyperlinks in my post. Indeed very crap that they use only facebook ...

ACCAkut : that's not pretty to read ... Frown . Hope they will not provide a crap Laguna Seca after all the times teasing us ^^
Wouldn't be surprised it is looked bad, never really liked the way AC looks, the only way i have seen others make it look any good is with piles of graphics mods which need a crazy GPU. iRacing or even LFS look much more natural to me...
Quote from k_badam :Wouldn't be surprised it is looked bad, never really liked the way AC looks, the only way i have seen others make it look any good is with piles of graphics mods which need a crazy GPU. iRacing or even LFS look much more natural to me...

What you described is a matter of rendering style. Can't be sure without seeing the product, but the rumour sounds like it's a matter of quality.
I like the rendering style of AC. It is quite similar to LFS (in my eyes) and works very well in VR. Track quality is another thing and I'm sure Laguna will pass the quality tests before release.
+1 on VR, I really enjoy the looks of it and it doesn't take a huge amount of GPU power to run which is nice. No microstutters like in LFS is also much easier on the eyes.
AC looks awesome overall, nothing to add or take.
Quote from troy :+1 on VR, I really enjoy the looks of it and it doesn't take a huge amount of GPU power to run which is nice. No microstutters like in LFS is also much easier on the eyes.

never experienced micro stutters in lfs personally, but agree a.c is nice in vr. One thing i do use for LFS is the degug tool to increase the pixels per display setting to make lfs look more clear
^^I run PPD@2.0 in both AC and LFS. Looks/feels really good.
I like the way the mirrors are VR-rendered in LFS. Don't drive much in LFS nowdays due to AC being my favourite at the moment. Will come back to LFS now and then to check for news on Scawens work on the physics. Will be very interesting if he reaches his new goals some day. Meantime, I wish him the best success at work.
Quote from bishtop :never experienced micro stutters in lfs personally, but agree a.c is nice in vr. One thing i do use for LFS is the degug tool to increase the pixels per display setting to make lfs look more clear

Once you see them you can't unsee them! They're there because of the LFS 100hz physics rate and the 90hz refreshrate for Rift/Vive.

Just drive somewhere with scenery and look to your side, you will see continuous small stutters while things move past you. It's not terrible, but distracting enough for me to make me prefer AC even though the LFS implementation of VR is far superior in every other aspect.
Quote from troy :Once you see them you can't unsee them! They're there because of the LFS 100hz physics rate and the 90hz refreshrate for Rift/Vive.

Just drive somewhere with scenery and look to your side, you will see continuous small stutters while things move past you. It's not terrible, but distracting enough for me to make me prefer AC even though the LFS implementation of VR is far superior in every other aspect.

its probably something i will now notice Smile. If a.c fixed it so the main menu ect could be seen in VR then that would be a bonus like is done in project cars
Quote from bishtop :its probably something i will now notice Smile. If a.c fixed it so the main menu ect could be seen in VR then that would be a bonus like is done in project cars

Yes, that is a bit of a hassle in AC. I'm used to take my helmet on/off for races or even biking here and there, so I see it as "put on your helmet, time to race gringo!"
Quote from bishtop :One thing i do use for LFS is the degug tool to increase the pixels per display setting to make lfs look more clear

If you use Content Manager, you can set that in AC also.
Quote from bishtop :its probably something i will now notice Smile. If a.c fixed it so the main menu ect could be seen in VR then that would be a bonus like is done in project cars

With the new DASH 2.0 beta branch for rift you can do that, no need to take off the headset anymore. Smile
Quote from troy :With the new DASH 2.0 beta branch for rift you can do that, no need to take off the headset anymore. Smile

The Vive can do it too in theory with Steam VR's Desktop view. But as I also have three screens attached to my PC, and the SteamVR shows all desktops at the same width of a single screen, everything is pretty much illegible.
Mmm.
Looks great and innovative that VR spectating. Doesn't your neck get hurt doing that?
uuuuhhhh Dead banana

(ps. group 5 cars by factory in RaceRoom Thumbs up Taped Shut )

Cool
Rain! Day/night cycle!! It's coming!!!

No word about the original AC game though. With ACC in Unreal 4 chances are we won't see "backport" of those features into AC.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8882 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG