The online racing simulator
Quote from bishtop :never experienced micro stutters in lfs personally, but agree a.c is nice in vr. One thing i do use for LFS is the degug tool to increase the pixels per display setting to make lfs look more clear

Once you see them you can't unsee them! They're there because of the LFS 100hz physics rate and the 90hz refreshrate for Rift/Vive.

Just drive somewhere with scenery and look to your side, you will see continuous small stutters while things move past you. It's not terrible, but distracting enough for me to make me prefer AC even though the LFS implementation of VR is far superior in every other aspect.
Quote from troy :Once you see them you can't unsee them! They're there because of the LFS 100hz physics rate and the 90hz refreshrate for Rift/Vive.

Just drive somewhere with scenery and look to your side, you will see continuous small stutters while things move past you. It's not terrible, but distracting enough for me to make me prefer AC even though the LFS implementation of VR is far superior in every other aspect.

its probably something i will now notice Smile. If a.c fixed it so the main menu ect could be seen in VR then that would be a bonus like is done in project cars
Quote from bishtop :its probably something i will now notice Smile. If a.c fixed it so the main menu ect could be seen in VR then that would be a bonus like is done in project cars

Yes, that is a bit of a hassle in AC. I'm used to take my helmet on/off for races or even biking here and there, so I see it as "put on your helmet, time to race gringo!"
Quote from bishtop :One thing i do use for LFS is the degug tool to increase the pixels per display setting to make lfs look more clear

If you use Content Manager, you can set that in AC also.
Quote from bishtop :its probably something i will now notice Smile. If a.c fixed it so the main menu ect could be seen in VR then that would be a bonus like is done in project cars

With the new DASH 2.0 beta branch for rift you can do that, no need to take off the headset anymore. Smile
Quote from troy :With the new DASH 2.0 beta branch for rift you can do that, no need to take off the headset anymore. Smile

The Vive can do it too in theory with Steam VR's Desktop view. But as I also have three screens attached to my PC, and the SteamVR shows all desktops at the same width of a single screen, everything is pretty much illegible.
Mmm.
Looks great and innovative that VR spectating. Doesn't your neck get hurt doing that?
uuuuhhhh Dead banana

(ps. group 5 cars by factory in RaceRoom Thumbs up Taped Shut )

Cool
Rain! Day/night cycle!! It's coming!!!

No word about the original AC game though. With ACC in Unreal 4 chances are we won't see "backport" of those features into AC.
There definitely won't be a backport of these features because the engine of AC simply doesn't support this. Anyways, I see ACC as a single-series proof-of-concept-product for an upcoming AC2. Which is great, because I dig the non-GT3 cars in AC and can use my investment* in AC a little longer, hoping that SimRacingSystem will continue to provide their wonderful service for AC also when ACC is complete.

*AC is one third of my total gaming investments, given that LFS, AC and Automobilista are the only games I bought in my whole life, I don't count nowadays virtually 0€ sims like GTR2 and RBR. Yes, you can call me a sim racing fan.
Quote from versis :There definitely won't be a backport of these features because the engine of AC simply doesn't support this. Anyways, I see ACC as a single-series proof-of-concept-product for an upcoming AC2. Which is great, because I dig the non-GT3 cars in AC and can use my investment* in AC a little longer, hoping that SimRacingSystem will continue to provide their wonderful service for AC also when ACC is complete.

Well, there's no magic attached to an game engine that just somehow makes it support rain or D/N cycle. You code support into it if you need/want to.

D/N at least is relatively simple to do at a primitive level without lighting/shadowing getting too fancy. They might need to figure out how to update track object shadow maps in a manageable way for performance reasons though.

Rain is a very different problem as it involves significant physics changes. But if they could build that physics into ACC maybe they can run the same code for AC as well?
Quote from Keling :Well, there's no magic attached to an game engine that just somehow makes it support rain or D/N cycle. You code support into it if you need/want to.

While that's right, not sure where I read it, but I remember they stated it would be too much work changing the engine to support more than one light source. Can't remember that actually would cause the effort. With a small developer team I can understand their reasoning to try to move to an engine that already supports this.
Kunos on the way forward for AC:

Quote :The game will continue to be available for purchase, servers for multiplayer and lobbies will be kept open and active for as long as people continue to play it. The game will not receive further updates now (It has now been 7 years since AC development started and 4 years from its 1.0 release) Our entire team is now focused on AC Competizione.

The fat lady has sung it seems, but this new AC looks like a really nice endurance sim: day/night, rain, driver swaps all confirmed, lets just hope it'll be implemented properly. Smile
Hello. I'm pretty sure lot of people who use mouse don't know about this. In this way you can set up mouse in game like a steering wheel. So after this you can use clutch for mouse. Here is files and explanation how to do all this. Hope this will help Smile

P. S. Read Readme.txt file Smile

Throttle = W
Brake = S
Clutch = C
Handbrake = Space
Shift up = Shift
Shift down = Ctrl
Headlights = L
Glance left = Q
Glance right = E
Glance back = B
Change camera = V
Horn = H

Download links:
Assetto Corsa-Mouse Control - Windows 10 by sti228
Assetto Corsa - Mouse control Clutch Ver 3 by sti228

Uhmm
Attached images
saabb.png
ugly car, why post this here
Quote from versis :There definitely won't be a backport of these features because the engine of AC simply doesn't support this. Anyways, I see ACC as a single-series proof-of-concept-product for an upcoming AC2. Which is great, because I dig the non-GT3 cars in AC and can use my investment* in AC a little longer, hoping that SimRacingSystem will continue to provide their wonderful service for AC also when ACC is complete.

*AC is one third of my total gaming investments, given that LFS, AC and Automobilista are the only games I bought in my whole life, I don't count nowadays virtually 0€ sims like GTR2 and RBR. Yes, you can call me a sim racing fan.

It has been said that AC wont get more updates, and this is the final stage it will have.
I think its a bit unfare, i paid 60€ for a game that does not have a decent chat client, a decent on the move settings manager (i like to mess with my ffb setting on the fly, and AC has a very detailed ffb manager), and i cant change the grafics settings on the fly.
These things should be there from the start, and they are never coming to it.
ACC will have a niche market, only gt2 cars, no drifters, or more interesting cars.
at this point Raceroom will be mutch better, they only develop competition cars, and they do it for many years, and it works well enouth.
sry for my english, i dont write mutch
I think ACC is to only provide GT3 cars, so not even GT2 ...
AC is great, but is clearly disturbing me aswell on many aspects ... This is why I am still and will remain focused on LFS : developers may not be very quick to provide plenty of things compared to some other game companies, but in the end you get something at a very high quality level, speaking about how are implemented all the features. And this is priceless (and even cheaper than other simulations)
Quote from Flotch :I think ACC is to only provide GT3 cars, so not even GT2 ...
AC is great, but is clearly disturbing me aswell on many aspects ... This is why I am still and will remain focused on LFS : developers may not be very quick to provide plenty of things compared to some other game companies, but in the end you get something at a very high quality level, speaking about how are implemented all the features. And this is priceless (and even cheaper than other simulations)

Could not agree more.
Here is to hopefully LFS becoming more popular again.
ACC is the first stage of whatever is to come from Kunos. Focusing on GT3 opened up resources for the UE4 adaption, if that is done and well worked in we may see other series and types of cars on this new platform. The Dev is open for anything, constantly scouting for clever heads and artists.

LFS on the other hand is proper niche, its only attractive to people with seriously outdated hardware, don't fool yourself. The good VR implementation may have fished in a few hundred new users but compared to the other current titles its just a spec of dust in the simracing world, one that people have fond memories of, sure.
-
(Racon) DELETED by Racon : Fell for bait, shame on me.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG