The online racing simulator
Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8882 posts, started )
Quote from R3DMAN :
Quote from e2mustang :i hate that i cannot downshit anymore when i want to.
this game coming to consols slowly fooks up pc version

nothing to do with consoles.. its there for 2 reasons..

1. realism, real cars have it (although it may need a tweak)
2.it stops people downshifting 2/3 gears in 0.0004 seconds.

what i suggest you do is stop trying to downshift as soon as you start braking because i bet any money that is what you are doing.

while i agree on 3 gear downshift,it defo needs a tweak coz any real car i drive downshifts as i want, as long as it would not overrev if i downshifted.
When's the road-going C7 supposed to show up??
Quote from e2mustang :[...] as long as it would not overrev if i downshifted.

I'd say you're doing just that... Granted, I'm definitively not fast and I haven't tried H-gate cars to tell if they forced it on cars which wouldn't have such protection, but in the 2 hours I drove various GTs yesterday, I had exactly one incident where it didn't shift down on the first try - and I'm guessing that was an edge case which I admit may have been just a bit too soon...
H-gate cars don't have any protection
just found out my downshift button is a bit dodgy aswell
Quote from lfsrm :
Quote from Hyperactive :Early impressions of the v5 tires is arcadey...

and you think driving a car is that difficult ?

It feels like max grip is something like 15 degrees of slip angle with full throttle and loads of longinitudinal slip when driving out of corners. At times in mid corner when you get back on throttle the car starts to turn better... in rwd car... Also when recovering from slides it seems the more power you add the faster it auto corrects itself.

I'm not saying realism is hard. But compared to 1.2 this feels a bit like forza for me (yes, I used that word!).
damn arcade...
Yeah... Totally arcade...

8.5 minutes and your feet didnt move at all. Wow.
Quote from Hyperactive :
At times in mid corner when you get back on throttle the car starts to turn better... in rwd car...

That's how my old car (E60 M5) was to drive - quite understeery at high speed, but if running wide then a bit of throttle would pull the nose in, if that's what you mean.
I don't mean a bit. I mean you can really hammer the cars out of corners. This also makes it kind of lfs-esque how the cars regain or lose grip. It is so gradual and smooth. Exiting out of corners in four wheel slides is easier than blinking your eyes while holding a burrito. Like there was no drop off in grip or no load sensitivity at all. Like there is no peak of any kind. It does remind me a bit when nkpro version was released and it had that bug with something to do with longnitudal grip. Kinda like the muscle car in nkpro where you could just increase the grip of the car by giving more throttle.
i found the kicker annoying, is really hard to brake with the engine now

there is a 11 pages of discussion on AC forum about that and ppl complaining about the same
Quote from Hyperactive :I don't mean a bit. I mean you can really hammer the cars out of corners. This also makes it kind of lfs-esque how the cars regain or lose grip. It is so gradual and smooth. Exiting out of corners in four wheel slides is easier than blinking your eyes while holding a burrito. Like there was no drop off in grip or no load sensitivity at all. Like there is no peak of any kind. It does remind me a bit when nkpro version was released and it had that bug with something to do with longnitudal grip. Kinda like the muscle car in nkpro where you could just increase the grip of the car by giving more throttle.

Oh I see.

AC has stopped working for me since the update and none of the workarounds worked for me, so I can't see precisely what you mean ingame. Sounds like that's a good thing for me though Smile
1.3.3 is out. they tuned downshifts. ima go try
There's a very good scrath-made Hockenheim if anyone's interested, i've made a little comparison video yesterday.. it's an amazing drive.

Yep, got the track. Heaps of fun. Great video Boris.
Hello,

After a few months, I installed AC again with both Dream packs.

Just wanna ask, what is current best looking PP filter / graphic mod?

I don't have time to compare and lurk around the AC forum, so I'd be happy with anything you could recommend.

Happy racing. Smile

PS. How do you keep up with this mod stuff? I get totally lost on that forum, it feels like there are 500 million pages with cool stuff, but it's just impossible to check it all. I just opened it after couple of months and oh god, there is so much chaotic threads, crazy load of text and with whatever you install you need to back up half of the AC folders.
Quote from Mysho :Hello,

After a few months, I installed AC again with both Dream packs.

Just wanna ask, what is current best looking PP filter / graphic mod?

I don't have time to compare and lurk around the AC forum, so I'd be happy with anything you could recommend.

Happy racing. Smile

PS. How do you keep up with this mod stuff? I get totally lost on that forum, it feels like there are 500 million pages with cool stuff, but it's just impossible to check it all. I just opened it after couple of months and oh god, there is so much chaotic threads, crazy load of text and with whatever you install you need to back up half of the AC folders.

I recommend Andrea_gi's graphics mod. There's that install thing with sweetfx and reashade, but i don't use that, i just use the weather and PP ini files.

@ingolf

Thanks
Anyone here have ac that hasn't been updated for a while? In the latest patches the sdk editor was updated. So if anyone has an non-updated version of the sdk editor I'd be happy if you could zip it and upload for me.

To see if your sdk is new or old open these two folders:
\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\sdk\editor
And/or (depending if you have the sdk tool from steam)
\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Assetto Corsa Editor

Look at when the ksEditor.exe is updated. If it is earlier than this month then please copy the "editor" folder (or "Assetto Corsa Editor") for me (is about 70+Mb, less with). Thanks! If someone does this let you drive my latest beta for the jaguar Tongue.
Quote from Hyperactive :Anyone here have ac that hasn't been updated for a while? In the latest patches the sdk editor was updated. So if anyone has an non-updated version of the sdk editor I'd be happy if you could zip it and upload for me.

To see if your sdk is new or old open these two folders:
\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\sdk\editor
And/or (depending if you have the sdk tool from steam)
\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Assetto Corsa Editor

Look at when the ksEditor.exe is updated. If it is earlier than this month then please copy the "editor" folder (or "Assetto Corsa Editor") for me (is about 70+Mb, less with). Thanks! If someone does this let you drive my latest beta for the jaguar Tongue.

I haven't launched into Windows in 4 weeks at least. I'll zip mine up when I get home.
That would be great! Thanks.
Quote from Hyperactive :That would be great! Thanks.

PM'd you the URL. Mine says it's from Aug 5th, which seems ancient enough Tongue.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8882 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG