The online racing simulator
Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8883 posts, started )
Quote from ratrug101 :http://www.assettocorsa.net/nurburgring-news-en/

By seeing this (I am not speaking about DLC, but the Nordschleife ), I may consider having some interests in this game/simulator (especially in september of this year )
Unfortunately, I did not find a free demo : each time I find a link on internet it is specified that a netkar pro license is needed ... Is it still the case or am I only finding old links wich ask to pay for the demo of a game not yet released (time have changed since I was young and get free demo inside magazines ) ?
There is no free demo version of this. Only the tech-demo (technology demonstration) is available "free" for those,who already have NKpro licence (or buys it). But you might get lucky if you search through torrents for some "stolen" version...
There will be a free demo when they release the 1.0 version.
Don't get hung up on the early access thing. As far as I'm concerned if they're selling it then it's released. It's worth the money, Flotch, but less so since Joux Plane got ruined by the latest patch.
Its deffo worth it..
looks like i need some tips from you guys...

changed from a momo racing (240 degrees) to a g27 (900...) yesterday and well, now i just drive even worse than before. cant catch any slide or drift a little even with the easiest cars. i just hope its some setting or something as i didnt have a problem like that with the momo. or does it just take some time to adjust to the rotation? perhaps some of you still remember when you changed some years ago or whenever. settings you use could be useful as well.

thanks for anything/everything in advance.
Quote from Da Hoe :or does it just take some time to adjust to the rotation?

Yes,that too! I had some cheap 270° wheels before DFGT,so I had problems from start too,but later I get used to it. I don't think it's any good to use full 900°,540° or so could be a good compromise between smooth steering and being able to catch slides.
Quote from sinbad :Don't get hung up on the early access thing. As far as I'm concerned if they're selling it then it's released. It's worth the money, Flotch, but less so since Joux Plane got ruined by the latest patch.

Have seen Joux plane vids too ... Driving a sim with a good physics engine on a such a stage sounds promising (RBR was not so brilliant on tarmac ...) ... but I remember that netkar was not ... my style (LFS intoxicated inside) ... so I would have prefer having a good look to AC before buying it.
How can people be all for Joux Plane, and how can it make the game worth less since its ruined? It's not even officially supported... There are a lot better stuff in the game than a 2005 whatever port of a track.
Quote from Kristi :How can people be all for Joux Plane, and how can it make the game worth less since its ruined? It's not even officially supported... There are a lot better stuff in the game than a 2005 whatever port of a track.

RBR is a myth : a (the) great simulator on rallye
It is a like a great simulation that would reproduce Blackwood and the GTT , I would go directly
Quote from Kristi :How can people be all for Joux Plane, and how can it make the game worth less since its ruined? It's not even officially supported... There are a lot better stuff in the game than a 2005 whatever port of a track.

Because I got more satisfaction from single-player runs through Joux Plane than any of the other circuits. AC, as an entirely single-player experience, is better with Joux Plane in it, ergo it's more worth buying with than without. It's not as though the laser scanned tracks aren't without odd faults and "landmine" bugs either.
I've been through every single track while hotlapping nowadays and I'm yet to find any of those landmine bugs on the content tracks so far... I just don't see the reason for valuing JP that much that it could decide somebody's payment for this game or not.
just to the pro rank thing.. im 21st i think atm.
What's wrong with Joux Plane now, haven't drove for a couple of days..
Way too bumpy. (the send-the-car-to-moon kind of bumps)
It's more that the cars actually react to bottoming out now, so you have to setup accordingly.
Interview in Italian. http://youtu.be/-XBxrdNrgGU

Rough translation by Italian:

Quote :I'm italian, since seems like no one translated this, I'm going to.

Summing up, I can canfirm Marco said multyplayer should come before the end of March, because they want to test it further in order to prevent people from just complaining but to give useful feedback.

For the next update: McLaren GT3, various bugfixes and general optimization.

Apart from this, Marco said they are understanding how and how much Steam Workshop can be used, multyplayer and damage may arrive nearly on the same update, or anyway with a slightly delay between the 2, and also the possibility of booking the place in a multyplayer lobby, so for example you can reserve yourself a place in a server, do some practice, and after let's say 10 minutes the race starts and you're already in.

Hope it's clear enough, done my best to translate it

He says something about not having other car skins auto downloaded, as it would need a central server. Does he tell any date or schedule for this?

We are all doing an intensive italian language course right now xD
Thanks troy
Quote from Whiskey :He says something about not having other car skins auto downloaded, as it would need a central server. Does he tell any date or schedule for this?

He actually said they are still looking into it, as the game will use steam's workshop, and they're still trying to figure out how it works, or if it's even possible.

He mentions March as a release date, if everything goes to plan. Next patch is mainly bugfixes.
All that hype for nothing! Tried it for the first time today and it feels like a glorified version on gran turismo, really disappointed.
Since when is Gran Turismo not siht?
Quote from fwj515 :All that hype for nothing! Tried it for the first time today and it feels like a glorified version on gran turismo, really disappointed.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8883 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG