The online racing simulator
Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8882 posts, started )
Quote from Boris Lozac :Yeah i guess there's no 'correct' way of driving a sim, at the end of the day, it's a sim..

What scares me with Joux-Plane now, is that i kinda don't have the will to drive racing tracks now :/ I even dared to compare it to Nordschleife and wondered what is a better driving experience.. what the hell is going on.
Even better then RBR ever was, cause rally cars are so perfectly setup for those kind of roads, it's much challenging in ordinary road going cars..

Finally got AC since .. two hours ago, what a phenomenal game/sim. First track I tried was Joux Plane with the P4/5, got stuck in a hairpin
But I understand what you're feeling there. But for me at least its partly because the tracks we have for now are sort of "clinical", and I don't really have a sort of connection to all those italian tracks.

btw, what a difference that flip size queue thingy makes

edit: in direct comparism to LFS the AC engine sound is a little unsatisfactory. I mean its really nice when you go WOT down a straight, but tip-toeing round a corner with like 20% throttle it sounds off, not fitting for the load state the engine should be in. LFS does this better. The gear whine on the other hand is really nice and changes upon load
Quote from Boris Lozac :Yeah i guess there's no 'correct' way of driving a sim, at the end of the day, it's a sim..

What scares me with Joux-Plane now, is that i kinda don't have the will to drive racing tracks now :/ I even dared to compare it to Nordschleife and wondered what is a better driving experience.. what the hell is going on.
Even better then RBR ever was, cause rally cars are so perfectly setup for those kind of roads, it's much challenging in ordinary road going cars..

Of Course Boris IRL, narrow country B roads will always feel superior in sense of speed, danger and awesomeness department, compared to lifeless superwide, safe, boring tracks like Silverstone.

We need more tracks like Joux, fur sure, and hopefully KS and moders will satisfy our needs in near future.

Onboard Porsche GT3 Zeltner/Ze ... Sachsen Rallye 2013 Stage:lovies3d:
2-11 rocks at la plagne

now i just have to move on from surviving to actual racing

guess sub 6min should be easy for a good driver
Attached images
twoelevennn.png
Hi guys, this is my first video. This is a hotlap with the Ferrari 599XX at Imola Racetrack. The laptime is good but the video is very simple because i can't use Movie Maker really well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwP6FhU2dPY

In this hotlap all the Assetto Corsa driving aids is off, except by the traction control, that i use on the 7th level.

To save the laptime i use this awesome app : http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRLiveTiming/index.php

Here you can see the current standing for this combo : http://www.radiators-champ.com ... nk&track=2&car=42

What do you think about my first video?

P.s. I love Assetto Corsa
Quote from kars19 :done!

Hey mate, you beat my lap time, hehe. Really good lap but i think i can improve it
Quote from m4tty :Hey mate, you beat my lap time, hehe. Really good lap but i think i can improve it

Tnx so can I but for now I am bit fed up with Imola. Grinded so many laps there with 458, getting 1:53 was pain
Quote from kars19 :Tnx so can I but for now I am bit fed up with Imola. Grinded so many laps there with 458, getting 1:53 was pain

Yes, the stock 458 is more difficult to drive compare than the mclaren, specially
whitout all the electronics aids.

My best lap was a 1:54.516
Offtopic but can anyone say why Netkar Pro was greenlit on steam?
So Kunos can see how bad his new multiplayer code is without scaring off Assetto Corsa customers?
Quote from sinbad :So Kunos can see how bad his new multiplayer code is without scaring off Assetto Corsa customers?

lol
Quote from EliteAti :Offtopic but can anyone say why Netkar Pro was greenlit on steam?

The then publisher for nkPro (UIG) went through with this a couple of years ago a little after they published a boxed version, it wasn't directly done by Kunos Simulazioni.
Today, I finally managed to force myself downloading RSR Timing app, and I am totally lovin' it. I wonder why I've not downloaded it a long time ago. Just picked random, yet me fitting combo 599XX at Silverstone and set 1:58.496 which placed me in 35-th place. Yet I find this combo really easy to improve. I can improve easily by 1 sec. It feels like that. Driven without any aids (except that throttle blip and cut aid, which i don't really know how to shut down, but i guess it's basically heel-'n'-toe thing which in cars, such as 599xx doesn't required, as long it has automatic clutch) and with completely default setup.
Damn F40 is faaast when you set it up properly
Quote from kars19 :Damn F40 is faaast when you set it up properly

It is, I've never quite got the complaints about it. On Semislicks it's so fast mid corner and even as totally stock I think it's dead impressive. Put the 458 or Mclaren on 90sStreet and they'd struggle to do <2minute laps.
How do you make those preview pics? Is there a hidden option in showroom or photoshop?
Quote from Töki (HUN) :How do you make those preview pics? Is there a hidden option in showroom or photoshop?

a long and tedious way of getting it about right and overlaying the screen shot over an original preview pic (use 50% optacity for ease) then move the car in game until it lines up correctly over the preview..

best i did it in was 5 moves.
Quote from sinbad :It is, I've never quite got the complaints about it. On Semislicks it's so fast mid corner and even as totally stock I think it's dead impressive. Put the 458 or Mclaren on 90sStreet and they'd struggle to do <2minute laps.

My 1:54:940 F40 lap @ Imola

Messy lap, my goal was to get in to the 54'

0,9sec from WR, currently 7' place on RSR
Quote from m4tty :wow, great lap

Tnx, will try to improve my time, aiming for top5

Joco Gorenc (2 fastest guy at that combo) posted his setup

"Camber -1.3, -1.0
Toe front around 17, rear 6-8
25psi pressures

Ambient temp: 32°C, track 41°C"

Quote from kars19 :
Ambient temp: 32°C, track 41°C"[/i]

Is the game really fastest at such high temps? The engines should be making bad horsepower and the tires should be greasy...
Quote from MadCat360 :Is the game really fastest at such high temps? The engines should be making bad horsepower and the tires should be greasy...

if they only do 2 laps probably be ok, anymore and id expect the tyres to drop off much faster.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8882 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG