The online racing simulator
Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8883 posts, started )
Buy it and get your own impression. But do not expect it to be like LFS. It is something different, maybe a step forward, maybe a step back, but it is definitely worth the 23€.
I don´t expect it to be the same experience (then I would not need to buy it anyway, right?)
I just expect brilliant physics, and some here seem to think it exactly has that. So I bought it a minute ago.
I don´t care for the missing Multiplayer (yet). I also don´t have too much time to spend playing, so I never really was competetive in Multiplayer. What I did the most with LFS, was jumping into a Car / Track combo and tried to go around the track as quick as possible, trying to drive on the edge and having a blast doing so.

Probably I can do that with AC too and it will include the Track I love the most and probably the only piece which was ever missing for me in LFS. Now I just need to find a bit time to install AC, tweak the sterring settings and hopefully the physics appeal to me

Oh, one more question: Do you guys log in to the Forums with your Steam Account or did you create a new one? I´m not sure what the up/downside of one method or the other is here.
Quote from buedi : Good physics, THE Track and a bunch of cars.

Nordschleife is lovely and all that, but it's been around so many sims in so many iterations it would be cool for AC to have a different "signature" track.

IOM TT Course would be cool and arguably better suited to the fastest cars. I also already have it memorised
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Nordschleife is lovely and all that, but it's been around so many sims in so many iterations it would be cool for AC to have a different "signature" track.

IOM TT Course would be cool and arguably better suited to the fastest cars. I also already have it memorised

Everyone can have his opinion of course. If this is yours that´s fine.
In my point of view I am sick of so called "Simulators" with the Nordschleife where I only had fun for minutes because of the bad physics. I hope AC changes this and I finally will have good physics paired with the Track I like so much.
Yes, TT would also be fantastic, so would be the Targa Florio. For those I go back to GPL still.

Also, the Nordschleife for me is not (only) about driving the insanely fast cars. I´d rather have some more Stock / slower and low grip cars like we have them in LFS for example (XF GTI, UFR, RB4 etc...), where you have to manage your energy on some parts (for example the right hander after the Ex-Mühle where it goes up the hill... if you waste your energy with a slower care on that corner you lose tons of time).

But as I said: Everyone can have his opinions. But I hope that the market can and will have something for everyone out there
buedi, i know all this hype about ac is making a proper lfs'er doubt ac's physics. Now once you finally decide that it's worth giving a go you'll understand that in ac you feel a well better connection with environment then in lfs.

Right, that doesn't really explain physics, here it goes to satisfy your urge to understand the base of ac physics before testing it out. Follows. You have a more realistic, more filtered ffb at disposal in ac. This will make you use stronger ffb in your settings and this will also make you go for a smoother drive. All this is in fact making it more realistic and in touch with the car.

Of course this still doesn't give any hint of physics, it's just environment, the car and the force feedback. Well, explaining physics if for Newton not me, so you'll have to give it a go to feel how the tire pushes into the ground anyway as a long time fellow LFS'er I'm by far satisfied with what AC's got for us in store and the amount of fun I'm having hotlapping is on par with LFS from many years ago.

One lovely feature AC has is whilst building the set there is almost a small guide to every lil part of the car what it does either way you turn the wicker.

Once again, don't get into this hype too much. Judge for yourself is it worth. If I was to rate it in simply physics department I'd say only that debounce of car from curbs needs little bit fixing to reach the level of LFS.

Hold on, here's an interesting comparison. It sort of feels like you've got slightly touch more grip in understeer and slightly touch less grip in oversteer compared to LFS and personally I feel this is more realistic from real life too. Karting every single car out there shouldn't really be the quickest way around as it is in LFS and AC does that brilliantly. And as extra bonus all the realistic tracks have realistic chicanes and realistic curbs everywhere so not every other corner a lacking curb will annoy you and again it brings us to the in touch with environment segment. So it goes on and on, round and round.

What is really the question when it comes to if it's worth the wile is the multiplayer that we're all so willingly awaiting since hotlapping is such beautiful GT cars and real tracks is magical and you've got the best AI at disposal to pass the time until then.

It's also lovely to get involved with all LFS'ers in here and many quick quys from other sims as well. AC might be very well bringing that leap forward that we all so very much deserve and you do not want to miss none of that. Take my word for it, you'll enjoy it for as long as you enjoy chasing laptimes and then for as long as you don't figure all the AI flaws and if you really like it until you find all lovely cars and figure the best of tracks and chase laptimes again and we're in the loop it goes round and round and this why we so very much love new content. Oh gosh I've wrote a novel here. Well if you've got this far, thanks for reading this. Was my pleasure to share this with you, because it is very very exciting this ac and you surely want some of that.
Quote from Storm_Cloud : I also already have it memorised

And how could you have done that? The only virtual versions are a shortened/scaled down Snaefell circuit anyway.
Quote from buedi :Everyone can have his opinion of course. If this is yours that´s fine.
In my point of view I am sick of so called "Simulators" with the Nordschleife where I only had fun for minutes because of the bad physics. I hope AC changes this and I finally will have good physics paired with the Track I like so much.
Yes, TT would also be fantastic, so would be the Targa Florio. For those I go back to GPL still.

Also, the Nordschleife for me is not (only) about driving the insanely fast cars. I´d rather have some more Stock / slower and low grip cars like we have them in LFS for example (XF GTI, UFR, RB4 etc...), where you have to manage your energy on some parts (for example the right hander after the Ex-Mühle where it goes up the hill... if you waste your energy with a slower care on that corner you lose tons of time).

But as I said: Everyone can have his opinions. But I hope that the market can and will have something for everyone out there

Not saying one or the other, just that everybody has the Nordschleife (which I still only truly enjoy in GPL), so having a "halo" track that no one else has would be a good USP.
God, I want to try this game out sooo bad! Too bad my PC is so outdated
Been watching AC videos lately. I really love the animations when it comes to cockpit view and sounds are just brilliant! If you guys have uploaded a new video with some AC action included, please let me know! Hotlap, drift, review videos..anything!
Quote from BlueFlame :And how could you have done that? The only virtual versions are a shortened/scaled down Snaefell circuit anyway.

There are also numerous full lap onboards / TV / helicopter laps available across different disciplines.
Quote from N I K I :buedi, i know all this hype[...]Well if you've got this far, thanks for reading this. Was my pleasure to share this with you, because it is very very exciting this ac and you surely want some of that.

Well, I´ve read it all, yes :-) And I appreciate it very much. I see you´ve driven a lot in LFS and you seem to be very enthusiastic about AC too.
The more I read here, the more confident I am that it was good to buy the license today.

Now I just need to buy some free time to try it out
Quote from Mustangman759 :I memorized Daytona. Turn left keep foot down straighten wheel out, eat pop corn, turn left again and keep throttle down.

that's also pretty much the only thing you can do
- Default Exos setup now has maximum fuel for longer AI races.
- Some minor improvements in Lotus Exos AI
- Improvements on Nurburgring GP AI line for all cars
- Lotus Exos 125 hand gearshift animations
- Traction Control steps for Lotus Exos 125
- Improved downshift revs matching
- Fixed setup differential step on Lotus Exos 125
- Slight modifications on the range of the Lotus Exos 125' rebound dampers
- Default launcher theme: Fixed an issue with personal best times not being saved under certain conditions
- Default launcher theme: Control post-configuration check for required assists (e.g. activate autoclutch when no clutch assigned, etc)
- Added rotation limit option for in-game steering wheel. (this is critical for the Rift)
Quote from BlueFlame :And how could you have done that? The only virtual versions are a shortened/scaled down Snaefell circuit anyway.

I live there. Knob.
Hey Jase!

Yes, twice a day and at 155mph (once - crapped myself!)
Quote from buedi :Now I just need to buy some free time to try it out

Hang your socks out of the window. Buy yourself a ticket for Disneyland and go to Mugello. You'll love them rollercosters they have overthere.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :I live there. Knob.

And where does it say clearly you live on the Isle of Man? IE, how the **** am I supposed to know? Population is what less than 100,000? Out of 60 million people in the UK I assumed you weren't on the Isle of Man. Massive fail right there.

From now on maybe I'll assume everyone lives on the Isle of Man? What a wonderful warped point of view that will be. Still won't satisfy you lot though will it? Clearly I don't give a shit though.
Quote from BlueFlame :And where does it say clearly you live on the Isle of Man? IE, how the **** am I supposed to know? Population is what less than 100,000? Out of 60 million people in the UK I assumed you weren't on the Isle of Man. Massive fail right there.

From now on maybe I'll assume everyone lives on the Isle of Man? What a wonderful warped point of view that will be. Still won't satisfy you lot though will it? Clearly I don't give a shit though.

Quote from BlueFlame :And where does it say clearly you live on the Isle of Man? IE, how the **** am I supposed to know? Population is what less than 100,000? Out of 60 million people in the UK I assumed you weren't on the Isle of Man. Massive fail right there.

Quote from BlueFlame :Massive fail right there.

On your part.
Quote :Clearly I don't give a shit though.

The rant clearly shows you do. Try just apologizing for a bad assumption instead of embarrassing yourself further.
Quote from PMD9409 :On your part.

The rant clearly shows you do. Try just apologizing for a bad assumption instead of embarrassing yourself further.

How can I embarrass myself? If I gave a shit what people thought of me here I'd sit here agreeing with everyone and sucking them off.
Why are you so mad then?

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8883 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG