The online racing simulator
Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8882 posts, started )
i hope they just flat out copy the way mouse works in lfs
Wouldn't you rather LFS copy everyone else so you could still play LFS?

You have too many posts.
I suspect he probably doesn't have enough posts actually. He generally represents the voice of reason which is now limited on this forum.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :I suspect he probably doesn't have enough posts actually. He generally represents the voice of reason which is now limited on this forum.

I dunno if you can even trust shot anymore. He's going to regularly be using a Macbook Pro.
Quote from Shotglass :i hope they just flat out copy the way mouse works in lfs

Nope.

I hope they go for raw input. Linear response and completely independent sensitivity are both needed in LFS or AC.
Quote from CheerioDM :Wouldn't you rather LFS copy everyone else so you could still play LFS?

You have too many posts.

"I really liked a burger I bought at fast food joint A. So I requested fast food joint A changed their burgers to be like other fast food joints."
Quote from Shotglass :what do you mean? lfs already has completely linear response if you set the steering linearity setting accordingly

But many people do prefer acceleration for GUI navigation. With raw input you can have accelerated response for cursor and linear response for steering at the same time.

Reading raw input also means steering travel is not limited to cursor travel, like it is in LFS now.
The d1 spec m3 is a blast. Forget the drifting, although that's fun too. Stick the semi slick tyres on, tame the setup a little so it's not quite so pointy, and go for lap times. Brilliant.
Quote from sinbad :The d1 spec m3 is a blast. Forget the drifting, although that's fun too. Stick the semi slick tyres on, tame the setup a little so it's not quite so pointy, and go for lap times. Brilliant.

80% time in AC I am hotlaping the d1 e30, such a blast it's like LFS LRF class car
Quote from Keling :But many people do prefer acceleration for GUI navigation

we shouldnt support the bad choices some people make in their life
Quote from Shotglass :we shouldnt support the bad choices some people make in their life

Comic Sans is not a bad life choice.
I got 4 wr's
Not like being the fastest means much when you can change the weather settings, turn off tyre wear and fuel consumption etc...

Not trying to hate on the game itself though, it's unfinished.
Quote from IsaacPrice :Not like being the fastest means much when you can change the weather settings, turn off tyre wear and fuel consumption etc...

Not trying to hate on the game itself though, it's unfinished.

Everyone can and will do it thus making it even. No point putting ambient at 10'C because you have cold tyres that don't heat up. So you end up having to leave it around or just under default.

No fuel or tyre consumption just means that you have a theoretical lap that you can actually achieve.
Being fastest doesn't mean anything when there's no mod detection either. At this point it's easy to, for example, decrease car mass by 50kg and increase power and downforce by a couple of percent. You can make changes that are difficult to detect but will have significant performance impact. Until there's proper mod detection and (hopefully) some form of official leaderboard these hotlap times should be considered entertainment and taken with a pinch of salt.

edit: Note that I'm not actually accusing anyone of cheating to get to the top of leaderboards; I'm just saying that at this point it's possible.
Quote from amp88 :

edit: Note that I'm not actually accusing anyone of cheating to get to the top of leaderboards; I'm just saying that at this point it's possible.

What, and it hasn't been possible/always been possible on LFS?
Quote from BlueFlame :What, and it hasn't been possible/always been possible on LFS?

Sure, it's still possible in LFS to cheat on the hotlap rankings, but it's much more difficult (with the detection system on LFS World). I've got no doubt that there will be a similar type of detection system in AC (it just makes sense), but for the moment there isn't.
Quote from amp88 : but it's much more difficult

Very wrong. LFS has no 3rd party detection. It can only detect if something in the game has been altered. Grip mod etc is undetectable.

Plus the multitude of LFS 3rd party shizzle for people there to use is alot different to AC where if you were that adamant on cheating you'd have to code or make some kind of cheat yourself.
Quote from BlueFlame :Very wrong. LFS has no 3rd party detection. It can only detect if something in the game has been altered. Grip mod etc is undetectable.

Plus the multitude of LFS 3rd party shizzle for people there to use is alot different to AC where if you were that adamant on cheating you'd have to code or make some kind of cheat yourself.

Quote from BlueFlame :Very wrong. LFS has no 3rd party detection. It can only detect if something in the game has been altered. Grip mod etc is undetectable.

To be clear, we're talking about cheating on the LFS World hotlap rank, right?

Quote from BlueFlame :Plus the multitude of LFS 3rd party shizzle for people there to use is alot different to AC where if you were that adamant on cheating you'd have to code or make some kind of cheat yourself.

Without describing the process the amount of time and knowledge it takes to be able to modify cars in AC is very low at the moment.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8882 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG