The online racing simulator
Quote from sinbad :The d1 spec m3 is a blast. Forget the drifting, although that's fun too. Stick the semi slick tyres on, tame the setup a little so it's not quite so pointy, and go for lap times. Brilliant.

80% time in AC I am hotlaping the d1 e30, such a blast it's like LFS LRF class car
Quote from Keling :But many people do prefer acceleration for GUI navigation

we shouldnt support the bad choices some people make in their life
Quote from Shotglass :we shouldnt support the bad choices some people make in their life

Comic Sans is not a bad life choice.
I got 4 wr's
Not like being the fastest means much when you can change the weather settings, turn off tyre wear and fuel consumption etc...

Not trying to hate on the game itself though, it's unfinished.
Quote from IsaacPrice :Not like being the fastest means much when you can change the weather settings, turn off tyre wear and fuel consumption etc...

Not trying to hate on the game itself though, it's unfinished.

Everyone can and will do it thus making it even. No point putting ambient at 10'C because you have cold tyres that don't heat up. So you end up having to leave it around or just under default.

No fuel or tyre consumption just means that you have a theoretical lap that you can actually achieve.
Being fastest doesn't mean anything when there's no mod detection either. At this point it's easy to, for example, decrease car mass by 50kg and increase power and downforce by a couple of percent. You can make changes that are difficult to detect but will have significant performance impact. Until there's proper mod detection and (hopefully) some form of official leaderboard these hotlap times should be considered entertainment and taken with a pinch of salt.

edit: Note that I'm not actually accusing anyone of cheating to get to the top of leaderboards; I'm just saying that at this point it's possible.
Quote from amp88 :

edit: Note that I'm not actually accusing anyone of cheating to get to the top of leaderboards; I'm just saying that at this point it's possible.

What, and it hasn't been possible/always been possible on LFS?
Quote from BlueFlame :What, and it hasn't been possible/always been possible on LFS?

Sure, it's still possible in LFS to cheat on the hotlap rankings, but it's much more difficult (with the detection system on LFS World). I've got no doubt that there will be a similar type of detection system in AC (it just makes sense), but for the moment there isn't.
Quote from amp88 : but it's much more difficult

Very wrong. LFS has no 3rd party detection. It can only detect if something in the game has been altered. Grip mod etc is undetectable.

Plus the multitude of LFS 3rd party shizzle for people there to use is alot different to AC where if you were that adamant on cheating you'd have to code or make some kind of cheat yourself.
Quote from BlueFlame :Very wrong. LFS has no 3rd party detection. It can only detect if something in the game has been altered. Grip mod etc is undetectable.

Plus the multitude of LFS 3rd party shizzle for people there to use is alot different to AC where if you were that adamant on cheating you'd have to code or make some kind of cheat yourself.

Quote from BlueFlame :Very wrong. LFS has no 3rd party detection. It can only detect if something in the game has been altered. Grip mod etc is undetectable.

To be clear, we're talking about cheating on the LFS World hotlap rank, right?

Quote from BlueFlame :Plus the multitude of LFS 3rd party shizzle for people there to use is alot different to AC where if you were that adamant on cheating you'd have to code or make some kind of cheat yourself.

Without describing the process the amount of time and knowledge it takes to be able to modify cars in AC is very low at the moment.
Quote from amp88 :Without describing the process the amount of time and knowledge it takes to be able to modify cars in AC is very low at the moment.

Even I can accomplish it.
Quote from amp88 :To be clear, we're talking about cheating on the LFS World hotlap rank, right?

Yes
Quote from BlueFlame :Yes

So, the part of the process of validation that's done automatically on LFS World to make sure the replay is of a genuine lap wouldn't be able to detect if a grip hack tool (or similar) had been used at the time the replay was recorded? You're saying that it would only be able to detect (through "JOOS - CAR", for example) changes that the player had made to the car model? If that is what you're saying, do you have any proof of that assertion?

Are yousaying you've used grip hacks in LFS? Or someone else?
Quote from amp88 : If that is what you're saying, do you have any proof of that assertion?

If you're talking about proof valid to others then no but personal proof yes.

And Ray, what I'm saying is that I was sick of seeing MARUS bust everyones WR's and went on HL mode with some hacks to see if its possible and it is.
Quote from BlueFlame :And Ray, what I'm saying is that I was sick of seeing MARUS bust everyones WR's and went on HL mode with some hacks to see if its possible and it is.

So, to be clear, you used some form of hack (e.g. a grip hack), you uploaded the .spr to LFS World hotlaps and the lap was considered valid by LFS World? If so, when did this happen and can you provide a copy of the replay, please?
Quote from BlueFlame :If you're talking about proof valid to others then no but personal proof yes.

And Ray, what I'm saying is that I was sick of seeing MARUS bust everyones WR's and went on HL mode with some hacks to see if its possible and it is.

So we should trust you arent hacking online too? Nice to know considering your teammate has admitted to accidentally doing this
Quote from amp88 :So, to be clear, you used some form of hack (e.g. a grip hack), you uploaded the .spr to LFS World hotlaps and the lap was considered valid by LFS World? If so, when did this happen and can you provide a copy of the replay, please?

I didn't upload the replay. I was under the impression that the main body of the 'cheat protection' was done via the game .exe itself rather than lfsworld web coding.

I also don't have the replay as I'm on a new system now and all that shizzle was expendable so when I formatted my harddrive to put in my new system all the replays went with it. (i'm not really a sentimental person anyway).

Trust whoever you want Ray. My times aren't setting the world on fire. So you should be pretty sure I'm not using any 3rd party software.

Regarding cheating these are the people that avoid a challenge at all costs but with LFS in particular it's a sim that I've never been quick at but I'm addicted to it because of the challenge it gives to me. That would be ruined by cheating of any kind.
Quote from BlueFlame :I didn't upload the replay. I was under the impression that the main body of the 'cheat protection' was done via the game .exe itself rather than lfsworld web coding.

Totally useless. Why did you think I specifically mentioned checks done on LFS World before? Just because you managed to get grip_h4x.exe working locally means absolutely nothing when it comes to cheating the actual hotlap rankings (which I've been talking about from the start and you agreed with me that that's what we were talking about).

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG