The online racing simulator
Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8883 posts, started )
I have no problem spinning the cars, I wish I could learn how not to..Smile
Quote from Hotdogxx60 :I have no problem spinning the cars, I wish I could learn how not to..Smile

Yeah, this. I was thinking the same thing even though I've read that silly "can't spin the cars" argument a few times. In reality, sliding cars are NOT hard to control otherwise Chris Harris would be out of business. Clearly he's not, and clearly he has zero issues commanding cars that are "out of control" to do his bidding. Look at the RUF CTR video mentioned a page back. Yet despite that reality, exactly as you claim, I have no problems turning any car around simply because this is a hobby for me that I have little time for. Throw a beer (or two or five) into the mix and I'll really mess it up and have to quit because of ... biophysics? For seasoned veterans, semi pros, pros, or those who drive daily - it SHOULD be hard to face the wrong way, if it's not then probably your passion and talents don't meet Smile Watch Chris throw the F40 - a notoriously "hard" car with sudden boost, tons of grip etc - everything to make it mean, and yet he can simply - as he puts it - "choose his angle" and away he goes. Seems a lot simpler for practiced folk doesn't it?
Explaining the slip angle issue in ac to ac fanboys is a bit like trying explain (in 2005) to rfactor fanboy that real tires don't lose all grip at 30 of slip angle... The responses are pretty much identical. Lack of skill, learn to drive in real life, it is realistic becuase I like it, look at this youtube video. This thread is like rsc in 2005! I'm getting some serious flashbacks.
Ver 1.4.x modded cars
Is there anywhere on the internet where you can find car mods specifically for the latest version of A/C..? (1.4.x)
I've managed to get a Peugeot 504 and an old Porsche Spyder working, but only through luck.
It seems all the cars are bunched together (in the modded section of the A/C forum) and its not that clear which will work on the latest version.
Those that don't work appear as unknown in the cars section of the game.
I was specifically after a Mazda MX5 (Miata) and or Honda S2000.
Any help will be very appreciated...
Quote from Hyperactive :Explaining the slip angle issue in ac to ac fanboys is a bit like trying explain (in 2005) to rfactor fanboy that real tires don't lose all grip at 30 of slip angle... The responses are pretty much identical. Lack of skill, learn to drive in real life, it is realistic becuase I like it, look at this youtube video. This thread is like rsc in 2005! I'm getting some serious flashbacks.

It's brilliant to see there are guys out there who will spend their time on sims they don't like hunting for issues. What a sacrifice sir, thank you.
Quote from Hyperactive :Explaining the slip angle issue in ac to ac fanboys is a bit like trying explain (in 2005) to rfactor fanboy that real tires don't lose all grip at 30 of slip angle... The responses are pretty much identical. Lack of skill, learn to drive in real life, it is realistic becuase I like it, look at this youtube video. This thread is like rsc in 2005! I'm getting some serious flashbacks.

Honestly, I didn't mean to come across the way you're implying I did.

I'm just tired of reading that exact line - that cars in AC are "impossible to spin", "magic wall" etc because the truth is that it isn't the case and it's not hard to test. I've read plenty of the debates, read the arguments for and against - blah blah blah over and over again and it's pretty much all hand waving.

I'm certainly not trying to undermine your skill in any way because I'm sure you'd pulverize me around a track, and in fact I think that's even happened quite some years ago! So don't take it that way. But stating that it's so hard to spin a car in AC or even more absurdly that it's "impossible" is quite silly. You brought RF into this which is odd, because those sims have always had the issue you mention... even in RF2 it's a little too easy for tires to turn to ice-cubes and there's no basis in physics for that.

I'm not going to sit here and say AC is perfect because no sim is perfect. But the exaggeration around the "slip angle issue" in that particular sim is pretty amazing around the various internet channels these days, considering the far more glaring issues in other sims.

Now if they'd fix the net-code and actually add some decent features, at that point you could label me a fan-boy Big grin
Quote from NitroNitrous :These are the only mods so far that have passed my own quality tests:

BMW M1 E26
Porsche 911 2.7RS
Caterham Academy
Ferrari 288GTO
Opel Calibra DTM
Vauxhall Cavalier BTCC
Chevrolet Chevelle SS
Mazda 787B
Nissan 180SX

They all work with the current AC version. I have tried many many more but their 3D model or physics (or both) were not good enough for my standards.

Credits to the modders.

This is cool, thanks. I'm gonna get all of them except the RUF (have it already) and the BMW (Just too damn ugly)
That's a pretty light list.

I would like to add:

Oreca FLM09
Peugeot 504
Koenigsegg One
Porsche 550

(sorry no links)
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :

I think the problem is that by default they set every car up with semi slicks, and the highest grip setting possible on the track so that newcomers don't find it too difficult. They've outright said that on the forums unfortunately.

Well push me over with a feather...
I didn't realise that at all.
I (stupidly) assumed that the cars would have had their relevant tyres as a default. I never even bothered to check out the settings - just hit start and away I went......
Quote from Boris Lozac :That's a pretty light list.

I would like to add:

Oreca FLM09
Peugeot 504
Koenigsegg One
Porsche 550

(sorry no links)

The 504 is top notch also, but is soooooo slow that I just don't see myself driving it at any time. But yes, quality wise is pure official quality.
Quote from mrfell :Well push me over with a feather...
I didn't realise that at all.
I (stupidly) assumed that the cars would have had their relevant tyres as a default. I never even bothered to check out the settings - just hit start and away I went......

I "stupidly" made the same assumption. Some cars can't even use street tires like the GTR; it's only option is "hypercar road" if I recall. Not sure if I agree with that since I don't think the car could be classified with any McLaren or the Pagani (etc), but it's forced to use the same tires.

I didn't even check the tires in the setup until I read that "explanation" on the official forums... many road cars are pretty dead feeling with semi-slicks (shocking).
Had a solid battle with a mate, cool combo this. (race is nothing special compared to LFS glory days, but since i rarely play MP at all, it was fun)

-
(petercollins) DELETED by Scawen : spam posts and a reply to a spam post
-
(Boris Lozac) DELETED by Scawen : spam posts and a reply to a spam post
-
(petercollins) DELETED by Scawen : spam posts and a reply to a spam post
Another polished gem from the AC modding community (in case you missed it): Honda NSX (1991).
Is it as good as the rFactor mod though?
Quote from k_badam :Is it as good as the rFactor mod though?

I can't compare since I havn't tried the rFactor version. All I can say is that it drives beautifully on my rig in AC. The looks aint bad either Thumbs up.
Random Callsign posted a personal review here if you wish to watch.
Looks lice. Must try.

I have tried the NSX-R at Bathurst and it is pure cargasm. It feels so much more realistic than in GT6, where ii is extremelly snappy and tail happy. I have not driven one for real but it is definitely a lot more convincing, and it sounds like the real thing.

That Lancia has a really good model and it is probably very accurate in its physics, but I couldn't find it interesting to drive...at all
Yep, the NSX comes across like the Cobra and Miata. Wouldn't be surprised if it achieves official status eventually.
Now where is that like button if you need it, can't wait to give this a go on the ring.
Can't wait!
Shame that Caterham mod project is a bit dead...
Maybe one day I will get my hands (in virtual world) on the ultimate spec 7 - narrow body, with 6 speed H pattern, lsd and that K series 1.8l screamer - gutless low end and explosive neverending top endSmile
Just like this >
thats basically the combo a friend of mine owns

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8883 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG