The online racing simulator
Quote from Boris Lozac :That's a pretty light list.

I would like to add:

Oreca FLM09
Peugeot 504
Koenigsegg One
Porsche 550

(sorry no links)

The 504 is top notch also, but is soooooo slow that I just don't see myself driving it at any time. But yes, quality wise is pure official quality.
Quote from mrfell :Well push me over with a feather...
I didn't realise that at all.
I (stupidly) assumed that the cars would have had their relevant tyres as a default. I never even bothered to check out the settings - just hit start and away I went......

I "stupidly" made the same assumption. Some cars can't even use street tires like the GTR; it's only option is "hypercar road" if I recall. Not sure if I agree with that since I don't think the car could be classified with any McLaren or the Pagani (etc), but it's forced to use the same tires.

I didn't even check the tires in the setup until I read that "explanation" on the official forums... many road cars are pretty dead feeling with semi-slicks (shocking).
Had a solid battle with a mate, cool combo this. (race is nothing special compared to LFS glory days, but since i rarely play MP at all, it was fun)

-
(petercollins) DELETED by Scawen : spam posts and a reply to a spam post
-
(Boris Lozac) DELETED by Scawen : spam posts and a reply to a spam post
-
(petercollins) DELETED by Scawen : spam posts and a reply to a spam post
Another polished gem from the AC modding community (in case you missed it): Honda NSX (1991).
Is it as good as the rFactor mod though?
Quote from k_badam :Is it as good as the rFactor mod though?

I can't compare since I havn't tried the rFactor version. All I can say is that it drives beautifully on my rig in AC. The looks aint bad either Thumbs up.
Random Callsign posted a personal review here if you wish to watch.
Looks lice. Must try.

I have tried the NSX-R at Bathurst and it is pure cargasm. It feels so much more realistic than in GT6, where ii is extremelly snappy and tail happy. I have not driven one for real but it is definitely a lot more convincing, and it sounds like the real thing.

That Lancia has a really good model and it is probably very accurate in its physics, but I couldn't find it interesting to drive...at all
Yep, the NSX comes across like the Cobra and Miata. Wouldn't be surprised if it achieves official status eventually.
Now where is that like button if you need it, can't wait to give this a go on the ring.
Can't wait!
Shame that Caterham mod project is a bit dead...
Maybe one day I will get my hands (in virtual world) on the ultimate spec 7 - narrow body, with 6 speed H pattern, lsd and that K series 1.8l screamer - gutless low end and explosive neverending top endSmile
Just like this >
thats basically the combo a friend of mine owns

Love the catheram vids Big grin !!! If I could not care of having room space for the children and wife ... Big grin

Anyway, there is a nice news for end of the month :
https://www.facebook.com/Assetto.Corsa/posts/1363230967036551

C7, Mustang, a small abarth and a bloody nice looking “Black Cat County” Track are coming ... for free.
Yep, saw that too, more sugar on the cake!
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
Quote from Wenom :Why Scawen doesn't add LX8 to lfs?? Why is it so hard. Isn't it pretty much "point and click" stuff?? It did not feel that bad in that leaked warez-LFS version back in the day.

And the tyre physics has been updated since then, now it has much more grip, making LX8 even easier to control
http://www.assettocorsa.net/ac-v1-5-dev-diary-part-23/
http://www.assettocorsa.net/ac-v1-5-dev-diary-part-33/
extract from the latest part :
- the 1.5 build optimizes the work started with the previous version and brings all the cars to the latest tyre model and tyre features
- To help you with choosing the correct compound and keeping under control the tyres temperature, we are working on a new “Tyres” app that has been added to the list of system apps included with Assetto Corsa.
- Pitstop functionalities open Assetto Corsa to endurance racing
- Japanese Pack, available on Steam by May 18th ... will feature the new Mazda MX-5 road/cup car, the RX-7, the 2015 Nissan 370Z Nismo, the Nissan GT-R 34, the Toyota Supra in three versions, and the Toyota AE-86 in two versions.
- The console version of Assetto Corsa will hit the shelves on June 3, and a new package including the Ferrari 488 GTB, FXX K, Praga R1 and Audi A1 S1 will also be available on Steam
- A1 Ring circuit : release the new laser-scanned circuit in time for the Formula 1 race weekend (July 3)
- On the physics side, we have scheduled a task related to brakes
- The new system will allow a more accurate simulation of AWD cars with unequal torque distribution.
AC will be the first sim who will simulate brake fade?
Rf2 has had it for ages I think. Rf1 had it too I think.
Quote from Hyperactive :Rf2 has had it for ages I think. Rf1 had it too I think.

rF1 for sure had brake temperatures, don't know if fade was simulated though.

I believe F1 Challenge, the predecesor of rF1, also simulated brake temps, but I'm not sure.
Quote from Hyperactive :Rf2 has had it for ages I think.

Then I never felt itUhmm

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG