The online racing simulator
Quote from kruuvi :You could go to Bahamas if you'd start pre-ordering S3.

Thanks, but I'm ok here in sunny England.

We'll only allow S3 license payments when the S3 content version is so nearly ready, nothing could go wrong.
sunny England

When I went 3 days there, at Silverstone, was the hottest week I saw in a long time. Gosh, that was about 30º without any shadow haha
Quote from Scawen :To make sure I'm clear : the incompatible changes to come are still in this run of test patches.
After that lot is tested we can release an official patch then I'll be back on the tyre physics, and several loud voices will think I've given up on Live for Speed, must be on a beach in the Bahamas, etc.

I was deliberately ambiguous in that comment, and it didn't really deserve a reply. Thank you anyway, and thanks for the tireless efforts over the last couple of weeks. It must be quite distracting for you in regards to the tyre physics, but I believe a burst of activity was probably required to renew interest for quite a few.

BTW I hope the loudest voice comment wasn't directed at me. [/paranoia]
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Oxymoron detected.

ROFL
During a pit-stop in yesterday's 6-hour race, the game fixed damage even though I had the "Repair Damage" option set to [no]. All I did was add fuel (48%), change tyres (set to always) and I also did a slight tweak to the car's setup (added camber).
This bug happened with Z33, don't know if someone else reported it before.
Quote from Senninha25 :During a pit-stop in yesterday's 6-hour race, the game fixed damage even though I had the "Repair Damage" option set to [no]. All I did was add fuel (48%), change tyres (set to always) and I also did a slight tweak to the car's setup (added camber).
This bug happened with Z33, don't know if someone else reported it before.

Underlined why. It also does it if you change the tyres from one type to another. Because you're changing the camber. The car has to be "not broken" for it to work. So it fixes the suspension and all other damage. Then adjusts camber.

Not really much you can do about it.
Changing Camber will repair damage as the car needs to be fixed so it has a proper "zero" to change the camber from. (If my mind is working correctly)
-
(JayEyeBee) DELETED by JayEyeBee
-
(AndroidXP) DELETED by AndroidXP : Not a bug, I was mistaken
Quote from azasmith14 :Underlined why. It also does it if you change the tyres from one type to another. Because you're changing the camber. The car has to be "not broken" for it to work. So it fixes the suspension and all other damage. Then adjusts camber.

Not really much you can do about it.

hmm, that's weird. I assume this bug has been around since S2 was released, then It still isn't the most convenient "extra", specially when you're on a race and don't want to lose too much time :X
Quote from Scawen :FIX : Endless auto car reset after falling into the underworld

Are you talking about the car rapidly resetting in the underworld? If so, I'm afraid it is not fixed yet, as it is the first thing I tried and it still does it (I also found that rapidly turning the wheel allows the car not to reset for about half a second ).

PS: While playing around in the underworld, I noticed that fast turning the wheels allows to gain complete control, replay attached for more info).
Replay in Z34 of course.
Attached files
Kyrios_endless reset.spr - 69.2 KB - 354 views
Again error with friction, tyres contact with the object in your replay.
Attached images
lfs_00000042.jpg
lfs_00000043.jpg
lfs_00000044.jpg
found invisible wallbug @ southcity

replay attached:
Attached files
wallbug.spr - 41.3 KB - 332 views
Been spectating a race on FE25R (basically FE2R) - saw a blue flag for one car but didn't see any blue flags for another car - does the person receiving the blue flag need to have Z34 for others to see blue flags on him?

Edit: asked after the race, seems like z34 is needed for it to work for the person getting lapped.
Regarding the following comment and its relation to this test patch (autocross objects in general), would like to propose a slight improvement suggestion.

Quote from eddy678 :Hi Scawen ive made a layout and added some Ai's but they think that there is no layout there so they just slam into objects thinking that they are on the normal track.

And therefore;

Quote from Squelch :
Eddy's report could be taken as a case in point. He downloaded a layout and fully expected to be able to race against the AI using it. In the purist sense, this really should not be possible, and the race start logic should warn against or prevent it. It might be safe to say, that many other LFS'ers take this misfeature as given, so would know better, and the whole issue has been overlooked, or not reported.

Preventing the AI altogether on tracks with autocross objects can be considered a step too far. As Squelch suggested, how about a simple warning, maybe something along the lines of "Warning: AI cant manoeuvre through autocross objects" (similar to the "Warning : Rallycross tyres on road track") for this issue; just to make it clear and to avoid any confusion in the future?

---

E: In the Skid pad the areas near two of the fences are still icy (and crash through the wall etc.) Yes, its an old bug BUT its fixed in the Skid pad [X]. Screenshot and mpr added.
Attached images
lfs_00312245.jpg
Attached files
Z34 - Skid Pad 3.mpr - 123.3 KB - 396 views
Ok, test-race is over (SO6R / LX6 in open config mode)

Blue Flags:
I have to say, blue flags are working really good.
I guess the system is a bit more sophisticated than the one I suggested.
All the drivers have been in teamspeak, so I now have a fairly good overview of what peaople were thinking about it. Some said, blue flags were near perfect. Others said (and I feel the same) they are shown a little bit too early. Nevertheless, the LX6 is not the fastest car in game, so I guess that'll be ok.

It also seems to depend on the track. We were having some fun in the Blackwood carpark after the race, and blue flags were shown much later there. I guess this happens, because the new blue flags are only shown when the lapper is within a certain angle behind the car you're driving (which is a good thing). So: the curvier the track, the later the flags are shown. They still felt to be "in time".

To cut a long story short:
We like it.
I think it really is the best you can expect from a workaround like that.

Thank you very much!
I found a strange thing in LFSW race stats, we've just finished a 25 lap race on FE2Y and I haven't got a race recorded there (and probably nobody has).
Yeah, tried to watch the race via LFS progress, it just sat there with everyone on 0 laps
Quote from Flame CZE :I found a strange thing in LFSW race stats, we've just finished a 25 lap race on FE2Y and I haven't got a race recorded there (and probably nobody has).

Because no PB save on LFSW for layouts and this openconfigs.
Quote from Litro :Because no PB save on LFSW for layouts and this openconfigs.

It was introduced in Z32. Not PB's but race progress / history.
Quote :Custom layouts race progress / history now displayed on LFS World

Can it be because the host is Z30?
what's the chances of having the fuel added to ISP_NPL?
None I hope.
Quote from boothy :None I hope.

why not? if someone has full weight and full fuel - its likely a crasher
I run full fuel to give myself a challenge! :P
Quote from Krammeh :what's the chances of having the fuel added to ISP_NPL?

With this enabled, would other drivers fuel levels be available for view via an InSim?

If so, then a big no-no.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z30 (NOW Z34 - old content / old physics / many updates)
(1442 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG