The online racing simulator
I think that this is a bug...

I've noticed that in a long run (38 laps) with refueling, LFS kept refueling my car despite (F12) I selected a 0% refueling at next pit-stop. LFS did it two times in the same run:

1st pit stop: F12: 20% fuel ------ 21.9% refueled <-- 1.9 difference
2nd pit-stop: F12: 0% fuel ----- 11.9 % refueled <--- 11.9 difference
3rd pit-stop: F12 0% fuel ----- 5.9 % refueled <--- 5.9 difference

Data:
patch Z31
track SO4r
Car: FBM
Quote from DeadWolfBones :That's a nice kitchen.

I presume dawe is trowing jokes about womens, what he doesn't realize is that i'be bloked hin sinse 1 month

Sad...
Just ignore retards like himself.
Just noticed in Z31 the clutch temp has gone from my display.
and the long barriers still have too much rebound.

Keep up the good work m8

after changing tracks and cars a few times clutch temp is working again.
DAMMM!!!!

I @ work! But thanks! I give a try when im @ home!
Quote from racing.dude :Just noticed in Z31 the clutch temp has gone from my display.

F9 and F10 both still have the clutch temp as earlier for me
Quote from DeadWolfBones :That's a nice kitchen.

Remember the kitchen reports...

Quote from Scawen :It's wooden doors under a worktop surface that is a bit blue. But it's a bit hard to get started on the job seeing as I've managed to break the mains tap handle off its stem. It was seized and I had to use a mole wrench to try to gradually move it a bit this way and that but in the end, it just broke off instead of turning. Lesson to learn - DO turn the mains tap off an on at least twice a year or it will eventually seize. So I am investigating the outside mains supply stopcocks as well though one of them seems to be totally seized as well and another one is an unknown distance down a ceramic tube which seems to be full to the brim with an unknown amount of general crap / rubbish / life forms. Well apparently life is like coding, nothing's quite as easy as you expect!

Quote from raftor :I think that this is a bug...

I've noticed that in a long run (38 laps) with refueling, LFS kept refueling my car despite (F12) I selected a 0% refueling at next pit-stop. LFS did it two times in the same run:

Data:
patch Z31
track SO4r

I can't seem to reproduce this, I've tried single player and multiplayer with AI, I used a FBM @ SO1 because I don't want to keep driving long laps.

It seems to work fine, so I don't know what might be causing the problem. Can anyone else reproduce this?
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :EDIT: i think DarkKostas mean, he have windows installed.. i also have to uinlock when reinstalling windows.. but in the same HDD it is possible to copy lfs like descibed below.

I have a 2nd home which is 500meters away from this one and hasn't internet connection, so i can't plug it in even for a second
Quote from raftor :I think that this is a bug...

Data:
patch Z31
track SO4r

also cant reproduce it.
it looks like that it works normal.
this 20% fuel means that 20% is added to the tank. so at pitstop one you had 1.9% in you tank entering the pits.

its stop 2: you most likely had 11.9% fuel in the tank.
adding 0% fuel will make you leave the pits with 11.9%.

Hope you can confirm this ?
I don't know did I understand this either but...

isn't it just pulling up the info how much fuel is in total in tank? So it is just added 11,9% fuel in tank even you want to add 0% but if there is already 11,9% in tank it will say 11,9% fuel added in tank.

Or wut? or is it making it likely a random? does this happen on Open Config?

might be possible it adds to tank approximately the average from % of lap in tank including the % of in the tank, which will give a false data in the tank.

EDIT: until it is 0% to refuel, it might be just 0% of difference
Quote from Scawen :I can't seem to reproduce this, I've tried single player and multiplayer with AI, I used a FBM @ SO1 because I don't want to keep driving long laps.

It seems to work fine, so I don't know what might be causing the problem. Can anyone else reproduce this?

If it happends to me again sometime, ill post up a replay for you

Also, this has been a bug for me since ive started playing LFS for some reason,
How I can enable lap timing on x or y layouts? when restarting there's following message "No checkpoints - laps will not be timed" how I can create those checkpoints? They are not the same as route checker?
I tried to put some route checkers on track but didnt help at all.
In the "docs" folder there is a file Autocross.txt which explains how to do it.

It's not route checkers you need for lap timing, but checkpoints, created with the keys 1, 2, 3 and F (finish line).

You need at least a checkpoint "1" and a finish line, then lap timing is enabled.

Route checkers serve a different purpose - avoiding short cuts and making sure you take the correct route. They are only needed if it is possible to reach the checkpoints without taking the correct route - they were introduced for actual autocross layouts where people could skip several cones.
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :i just experienced z25 isnt compatible with z31.. for some unknown reason tire physics just doesnt add up.. i was going to cargame.nl S2 and was gonna race in xrt at oval.. even a wr set up, wouldnt keep me straight.. well its possible to drive, but has absolutely no grip for racing.. like driving on ice.. also makes braking distances ALOT longer than expected.. which is not so good in races..

I really wouldn't expect that to be the case. Tyre physics should be nearly the same, only the surface detection is more accurate now, so the road surface might appear to be in a different place by 1 or 2 mm (or a few mm if you are on a steep uphill or downhill slope, or several cm in odd places where the old detection really went wrong - though that was worst at the end of segments like the pit garage walls, so wouldn't usually affect tyres at all). But that difference is usually small for tyres and shouldn't affect the driving feel or lap times. I think it would need a more thorough test. You would have to take the same setup, and try it once in Z28 and again in Z31, to do a direct comparison. And you could post the setup here in case anyone else wants to test.
Please check the collision in the attached SPR around 4:06 (forget the driving, mouse + no sound...).

Collision with the "soft" wall seems spot on at first, then there is a second collision detected mid air and the car flies.

Is that due to the new collision detection with walls?

Using Z31, open config track AS1X - collision with soft wall going down corkscrew approx 100mph, FBM.

PS: Thank you for your excellent work so far! I'm really enjoying the progress
Attached files
dMrMilleSabords_AS1X_FBM.spr - 55.6 KB - 366 views
Quote from Scawen :I can't seem to reproduce this, I've tried single player and multiplayer with AI, I used a FBM @ SO1 because I don't want to keep driving long laps.

I'll send you a PM with the mpr. I hope it helps to find the problem.

Thnx.
brom

EDIT: I can't send you a pm. ... so this is the link.... http://www.mediafire.com/file/ ... 5c/SO4R_race_38L_1R_1F.7z
-
(Flame CZE) DELETED by Scawen : not needed any more
-
(raftor) DELETED by Scawen : not needed any more
z30 => z31 => z32
we will never see the end of that?
Quote from DeadZzz :z30 => z31 => z32
we will never see the end of that?

Thats called software development. now shuzzz....

/***** Sliding ******/

I have the feeling that this is a very hard thing to compare, because there is just that little chance that you can do 2 identical laps in z28 and z31.

Last night i was doing some AS4X (open config) with a few guys. i noticed that in the FZ50 and the RAC i was having a very very hard time in the Eau Rouge (AS Caded / Historic). it felt like that i couldn't go as tight. it was almost like i was falling off the track.

Can this be related to the issue the other people are having?

p.s : my teammate made this comment after seeing me go off : " Scawen already made some little water lakes in lfs."

P.S2: at some point i made a where my car was touching the ground in that corner. it helped me getting more grip at the exit.
I am just scared about the crass collisions since Z30..
#572 - 65D
Does Z31 include flags on open configs? No matter skidmarks or some little wall bug before flags because Z30 you couldnt know is there crashes ahead of you.
Or you didn't know when car is lapped...
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :I don't know did I understand this either but... isn't it just pulling up the info how much fuel is in total in tank? So it is just added 11,9% fuel in tank even you want to add 0% but if there is already 11,9% in tank it will say 11,9% fuel added in tank.

I'm a bit confused here as well (but I don't think any of this is related to Z30-31, so feel free to move/delete this)

If you've selected 0% as fuel to be added, after you finish the pitstop there usually won't be a message saying "finished refuelling : x litres".

But (randomly?), if you made any setup changes (i.e. request a tire change, or toggle repair damage and then reduce the fuel to be added to 0%) you might get a message saying "finish refuelling : x litres", where no fuel was actually added, but the "x" corresponds to the fuel % left in the tank.

When you get that message (after you set it to 0%) you might think that LFS added fuel. And its even more confusing because the pit menu is the fuel to be added/fuel in tank is in % and the LFS message is in litres.

Just a note (please correct me if I'm wrong) : In the message saying "finished refuelling : x litres", the "x" is always the amount of fuel in the tank (and NOT the amount that was added during the pitstop).

--

I hope raftor's mpr shows otherwise, or otherwise it can be sorted hotmail's explanation and above.

--

Then there's this; not test patch related, but it got a refuelling stop when I've selected 0% to be added. http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1585773
Yes, the message "finished refuelling : x litres" shows the amount of fuel after refuelling. By the way, the Czech translation was wrong for ages, it said something like "Added x litres", and recently, I've noticed that something had been wrong.
-
(seniecka) DELETED by Scawen : not needed any more
is it possible to add FullScreen+Windowed mode as well as in StarCraft2

its like a window but on fullscreen and without window border

good for custom gauges developers, who want to see own gauges over the lfs, but still driving in fullscreen mode

and good for streamers, but need extra feature is no turn off sound if LFS not in focus
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG