The online racing simulator
Quote from Scawen :
By your description, you should not be following the car when you press the < key. You exited SHIFT+U and went back in, so at that point you are not in follow mode.

Sorry I missed a step.

Basically it this happens when the replay is in pause mode. My recipe should have read

6.5 Follow car again

The follow cam works while stepping forward, but the moment you step backwards the view is reset to a static view at the point the original follow car command was invoked. Locking toggle the view seems to "set" the point at which the view is reset to (and this includes a non static follow cam) I can confirm that the car is followed after a replay restarts (which it didn't do before) it just seems paused rewind is the problem now.
Thanks, it does make a difference on open configurations
Thanks for the update. The chalk/asphalt flickering is considerably improved respectively less noticeable especially at Aston. At least for the two different Nvidia systems I tested Z32
In we1, when you are on the straight near to pits the chalk draw in 2 times, this happens when you are in the view behind the car

See pic ( Not my car was spectating the race )

If the car moves 10 more meters the remaining "Missing" chalk is drawed
Attached images
lfs_00000078.jpg
Maybe I'm missing something, but the LFSW is behaving strangely on the open tracks, at least in Z32. Sometimes it reports "this was your first lap on this track", though it was about 20th on a custom layout, sometimes it even reports "lap time" improvements, but then /w pb shows that "lap time is not recorded for open tracks"... Quite confusing to me.
Quote from Scawen :In game programming, optimisation means making it use less CPU / GPU time without really changing the outcome. There are two optimisations in this one, the alpha optimisation (for fences, etc) saves about 1% to 2% of the draw time, specially on open configs (not much) but the other optimisation provides *far* better frame rate when there are hundreds of autocross objects. This is by the use of static vertex buffers - the objects are stored on the graphics card, instead of sending their polygons there every frame.

I'll just nod and agree.

Quote from Inouva :

Did you get the free pr0n?
Quote from Inouva :In we1, when you are on the straight near to pits the chalk draw in 2 times, this happens when you are in the view behind the car

See pic ( Not my car was spectating the race )

If the car moves 10 more metters the remaining "Missing" chalk is drawed

I reported this to you and say that. But there is also a flickering of rubber layer on the drag track and a small section of the markup. Scawen, write it down in a notebook.
Attached images
LFS 2011-05-07 00-12-49-85.jpg
LFS 2011-05-07 00-16-33-88.jpg
LFS 2011-05-07 00-17-29-69.jpg
Quote from [Audi TT] :I reported this to you and say that. But there is also a flickering of rubber layer on the drag track and a small section of the markup. Scawen, write it down in a notebook.

No no, there are 2 things here

1st the flickering chalk ( When you move the camera and the chalk disapear )

2nd the drawing chalk that i'be reported

Look my pics

When you are in "Range view" of the chalk is drawed

It whould be good that the chalk remain drawen all the time insted of when you are near.

How you understan my point

@scawen

No, but we can make a special encounter both of us and have some fun *wink eye*

I promise to not say anything to geraldine
Attached images
lfs_00000079.jpg
lfs_00000080.jpg
Quote from Inouva :No no, there are 2 things here

1st the flickering chalk ( When you move the camera and the chalk disapear )

2nd the drawing chalk that i'be reported

it was in z28 version LFS. Unfortunately, this flaw is not corrected.
Quote from [Audi TT] :it was in z28 version LFS. Unfortunately, this flaw is not corrected.

I'm aware of that since patch X, i though with the flickering "Fix" this was also fixed

But is strange, it's only happens when you are in the behind car view, in the others views the chalk is drawed fully
Can z33 have adding/moving/removing objects via InSim, please? That will be awesome and will give you some time to make new physics, Rockingham, Scirocoo while we will be making new type of cruise and drift servers.
I think we need another option to allow guest editing of the layout without giving an admin password out.
2 Things in here.

1) The name is colliding with the map. Never seen that myself before.
2) The fence or that thingy isnt covered all the way. There is this small space near the ground wich still seemed to be a wall.

Edit: I paused it exactly where the car had a collision so there hasnt been any collision detection before the next frame.
Attached images
Untitled.jpg
Would be horrible. @ Mr Nyan cat.
Because if you think about it some noob would just spam put items or something and ruin everyones day..
Quote from Squelch :Sorry I missed a step.

Basically it this happens when the replay is in pause mode. My recipe should have read

6.5 Follow car again

I still can't reproduce the bug. I've tried in an SPR and an MPR, if I am paused and following a car I can go backwards using the < key or clicking earlier on the replay time bar and it just stays with the car every time.
I tried too, and I can't reproduce either. I'm not locking the camera, only following, but it stays with the car while stepping backwards

@ Scawen: Did you consider my idea about the flickering issue?

I don't have Z28 anymore, but I will reinstall it to test one of my layouts, that makes you drive on top of barriers (I want to check if it was possible too in Z28). However, driving carefully is necessary, as the tyre will eventually glitch.
Quote from Bokujishin :Regarding the flickering issue (apparently not entirely solved?), do you think raising the chalk objects a tiny bit above the ground would help?

Well, that was how I reduced it. LFS does a search for chalk and pitbox objects, and raises them about 10mm above the ground, whereas before they were sometimes only 3mm above in some places, 5mm in others, etc.

If I put them up to 5cm then there is no flickering at all, but the chalk is then visibly floating in the air, intersecting car tyres and so on. So I've just tried to find a good value where there isn't too much flickering and not too much chalk and paint floating in the air.

By the way, 24-bit Z-buffer depth should help, if you are currently set to 16-bit (Options - Graphics).
Scawen just a suggestion:

http://www.geforce.com/#/Optimize/Guides/ambient-occlusion

LFS will look much better with this small tweak. And it will remove the shadow bugs.

/LFS is not supported in the nvidia control panel but i think if they test the game they will enable it/
Thank You Scawen....
@BOSCHO: Not everybody is using Nvida Graphic Cards...
Quote from vistaman :@BOSCHO: Not everybody is using Nvida Graphic Cards...

Well yes but it is nice this function to e available for the nvidia users.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z30 (NOW Z34 - old content / old physics / many updates)
(1442 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG