The online racing simulator
Hmm, I don't know what you mean.

"handlebars" is the thing you hold when you ride a bike, and I have not talked about them.
A bike? Hahahaha...

Possible.... Possible...
I believe he is using Google Translator and - looking at his post count - he think we can understand him. Do we?

Scawen would it be possible to implement an option into the game to disable the CPW protection for a server. We already can do this via Victor by adding a server name to CPW exempt list, but it would be nice to have just option on the server creation screen to enable or disable cheat protection
Quote from Scawen :Hmm, I don't know what you mean.

"handlebars" is the thing you hold when you ride a bike, and I have not talked about them.

I mean the steering wheel of a car in LFS, and the steering wheel as a device (such as logitech momo)
Quote from Amynue :Scawen would it be possible to implement an option into the game to disable the CPW protection for a server. We already can do this via Victor by adding a server name to CPW exempt list, but it would be nice to have just option on the server creation screen to enable or disable cheat protection

What would be the purpose of the protection then? Everyone would be able to turn it off.
Quote from Flame CZE :What would be the purpose of the protection then? Everyone would be able to turn it off.

On by default, off by server admins choice...it's essentially the same as it is now but without the jumping through hoops.

I would prefer to see it as an LFSWorld option, like the track cutting checks.
This would make it easier to control on a dedicated server without the need to restart it.
Quote from Flame CZE :What would be the purpose of the protection then? Everyone would be able to turn it off.

Some people don't need the cheat protection - people playing with tweaks, slick mods and such - and some people need it - the rest.
BTW that cheat protection doesn't work.
Quote from Amynue :I believe he is using Google Translator and - looking at his post count - he think we can understand him. Do we?

Scawen would it be possible to implement an option into the game to disable the CPW protection for a server. We already can do this via Victor by adding a server name to CPW exempt list, but it would be nice to have just option on the server creation screen to enable or disable cheat protection

I am thinking of adding this option but not so openly - not on the start new host screen, wasting screen space and needing translation strings, when people shouldn't even be hacking LFS anyway. The main reason we tolerate it is to reduce cheating on normal servers.

So what I want to do is add a command line option /modified=yes and this will do 3 things :

1) host appears "modified" in the list of hosts
2) password is required
3) no cheat protection

So that means you will need to start your dedicated host with that command line (or an instance of your client version in dedicated mode).

I hope that will be ok, and help to keep modifiers off the normal servers.
just gona ask again, did u miss my Q or just didt want to answer it ??
Quote from Scawen :

So what I want to do is add a command line option /modified=yes and this will do 3 things :

Would this be useable by an admin on server/via remote without a server restart required ?
Quote from Mr_Lonely :just gona ask again, did u miss my Q or just didt want to answer it ??

I just didn't want to answer it, because it is off topic and I can't answer all posts. If you would just imagine, I'm trying to do loads of work, trying to get an update ready tomorrow with very complicated things in it, and when I start answering questions, there are more questions (really, that does happen) then I can't do any work at all.

Quote from Mr_Lonely :on an side Q.

is it possible for you in some upcoming patch to increase the steering angle?
I wasent there myself when s1 had her race, but i have heard that the steering angle was around 50 degrees.

since drifting is so large and growing, it would be nice to have larger steering angle.
it dosent need to be stock in the cars, just in the set, u could increes the angle..

I think this may be covered in the later version, where we will have a host option to have limited setups or extreme setups. But it is not in the scope of this current patch.

Quote from Bean0 :Would this be useable by an admin on server/via remote without a server restart required ?

I've added a note to see if that is possible.
Quote from Scawen :I just didn't want to answer it, because it is off topic and I can't answer all posts. If you would just imagine, I'm trying to do loads of work, trying to get an update ready tomorrow with very complicated things in it, and when I start answering questions, there are more questions (really, that does happen) then I can't do any work at all.

no worries, just thought u missed it.

i didnt want it in any patch soon, just wanted to know if it was planed..

Quote from Scawen :
I think this may be covered in the later version, where we will have a host option to have limited setups or extreme setups. But it is not in the scope of this current patch.

and that sounds promising.
Quote from Squelch :
At the moment we still have pit lane infractions which imho could be removed until such a thing happens too.

Quote from Scawen :Actually we have been adding support so that the race progress and race history on LFS World do work with custom layouts (on open configurations or standard configurations). Only for races with a grid, not autocross time trials with an autocross start position.

Within that scope, is it possible to disable pit lane infractions for layouts where an autocross start has been placed?

I fully agree that it should work for a full race grid, but sometimes the pit lane can be included in a time trial. The issue I'm having is the speeding penalty where the pit is actually superfluous in these scenarios. Looking at some of the cruise server replays, this is also a problem for them too, and the infraction is reset by resorting to scripting.
Quote from Scawen :people shouldn't even be hacking LFS anyway

I totally agree with that, but sadly that last cheat protection update didn't affected hackers, it just made life harder for people playing with tweaks at private servers.

Quote from Scawen :The main reason we tolerate it is to reduce cheating on normal servers.

Cheating in normal servers has nothing to do with tweaking a car to the same values as your friends and having fun driving with them.
Chearers/hackers are people who modify their game to gain unfair advantage over other players at the server.

Example:

Normal server:
Player 1 - XRT - 247hp
Player 2 - XRT - 247hp
Player 3 - XRT - 247hp
Fair - OK - having fun possible

Normal server with a hacker in it:
Player 1 - XRT - 247hp
Player 2 - XRT - 600hp < hacker
Player 3 - XRT - 247hp
Unfair - Wrong - Player 1 and Player 3 have difficulties with having fun

Modified server:
Player 1 - XRT - 500hp
Player 2 - XRT - 500hp
Player 3 - XRT - 500hp
Fair - OK - having fun possible

Hope that explains the difference betwen "tweakers" and hackers/cheaters clearly. Just please don't put "tweakers" in the same bin as cheaters, they didn't deserve it.

Quote from Scawen :So what I want to do is add a command line option /modified=yes and this will do 3 things :

1) host appears "modified" in the list of hosts
2) password is required
3) no cheat protection

So that means you will need to start your dedicated host with that command line (or an instance of your client version in dedicated mode).

I hope that will be ok, and help to keep modifiers off the normal servers.

Sounds good to me Is this planed for that series of test patches?

Also, I would suggest to block the possibility of creating/joining modified servers for demo drivers. You don't want them to play around with a XRG tweaked to XRT or even XRR specs without buying a license, do you?
Quote from Amynue :I totally agree with that, but sadly that last cheat protection update didn't affected hackers, it just made life harder for people playing with tweaks at private servers.

Cheating in normal servers has nothing to do with tweaking a car to the same values as your friends and having fun driving with them.
Chearers/hackers are people who modify their game to gain unfair advantage over other players at the server.

But that will be the whole point of limited setups when they are introduced. My understanding is that server admins will then have the choice to allow full or limited setups to make it fairer.

When tweaks are used - which really is a hack - it starts to get a little more complicated. I guess from Scawens point of view, any bug reports may be rendered invalid because of some artefact that the tweak has introduced.
Quote from Squelch :
Quote from BOSCHO :
3. When i minimize the game and open it up again the FFB of the wheel turns off but in the controls menu is on. I need to turn it off and on again to start functionating.

Have you tried SHIFT+C - Restore controller?
It is suggested somewhere (readme?) that minimising should be avoided, and Shift+F4 used instead.

My controller ffb drops when LFS has been minimised too btw.

I think I've found a workaround for this, and also for those that forget to connect their controller before starting LFS.

Go to options - controls and toggle between mouse/keyboard and wheel/joystick. This seems to reset the controller completely which also allows an undetected controller to be used.
How it works the VoB mod detection?

Becuase i have a RB4 VoB mod ( For test the new detection system ) and joined a z30/31 server and never got kiked...
Quote from Inouva :How it works the VoB mod detection?

Becuase i have a RB4 VoB mod ( For test the new detection system ) and joined a z30/31 server and never got kiked...

There are two tools for making vob mods. One of them is messing the collision box of cars and the other one does not. Mod you are using was probably done with that second tool and that means it's a clearly visual modification (like a dds) and it doesn't affect collisions, physics, etc.
Not like I'm modding vobs by myself, I just heard that somewhere...
Quote from Amynue :There are two tools for making vob mods. One of them is messing the collision box of cars and the other one does not. Mod you are using was probably done with that second tool and that means it's a clearly visual modification (like a dds) and it doesn't affect collisions, physics, etc.
Not like I'm modding vobs by myself, I just heard that somewhere...

Dont think so, the mod have a rb4 with a GTR spoiler and a rollcage inside...
Quote from kutu :is it possible to add FullScreen+Windowed mode as well as in StarCraft2

its like a window but on fullscreen and without window border

good for custom gauges developers, who want to see own gauges over the lfs, but still driving in fullscreen mode

and good for streamers, but need extra feature is no turn off sound if LFS not in focus

Are you talking about borderless mode?, I don't think scawen would add it.

Quote from Inouva :How it works the VoB mod detection?

If you drive a car with the collision detection of the exact track you are driving so every car goes flying. = Game logic interference = kick

Modifying to make a spoiler and a rollcage = visual
Quote from Inouva :Dont think so, the mod have a rb4 with a GTR spoiler and a rollcage inside...

Having these parts on the car doesn't necessarily mean the collisions are changed. If your mod changes the appearance only, you can have your GTR spoiler, but it will not detect collisions.
Well, that's only what I think about it

By the way Scawen, are collision issues that are not directly caused by the new detection system considered off-topic here? Because I did a few tests in various situations to make the car bug (like driving on barriers, and a tyre deforms strangely before ejecting the car). However I don't really know whether they are caused by the new system or a previously present bug.

EDIT:
Quote from TehPaws3D :Are you talking about borderless mode?, I don't think scawen would add it.

Borderless windows can be easily achieved via autohotkey scripts. I have one that can do that (you must install AutoHotKey to launch the script).
Attached files
noborder script.rar - 568 B - 319 views
mhm yee. Wasnt checking test patch forum since Z30 was out

What's gonna be added/fixed in Z32?
Quote from vistaman :mhm yee. Wasnt checking test patch forum since Z30 was out

What's gonna be added/fixed in Z32?

Quote from Scawen :

I'm aiming for Friday.

Optimised transparent objects (e.g. fences) to help open configs
Adding / removing autocross objects no longer resets all objects
Much better frame rate with many autocross objects (faster draw)
Reduced Z-buffer flickering of chalk objects and pit stop markers

^
-
(bmwe30m3) DELETED by Scawen : spam and responses to spam
-
(aroX123) DELETED by Scawen : spam and responses to spam
-
(bmwe30m3) DELETED by Scawen : spam and responses to spam
-
(cargame.nl) DELETED by Scawen : spam and responses to spam
-
(Bokujishin) DELETED by Scawen : spam and responses to spam
-
(imthebestracerthereis) DELETED by Scawen : spam and responses to spam
today is the way out patch))) and I'm at home already
Quote from Scawen :...
Reduced Z-buffer flickering of chalk objects and pit stop markers

Can't wait to finally drive on a flicker-free Aston tbh. Keep up the good work!
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z30 (NOW Z34 - old content / old physics / many updates)
(1442 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG