The online racing simulator
Not particularly buggy
Quote from Scawen :I will do that incompatible version. But it's possible I may first release a fully compatible one with various compatible fixes, so you have those already when I start to work on any incompatible features and fixes.

That is very considerate! I really appreciate your willingness to consider that option

Anyway, I wanted to say thanks for taking the time to do an interim release.

Thanks
Is anyone else getting kicked off with a JOOS car error with no VOB mods? It's a heavily modded LFS (texture wise), but nothing done to modify the car shape.

see YouTube vid - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jA-hy7GDEc
It should be simple, really, clean install and then see if it works. If it does, start putting your textures etc back in, if it doesn't then dunno
Quote from boothy :would it be possible to implement a positions list for autocross/open layouts, which updates on crossing of splits, rather than real time? The positions list is quite important, and would make everything a lot easier in autocross/open tracks.

+1

Also Victor, LFS remote is pretty messed up with the new patch (positions wise), though it has the correct info to make it work
After some racing yesterday i can say that crash detection works a lot better now, in all situations (car-car, car-barrier, car-tires etc)

I remember the scattered tires on FE being mischievous suspension breakers, now they do next to nothin to the car.
I don't now how he go there but..
Attached images
Untitle123d.jpg
Untitle1423d.jpg
Bosho,that's nothing special - at first test patch evening there were full screen with those from track escaped cars in cargame server. I guess there are no limits anymore since configs are open.
Howdy.

Doubt it Eclipsed, sometimes when you fall off the track, you just continue untill your spectated.
Here ya go (picture by Litro):

Later there were people even further away...
Two places here where you get stopped dead by hitting nothing,

happens when driving close to the wall on fern bay, happens in open config and any usual config in these two places:
Attached images
lfs_00000171.jpg
lfs_00000170.jpg
i dont know if its been reported already, but somehow im not satisfied with SHIFT + U mod.
earlier on patch z28 i was used to create my layouts from helicopter view, but now when im pressing "V" nothing happens, view isnt changing.

maybe ive missed something, and there has been discussions about this, sorry then, im just curious
Quote from Jimmy_Lemon :Two places here where you get stopped dead by hitting nothing,

happens when driving close to the wall on fern bay, happens in open config and any usual config in these two places:

That was reported and I've been looking at the fix over the weekend. I understand the problem and the fix will be in the next test patch.

Quote from BADLVBOY :i dont know if its been reported already, but somehow im not satisfied with SHIFT + U mod.
earlier on patch z28 i was used to create my layouts from helicopter view, but now when im pressing "V" nothing happens, view isnt changing.

maybe ive missed something, and there has been discussions about this, sorry then, im just curious

The V key now cycles between any stored views you have saved (CTRL + NUMBER).

SHIFT+U mode doesn't have a "high" and "low" view any more because it is completely free. You can move in and out from the mouse pointer's target point using the mouse wheel. To gain altitude, a good way is to point the mouse cursor near the bottom of your screen and move the wheel towards you.

A very useful feature I use all the time is the two button rotate. Point the mouse cursor at the point you wish to rotate around, press LEFT+RIGHT and you can rotate around the target point.
Shift + U now uses one practically limitless camera. Just point your view at the ground and scroll down on your scoll wheel and the camera quickly backs itself up into the sky. The 'handling' of the camera may take some time to get use to if you haven't used it before.

Edit: Scawen beat me to it.

I would like to ask for, in future updates, a Shift + U feature that allows you to group objects so that they can be moved or copied together, instead of having to move all the pieces 1 by 1.
Quote from Rappa Z :Shift + U now uses one practically limitless camera. Just point your view at the ground and scroll down on your scoll wheel and the camera quickly backs itself up into the sky. The 'handling' of the camera may take some time to get use to if you haven't used it before.

Edit: Scawen beat me to it.

I would like to ask for, in future updates, a Shift + U feature that allows you to group objects so that they can be moved or copied together, instead of having to move all the pieces 1 by 1.

+1
on that..! have wanted it for so long.. its an pain in the ass if u just want to move an corner little futher if ur making an replica..
Quote from ACCAkut :After some racing yesterday i can say that crash detection works a lot better now, in all situations (car-car, car-barrier, car-tires etc)

I remember the scattered tires on FE being mischievous suspension breakers, now they do next to nothin to the car.

I can not agree with that.
For example: Yesterday me and 2 teammates went cruising on a Z30-server with OTC (open track configuration) and when I wanted to push my teammate slowly into the pits,
-------------------------------------------------------------------
he began to move 5m in front of me!!!
his engine was off and he didn't brake
I didn't even touch him and he got pushed by my car!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
It happened with 2 XFGs

And in some other races you just fly away if you get contact with some other car...
It definately needs a rework.

EDIT:
I can't open the replay with mprEdit v0.4.0, so I upload the whole replay for you on Rapidshare!
It happens between 2h 7min. - 2h 9min.
https://rapidshare.com/files/459278107/AS5X_27R.mpr
please have a look at it
I noticed that high speed collisions are sometimes strange with this test patch.
I was in BL1 with the BF1 and hit the wall in T1 at almost 300 km/h and I just went through the wall. Tested with other cars (mostly GTR) and any collision above 200-220 km/h here makes the car fly.

I also tried to push a UF1 with my XRT and the UF1 kind of "shakes" when I push it (don't remember if it was already the case in Z28 though).

Good work nonetheless, I hope you'll be able to fix all these bugs
Quote from DeadWolfBones :btw, maybe you should post some of your photos in the Camera Showoff thread in the Off-Topic forum. Lots of us do in fact get out of our houses and take some photos ourselves.

Suppose I may do that When im not working im out covering photography/filming!
thanks devs,job well done
If you would like to add a LFS the "Add to Favorites" playlist server. Convenient in my opinion. Can be added or removed from the "Favorites" list servers.
Quote from Scawen :That was reported and I've been looking at the fix over the weekend. I understand the problem and the fix will be in the next test patch.

Do you want us to point out more places where we find this same error , or is it something auto generated ?

Just making sure, because i found a couple more places. (most of them are around the starting grid / pit wall)
Quote from phoenixIlooka :I can not agree with that

strange, but maybe its down to my relatively low internet speed. Any bigger hit by another car did send me flying or spinning around the track, now not anymore. No change in internet speed btw. And the contact with moveable objects physics are better, not perfect of cause but really noticeable compared to older version (plough through the tires scattered round FE, those killed your suspension instantly. Not in Z30. I kept looking at the suspension screen after each hit but no damage)

About those strange crashes with the FE pitwall, I had those too. But 'av been already reported numerous times
#425 - SJB
Why dont you publish this in the news section on lfs.net as test patch???
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG