The online racing simulator
Test Patch Z30 (NOW Z34 - old content / old physics / many updates)
(1455 posts, closed, started )
Quote from spiderbait90 :Here is an SPR of the ghost collision, 1st lap, hairpin on SO5R.

Well done! :up: Thank you very much for that.

I'll get onto debugging it this evening or tomorrow and I'll let you know how I get on.
host name what ?
Can we get an option in multiplier races to save an SPR. This would allow us to save the reply as our client sees it and not as the final outcome that the MPR has. I think it would help you with your debugging.

[Edit]: Apparently Broken has already suggested this here.
Quote from Dygear :Can we get an option in multiplier races to save an SPR. This would allow us to save the reply as our client sees it and not as the final outcome that the MPR has. I think it would help you with your debugging.

[Edit]: Apparently Broken has already suggested this here.

Wake up mate

I must have driven that corner a hundred times now to try and replicate the issue. Every time I'm on the throttle later than Spiderbait, It's just a difference in driving style I suppose.

Can anyone else replicate this?
Scawen, would it be possible to have more colour options in the driver names? More colours or a custom slider like for the wheels?
-
(sil3ntwar) DELETED by sil3ntwar
Quote from Scawen :Yellow flags are not easy, because they become quite annoying if LFS doesn't know if a car is in a safe place. It uses the path to know if a car is parked or stopped off line in a safe place and this is impossible without path information.

Have you (or Victor) considered releasing a path file editor? Im sure many layout makers will make paths aswell for their layouts.
Quote from Dygear :Funny, I'm getting the same thing with the Intel HD Graphics (Built into the i3-2100T). Although for that, I get a black screen while in the main menu system. Seems to have something to do with the AF level. Anything above baseline (IIRC) causes the menus the go black. But as long as I'm in a MPR, or SPR, on connected to a server everything renders fine. (That was until the latest drives that made the game look like crap with anything less then an above baseline AF setting.)

Ok, I found the root cause for this. Any AF level works just fine, it is the AA level that causes the screen to go black for me in LFS. Even an AA level of x2 causes the problem. It's again only on the menus tho. Anywhere else (like in game, while physics is running) is just fine.
Hmm... so let me get this straight. The BL rally sections are no longer accessible in the open track configs? If so may I ask why this was done? I really don't see a reason to, it makes the open configs useless for BL, doesn't help anyone afaik, and just takes a fun option away. Not trying to offend, but I won't be downloading Z33 if this is the case. Still happy with Z28 and Z32 for now.
Quote from jrs_4500 :Hmm... so let me get this straight. The BL rally sections are no longer accessible in the open track configs? If so may I ask why this was done? I really don't see a reason to, it makes the open configs useless for BL, doesn't help anyone afaik, and just takes a fun option away. Not trying to offend, but I won't be downloading Z33 if this is the case. Still happy with Z28 and Z32 for now.

You have the wrong end of the stick. BL rally sections are still there for open configs. The only differences are that barriers along the sides of those sections are back. This means you cannot drive into the lake for example.

There is no obligation to download any of these test patches. They are exactly that - for testing and bug reports.
Hi Scawen ive made a layout and added some Ai's but they think that there is no layout there so they just slam into objects thinking that they are on the normal track.

ps: the layout was not OOS.
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :Are you kidding me? I thought 5,5 fps is fps what you cant race properly...

It is! You can easily race with fps lower than that! Like, uhm, 11.
Quote from eddy678 :[...] they think that there is no layout there so they just slam into objects thinking that they are on the normal track.

This is not test patch related. The AI don't recognize autocross objects at all.

Flame made it clear in the thread you created;
Quote :They know their racing line on the official tracks, nothing more.

Quote from Dygear :Ok, I found the root cause for this. Any AF level works just fine, it is the AA level that causes the screen to go black for me in LFS. Even an AA level of x2 causes the problem. It's again only on the menus tho. Anywhere else (like in game, while physics is running) is just fine.

I get a black screen only if I'm in window mode and have another programm running that uses overlay graphic of some sort(in my case its ICQ). When I turn it of its fine.
Quote from Silverracer :This is not test patch related. The AI don't recognize autocross objects at all.

Flame made it clear in the thread you created;

This is test patch related.

We are now able to place AutoX objects on all tracks as a result of the recent changes. There is a bug (or oversight), but not the original one eddy678 is reporting. See my update for an explanation.
Quote from spiderbait90 :Here is an SPR of the ghost collision, 1st lap, hairpin on SO5R.

Thanks again! This is now fixed and I plan to release it today before 6 pm (also with blue flags working on open configs).

From your replay I was able to extract the exact values for the collision test that produced the false collision, then I could go through step by step in the debugger.

Technical explanation :

When the collision test overlaps the end of a segment, the test ray is shortened - this is the key to the pit garage exit false collisions fix. But in some cases the ray would have been shortened to zero or negative length. This was detected by LFS (to avoid numerical overflows). The bug was that in that case, LFS didn't shorten the test ray and just carried on doing the test with the original ray (testing against extrapolations of surfaces, too far beyond the end of the segment). Usually that made no difference, but if a segment had quite a lot of curvature, the effect could be very wrong, because the extension of the curves could be far from the surface of the track (or wall, etc). The solution is simple : don't do the test at all if the test ray would be made so short. There were two ways for this to happen, one of which took place in the replay, both now fixed.

Now when I watch your replay, there is no false collision, the replay just goes OOS after that point, because the cars ends up in a different place.
Will it be still compatible?

That was the last bug that keeped my attention to not to use this test patch in important races. Now I/we can play on a normal basis on Z3x
Quote from Scawen :Thanks again! This is now fixed and I plan to release it today before 6 pm (also with blue flags working on open configs).

From your replay I was able to extract the exact values for the collision test that produced the false collision, then I could go through step by step in the debugger.

That is good news indeed. Thanks for the technical explanation too.

Does this mean that some of the other phantom "bumps" will be ironed out too? I'm referring in particular to the start finish line at Westhill where there is a definite bump registered by the car at high speed, but there does not appear to be anything there at all when inspected closely.
thanks scawen for the help
Quote from Squelch :You have the wrong end of the stick. BL rally sections are still there for open configs. The only differences are that barriers along the sides of those sections are back. This means you cannot drive into the lake for example.

There is no obligation to download any of these test patches. They are exactly that - for testing and bug reports.

Thanks for clearing that up Squelch, I was really confused about it. Downloading Z33 next time I run LFS!
Quote from jrs_4500 :Thanks for clearing that up Squelch, I was really confused about it. Downloading Z33 next time I run LFS!

No problem.

You might want to read up before grabbing Z33, as there will possibly be another patch this evening.
Quote from Squelch : I'm referring in particular to the start finish line at Westhill where there is a definite bump registered by the car at high speed, but there does not appear to be anything there at all when inspected closely.

Yes, it would to be nice to get rid of that skip you get crossing the line. I wonder if that is a result of the shortened rays Scawen mentioned.
Quote from gandlers :Yes, it would to be nice to get rid of that skip you get crossing the line. I wonder if that is a result of the shortened rays Scawen mentioned.

It has been there for long.
hi
i'm not sure if its bug or not.

But sometimes mine esc button wont work anymore ingame.
i have tried many keyboards and control + esc keycombi is still working.
To fix the problem i need reboot my pc :worried:
i have this problem since z30.

And the worst thing of all, i cant reproduce it. Because it happens randomly
Last time i was working in shift+U mode.

edit: its working again. didnt reboot my pc , and i really dont how i fixed it.
Quote from Whiskey :Will it be still compatible?

Yes, Z34 is supposed to be the last compatible patch before the incompatible fixes and updates.

Quote from Squelch :I'm referring in particular to the start finish line at Westhill where there is a definite bump registered by the car at high speed, but there does not appear to be anything there at all when inspected closely.

The finish line at Westhill is just too level - a flat spot in the track where the track is on a slope, so it seems like a dip when you are going uphill or a bump if you are coming the other way.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z30 (NOW Z34 - old content / old physics / many updates)
(1455 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG