The online racing simulator
Yes, if you delete the start point, then shift+p and rejoin you'll still appear at the start poiint. Once you /restart the race without the start point you'll appear back on the grid...
OK, got it now, thank you. :up:
I don't know if these two "bugs" have been reported before, but I've read almost every post in this thread, and I've never seen a post about them.

- When you are on the track, if you press SHIFT+O+P at the same time, There is a message that says "Player pitted", and the Options menu shows up. When you hit Escape, the Options menu disappears, but it is as if you're a spectator. You have to hit SHIFT+P to go to the pits.

- The second isn't really a big deal, but when you are on a Rallycross open config, and you have Rally tires on, You get a Warning: Rallycross tires on Road Track message. I guess this message is kind of pointless since it's an open configuration. You can be racing on asphalt or on dirt.
Good bug reports - now noted - thanks.
Quote from lavigne165 :- The second isn't really a big deal, but when you are on a Rallycross open config, and you have Rally tires on, You get a Warning: Rallycross tires on Road Track message. I guess this message is kind of pointless since it's an open configuration. You can be racing on asphalt or on dirt.

This bug was already reported by me on 2nd May in this post
Quote from lavigne165 :Apologies, good sir. I must have missed your post

But the good thing is that Scawen might have missed it too and he noted it after he had seen your post
Good to see that LFS isn't dead, after all, even if it seems that way. Would be nice to see the front page get updated more often though, even if nothing of interest is going off. At least people coming to the site for news see that people are still here and care about the game.

Patch Z34 is a VAST improvement on Z28... lots of those annoying bugs have been fixed (although a few new ones have been added!). I used to get very frustrated with LFS because it was, in my opinion, "almost there". Finally there is real promise in this game, and I look forward to the new physics and content, whenever that arrives. Would be nice to see some improved defaults as regards viewpoints in the vehicles - I find that all the default viewpoints give a very bad feel to driving, and each vehicle has its own ideal viewpoints, so perhaps some work needs to go into providing realistic default viewpoints for each vehicle. Love the open configurations - finally we're able to create our own routes! Would be nice if the autocross editor enabled all objects for all tracks, regardless of which track was selected.
Quote from didomusicuk :Would be nice if the autocross editor enabled all objects for all tracks, regardless of which track was selected.

That's what Scawen is working on
Hello

I found a bug in the configuration SO5 (LFS S2 Z34)

babol.mpr Time 2:20 min

And a second bug in that the indentation before the body is physical contact with the barrier as seen in the video and replay
(the same place as before)

Babol2.zip
Attached images
lfs_00000003.jpg
lfs_00000004.jpg
lfs_00000005.jpg
Attached files
babol.mpr - 44.8 KB - 338 views
Babol2.zip - 282.6 KB - 428 views
Quote from didomusicuk :...Would be nice to see some improved defaults as regards viewpoints in the vehicles - I find that all the default viewpoints give a very bad feel to driving, and each vehicle has its own ideal viewpoints, so perhaps some work needs to go into providing realistic default viewpoints for each vehicle...

Well, there are more then enough view settings options in "view" menu that can make everyone happy. Left, right, up, down, turn head, g-force reaction settings... you can do what ever you like there and set it as your own default.
Quote from Lucas McFly :Hello - attachment - attachment - Goodbye

Yeah this happens to me as well.

Although I don't understand the 2nd one.
hi i have discovered a weird problem with my lfsdedi.

When i or some other guests joined my own server i receive a message with FATAL NET ERROR : NOTCONN in the lfsdedi window.

the guests wont be kicked out the server, but noone can join. it says : host not found blahblah

is it a UDP/TCP problem ??
Just noticed kinda annoying multiplayer bug.

While I'm typing replay name (after pressing 2 button), force feedback gets disabled. Doesn't happens while e.g. writting message in chat
Quote from E.Reiljans :Just noticed kinda annoying multiplayer bug.

While I'm typing replay name (after pressing 2 button), force feedback gets disabled. Doesn't happens while e.g. writting message in chat

It's old. Force feedback also disables when you entering options menu.
To be honest, I find this feature rather helpful. When I am driving on a straight and want to change something in the options quickly, I don't want my wheel to turn left and right when I am clicking something in the options. Now I can just position the wheel in straight position.
Quote from E.Reiljans :Just noticed kinda annoying multiplayer bug.

It's not a bug, It's a feature
-
(didomusicuk) DELETED by Scawen : spam / off topic / responses
-
(cargame.nl) DELETED by Scawen : spam / off topic / responses
-
(didomusicuk) DELETED by Scawen : spam / off topic / responses
Quote from Lucas McFly :Hello

I found a bug in the configuration SO5 (LFS S2 Z34)

Quote from THE WIZARD DK :
thats weird. because i had a crash in z34 in that same spot. i didnt go through that wall. but maybe its because i used XRT. havent tried it in FXR.(and i might add. it was ROCK solid) my xrt wasnt pretty after ;-)

I tried to replicate, but couldn't either. Is it possible that you have an incomplete patch update? I had something similar a couple of pages back where the version looked correct, but I could still see a problem in replays. A reinstall fixed it, but I still don't know how it went wrong.

[OT]
Quote from didomusicuk :In case you utterly failed to notice, this thread is about 40 miles long - consider it TL;DR. I merely wanted to say how I'm glad this game isn't dead. If you want to flame someone, sod off somewhere else and do it, ya wankshaft.

The Topic of this thread is "Test Patch Z30 (NOW Z34 - old ... d physics / many updates)" and is all about the recent changes, and for bug reports relating to these changes. I don't want to be accused of flaming, so want to politely point out that while your sentiments are probably welcomed, they are off topic as well as the request/suggestion over the views.

TL;DR?

Sorry but I must call you on that
Quote from didomusicuk :...
Then I discovered the test patches. I now run Z34, and check that thread religiously every day.

[/Forum Police][/OT]
-
(cargame.nl) DELETED by Scawen : spam / off topic / responses
-
(UnknownMaster21) DELETED by Scawen : spam / off topic / responses
-
(rockclan) DELETED by Scawen : spam / off topic / responses
Quote from Scawen :...in the Z30 to Z34 versions, the ramps at South City had too high an index that cannot be supported by the Z35 code. So all it means is that Z30 to Z34 replays with ramps in them will have no ramps if played in Z35.

Correction to this information...

The story with the ramps is :

- Ramp1 and Ramp2, like all autocross objects, will be available at all tracks.

- However... old test patch replays (Z30 to Z34) that contained Ramp1 or Ramp2 (at any track, not just South City) will not contain the ramps when played back in Z35. Other than that, test patch replays and old replays still do play back, except single player replays that were recorded on one of the intermediate physics versions, and a very small minority of old hotlap replays.

That's not a big deal at all in my opinion. I'm just correcting my previous statement that said this "problem" would only be at South City.

Progress :

The unified autocross objects system and the code that loads old layouts is all completed (except for a couple of remaining notes on my sheet) and working well. But I'm a day or two later than expected with that and as there are quite a few things on my "incompatible patch" list of things to do, plus some new bug reports, I can see that this will not be ready for release on Friday. But it's going well and will be a good patch when it's released, which I now expect to be next week.
Quote from Squelch :I tried to replicate, but couldn't either. Is it possible that you have an incomplete patch update? I had something similar a couple of pages back where the version looked correct, but I could still see a problem in replays. A reinstall fixed it, but I still don't know how it went wrong.

Testet again on "clean" version on LFS Z28 and Z34 on Car FXR and same bug occurs.
Quote from Lucas McFly :Testet again on "clean" version on LFS Z28 and Z34 on Car FXR and same bug occurs.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Got it!

It seems there is an optimum speed for it to happen.

I was able to reproduce in an FZ50 too, but as the replay shows, it only seems to happen at certain speeds.

At first I thought it might have been the fact that the car was damaged first.
Attached files
Squelch_SO5_FXR.spr - 15.3 KB - 330 views
Squelch_SO5_FZR_2.spr - 55.6 KB - 310 views
I just noticed the BF1 is more likely to go through the ground when hitting another car the wrong way. I know you're not supposed to come at another car at 300km/h but I had never gone through the ground until Z34 (did it twice in a row).
Quote from Squelch :Thanks for the confirmation.

Got it!

It seems there is an optimum speed for it to happen.

I was able to reproduce in an FZ50 too, but as the replay shows, it only seems to happen at certain speeds.

At first I thought it might have been the fact that the car was damaged first.

It happens to me no matter what the speed. It really does depend on where you hit the barrier though.
Attached files
Barrier South City.spr - 141.3 KB - 306 views
Quote from azasmith14 :It happens to me no matter what the speed. It really does depend on where you hit the barrier though.

Yes, looking carefully. it seems like it only happens when the centreline of the car hits the end of the barrier.

I checked the other end of that barrier and it seems fine. The car gets mashed, but I'd expect that.
Quote from Scawen :Correction to this information...

The story with the ramps is :

- Ramp1 and Ramp2, like all autocross objects, will be available at all tracks.

- However... old test patch replays (Z30 to Z34) that contained Ramp1 or Ramp2 (at any track, not just South City) will not contain the ramps when played back in Z35. Other than that, test patch replays and old replays still do play back, except single player replays that were recorded on one of the intermediate physics versions, and a very small minority of old hotlap replays.

That's not a big deal at all in my opinion. I'm just correcting my previous statement that said this "problem" would only be at South City.

Progress :

The unified autocross objects system and the code that loads old layouts is all completed (except for a couple of remaining notes on my sheet) and working well. But I'm a day or two later than expected with that and as there are quite a few things on my "incompatible patch" list of things to do, plus some new bug reports, I can see that this will not be ready for release on Friday. But it's going well and will be a good patch when it's released, which I now expect to be next week.

I think I just midread your earlier post but this post makes it clear as much as possible.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG