The online racing simulator
Quote from eddy678 :[...] they think that there is no layout there so they just slam into objects thinking that they are on the normal track.

This is not test patch related. The AI don't recognize autocross objects at all.

Flame made it clear in the thread you created;
Quote :They know their racing line on the official tracks, nothing more.

Quote from Dygear :Ok, I found the root cause for this. Any AF level works just fine, it is the AA level that causes the screen to go black for me in LFS. Even an AA level of x2 causes the problem. It's again only on the menus tho. Anywhere else (like in game, while physics is running) is just fine.

I get a black screen only if I'm in window mode and have another programm running that uses overlay graphic of some sort(in my case its ICQ). When I turn it of its fine.
Quote from Silverracer :This is not test patch related. The AI don't recognize autocross objects at all.

Flame made it clear in the thread you created;

This is test patch related.

We are now able to place AutoX objects on all tracks as a result of the recent changes. There is a bug (or oversight), but not the original one eddy678 is reporting. See my update for an explanation.
Quote from spiderbait90 :Here is an SPR of the ghost collision, 1st lap, hairpin on SO5R.

Thanks again! This is now fixed and I plan to release it today before 6 pm (also with blue flags working on open configs).

From your replay I was able to extract the exact values for the collision test that produced the false collision, then I could go through step by step in the debugger.

Technical explanation :

When the collision test overlaps the end of a segment, the test ray is shortened - this is the key to the pit garage exit false collisions fix. But in some cases the ray would have been shortened to zero or negative length. This was detected by LFS (to avoid numerical overflows). The bug was that in that case, LFS didn't shorten the test ray and just carried on doing the test with the original ray (testing against extrapolations of surfaces, too far beyond the end of the segment). Usually that made no difference, but if a segment had quite a lot of curvature, the effect could be very wrong, because the extension of the curves could be far from the surface of the track (or wall, etc). The solution is simple : don't do the test at all if the test ray would be made so short. There were two ways for this to happen, one of which took place in the replay, both now fixed.

Now when I watch your replay, there is no false collision, the replay just goes OOS after that point, because the cars ends up in a different place.
Will it be still compatible?

That was the last bug that keeped my attention to not to use this test patch in important races. Now I/we can play on a normal basis on Z3x
Quote from Scawen :Thanks again! This is now fixed and I plan to release it today before 6 pm (also with blue flags working on open configs).

From your replay I was able to extract the exact values for the collision test that produced the false collision, then I could go through step by step in the debugger.

That is good news indeed. Thanks for the technical explanation too.

Does this mean that some of the other phantom "bumps" will be ironed out too? I'm referring in particular to the start finish line at Westhill where there is a definite bump registered by the car at high speed, but there does not appear to be anything there at all when inspected closely.
thanks scawen for the help
Quote from Squelch :You have the wrong end of the stick. BL rally sections are still there for open configs. The only differences are that barriers along the sides of those sections are back. This means you cannot drive into the lake for example.

There is no obligation to download any of these test patches. They are exactly that - for testing and bug reports.

Thanks for clearing that up Squelch, I was really confused about it. Downloading Z33 next time I run LFS!
Quote from jrs_4500 :Thanks for clearing that up Squelch, I was really confused about it. Downloading Z33 next time I run LFS!

No problem.

You might want to read up before grabbing Z33, as there will possibly be another patch this evening.
Quote from Squelch : I'm referring in particular to the start finish line at Westhill where there is a definite bump registered by the car at high speed, but there does not appear to be anything there at all when inspected closely.

Yes, it would to be nice to get rid of that skip you get crossing the line. I wonder if that is a result of the shortened rays Scawen mentioned.
Quote from gandlers :Yes, it would to be nice to get rid of that skip you get crossing the line. I wonder if that is a result of the shortened rays Scawen mentioned.

It has been there for long.
hi
i'm not sure if its bug or not.

But sometimes mine esc button wont work anymore ingame.
i have tried many keyboards and control + esc keycombi is still working.
To fix the problem i need reboot my pc :worried:
i have this problem since z30.

And the worst thing of all, i cant reproduce it. Because it happens randomly
Last time i was working in shift+U mode.

edit: its working again. didnt reboot my pc , and i really dont how i fixed it.
Quote from Whiskey :Will it be still compatible?

Yes, Z34 is supposed to be the last compatible patch before the incompatible fixes and updates.

Quote from Squelch :I'm referring in particular to the start finish line at Westhill where there is a definite bump registered by the car at high speed, but there does not appear to be anything there at all when inspected closely.

The finish line at Westhill is just too level - a flat spot in the track where the track is on a slope, so it seems like a dip when you are going uphill or a bump if you are coming the other way.
Quote from Bass-Driver :hi
i'm not sure if its bug or not.

But sometimes mine esc button wont work anymore ingame.
i have tried many keyboards and control + esc keycombi is still working.
To fix the problem i need reboot my pc :worried:
i have this problem since z30.

And the worst thing of all, i cant reproduce it. Because it happens randomly
Last time i was working in shift+U mode.

edit: its working again. didnt reboot my pc , and i really dont how i fixed it.

This happens when you have Adobe Photoshop running.
Quote from Flame CZE :This happens when you have Adobe Photoshop running.

thx for that.

Is there a fix for it?? its annoying
and dont say: "Close adobe photoshop"
It works when you press SHIFT+Esc.
Great progress, Scawen. Blue flags on open configs will be very useful for the new IGTC season.
Quote from Scawen :Yes, Z34 is supposed to be the last compatible patch before the incompatible fixes and updates.

The finish line at Westhill is just too level - a flat spot in the track where the track is on a slope, so it seems like a dip when you are going uphill or a bump if you are coming the other way.

Ah ha! that explains it. The line painters used a spirit level then

Looking forward to the next round of test patches.
Quote from Bass-Driver :thx for that.

Photoshop CS5. There are some plugins to fix it, but people say that are not any better than presing Shift+Esc
Quote from Squelch :Ah ha! that explains it. The line painters used a spirit level then

Looking forward to the next round of test patches.

To make sure I'm clear : the incompatible changes to come are still in this run of test patches.

I need to enable qualifying and random red lights on open configs. I also want to finish the unification of the autocross objects system for all tracks and allow InSim to add and remove objects, and also report object collisions. That's about it, shouldn't take too long though realistically it might not be ready on Friday.

After that lot is tested we can release an official patch then I'll be back on the tyre physics, and several loud voices will think I've given up on Live for Speed, must be on a beach in the Bahamas, etc.
Quote from Bass-Driver :

When racing it's a good habit to close resource hungry processes like virus scanners, Photoshop or Firefox4 .. Especially the last one, which makes use of the GPU in a very bad way. (unless you switch hardware acceleration off, Options => Advanced).
Quote from cargame.nl :When racing it's a good habit to close resource hungry processes like virus scanners, Photoshop or Firefox4 .. Especially the last one, which makes use of the GPU in a very bad way. (unless you switch hardware acceleration off, Options => Advanced).

Thx Cargame, Whiskey and Flame CZE for helping
Quote from Scawen :After that lot is tested we can release an official patch then I'll be back on the tyre physics, and several loud voices will think I've given up on Live for Speed, must be on a beach in the Bahamas, etc.

And people will have a lot fun exploring new possibilities of open configs,so any moaning will be shut for a while for sure. That's good,but one thing I wanted to ask - is there any chance to add custom starting places (I mean many not just one for time trial) and custom pit stalls? Many of newly possible configurations are quite far away from original starting grids and pits,so it would have a great use to be able make custom ones. And would be very useful for autocross tracks,where is no pitstalls at all,but since barriers don't throw everyone up in sky by slight touch,more people would make some events there.
I bet it's been asked many times,but I'm not too long here active,so I don't know why it hasn't been already made...
You could go to Bahamas if you'd start pre-ordering S3.
Z34
Hi all, thanks for the testing so far. This should be a good one because that false collision bug should be fixed and blue flags should now work in open configurations.

There is a new Ukrainian translation included, so if you speak Ukrainian, please try it out and give feedback in the Language Packs section of the forum.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1582607#post1582607

FIX : Occasional false collision detections near segment ends
FIX : Endless auto car reset after falling into the underworld
Blue flag detection function for racing on open configurations
Dedicated host window now adds new messages without flickering
KY : No humps / tyres in open configs entering GP Long from Oval

Translations :

Greek translation is now up to date for the SHIFT+U mode updates
New Ukrainian translation included for testing (nearly finished)
Hungarian translations of training lessons updated
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z30 (NOW Z34 - old content / old physics / many updates)
(1442 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG