The online racing simulator
Test Patch Z30 (NOW Z34 - old content / old physics / many updates)
(1455 posts, closed, started )
Quote from NeOn_sp :everytime the race starts again, the direction changes.. And all your training and car set up go to trash..

So once F1 does Friday practice at a track, the wind doesn't change at all from that point through the weekend?

Erm no, I highly doubt the wind didn't change at all, just look at the more open tracks like Silverstone, it can change direction over a day let alone a weekend...
#927 - e.M
theres another use for this - making wind direction same in few servers for a league or smthing becouse wind can either make you slower or faster.
Quote from e.M :theres another use for this - making wind direction same in few servers for a league or smthing becouse wind can either make you slower or faster.

I agree with that, as then it's used the sync the servers. Although the first thing I would do after this was released is make a mod to ensure that the wind is at my back when I'm using the accelerator, and to over my front when I'm breaking.
Thanks for the unlock.
Yes, the reason why I´m suggesting about this, it´s for league use. I would like to have the same weather conditions in our 4 servers. At the moment, as LFS don´t allow us to have same wind conditions, so we have all our races without wind.

Quote from boothy :So once F1 does Friday practice at a track, the wind doesn't change at all from that point through the weekend?.

You can´t compare that. In lfs, you start a race, and it gives 5km/h and 80º direction. Ok.

If you restart again 10 second after that, and it gives totally different wind parameters..

Quote from Dygear :Although the first thing I would do after this was released is make a mod to ensure that the wind is at my back when I'm using the accelerator, and to over my front when I'm breaking.

That command just would work for next race. Or in entry screen, just like weather command do. That would solve the possible hack without any kind of problem.
Quote from NeOn_sp :You can´t compare that. In lfs, you start a race, and it gives 5km/h and 80º direction. Ok.

If you restart again 10 second after that, and it gives totally different wind parameters..

IRL a race restart isn't done in 10 seconds.

I think the real problem with minor changes in the wind ruining your race is that you drive too close to the limits of the car. I personally can't wait for dynamic weather and track conditions as that will force you to leave a margin of error.

The league part is totally valid though. Maybe ad a setting to group servers under same weather rotation.
Quote from Squelch :Thanks for confirming that. I'll try a fresh install and update from z28 instead. A broken update method is the only possibility I can think of.

It appears it was a broken update. I updated z31 to z32, and although it looked correct, I ran into problems while bug hunting. A fresh install of z28 and updating to z32 fixed the problem.

I'm posting this feedback so that it might be considered should any one else run into similar problems in future.

Please accept my apologies for wasting time.
I still get a freeze when the odd person leaves the pit garage, it was so bad yesterday I OOB'ed because of it...
Yes nice update, I need it !

Thank you
hello all

why the demo version can not load the circuit or bl1x bl2x ?

thx
Quote from delta13 :hello all

why the demo version can not load the circuit or bl1x bl2x ?

thx

demo users are restricted to BL1-2-3, you have not access to reverse and x/y
Would be good to have a completely new (official) layout, BL4 (BL1 without the annoying chicane)... But how this is not a request thread...
Annoying=I'm not fast around that chicane!
A little bug at Layouts (every track)

For example in BL1X normaly you are starting at the blackwood starting straid. once you made a starting point some where ( in de editor) the normal grid is not working anymore.

Even when you delete the start point again , then it still starts at the starting point. and not at the normal blackwood grid.

in-short Startings points cant be deleted on open configs
Have you tried restarting the race once the start point is gone (p.s. it's "straight" )
Quote from Ripley :Annoying=I'm not fast around that chicane!

How did you discover?

But, i really dont understand why there is a chicane right after a Hairpin... Makes sense for the reversed layout, but not for the normal...
Quote from Si Mclaren :How did you discover?

But, i really dont understand why there is a chicane right after a Hairpin... Makes sense for the reversed layout, but not for the normal...

Well, it makes sense in both ways, so practice and your problem whould be gone
But, some people doesnt like the chicane, and a new layout could create a option for who like the chicane and who doesnt...
Quote from DarkKostas :demo users are restricted to BL1-2-3, you have not access to reverse and x/y

thank you that's what I thought
it's a shame it would was interesant

thx
thx for the dev
Quote from Si Mclaren :But, some people doesnt like the chicane, and a new layout could create a option for who like the chicane and who doesnt...

If you don't want the chicane buy S1/S2 and you can run the open config layout
Quote from boothy :Have you tried restarting the race once the start point is gone (p.s. it's "straight" )

Yep, it will just restart on the (previously deleted) starting point, until you reload the complete layout without a custom start.
Progress
You'll be pleased to know that one more "flying cars" issue seems to be fixed in my version. In the attached Z32 replay, I reverse my XR GT into a barrier so that it intersects (because the current car collision system doesn't notice that). Then the wheel detects a contact with the top of the barrier and the car goes flying (because the penetration is deep, the force is great).

The wheel contact test ray now starts from the centre of the wheel, instead of above the wheel, so this penetration is not detected and the car just gets nudged outwards. I guess this same type of collision might happen between cars sometimes. Also this will stop that strange looking bug where a car can be pinned to a fence by its tyres.

The main thing this week is that I'm trying to unify the autocross objects system into a single file that is shared between all tracks. This has a few advantages :

1) All objects will be available on all tracks.
2) Each object will have the same object number on all tracks, helpful for external autocross editors or InSim programs that can add or remove objects.
3) Some of the objects can be optimised for graphics and physics (CPU time reduction).
4) Helpful in the development track editor.
5) If a new object is added or improved, it will be available at all tracks.

It's a bit dangerous to say what I'm working on, just in case it turns out that it can't be done. But I think it will be OK. There needs to be a conversion function to repair all the old layouts to use the new object numbers, automatically when loading. It will be multiplayer incompatible, so it will be time to do some other things on my list as well, like allowing qualifying in open configs and enabling the randomised start lights time. So I guess a Friday patch looks unlikely at this point.
Attached files
Z32_barrier.zip - 1.7 KB - 274 views
Liking the sound of this weeks aims, Scawen.

One thing I was wondering, Could you perhaps get in touch with Bluewind (creator of the extra objects for Blackwood) and have the croud stands etc included with a test patch?

In my opinion, The extra objects are fantastic! I think this would be a HUGE improvement to the game with not so much work needed as the objects have already been created and just need adding to a patch

Obviously im no game developer, but being on an ICT course in college and my uncle working with computers, games etc, I know a brief bit on this and can't see it being too hard?

Thanks for the effort lately
Nice progress.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z30 (NOW Z34 - old content / old physics / many updates)
(1455 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG