The online racing simulator
Quote from Cronick_ :I am very LAG with the tracks 'X', and the other is not 'X' is normal would be a bug?

sorry my bad english

Yes, the whole track is drawn on open configs, so FPS may be lower there.
Quote from Scawen :I don't know what you mean about the autocross lights, they seem to work ok. Maybe you are talking about the sequence of the lights? I can't change that easily, Eric did it how he wanted it, and it is stored in the lights object.

I've had people say that the lights don't work like the rest of the tracks - i.e. they have a predefined hold time on the red lights, so you can work out how long they will be on for, before going green, rather than the normal random delay.

Just tested it out in single player and it seems to be true: take KY2R for example - normally it goes 1 - 2 - 3 banks of red, then a delay between 1 and 2 seconds I timed on my stopwatch. But on KY2Y, it goes 1-2-3 red and then onto green much quicker, seems to be exactly 1 second on my watch
Quote from Scawen :I don't know what you mean about the autocross lights, they seem to work ok. Maybe you are talking about the sequence of the lights? I can't change that easily, Eric did it how he wanted it, and it is stored in the lights object.

I think he meant the way, the traffic lights switch to green, when you manually set a starting-point. Unlike the usual way, there is a 3 second countdown that makes the starting-procedure very predictable ...
So maybe give it a randomizer and keep the countdown "silent" ?!
Quote from Flame CZE :One question - I am wondering where is "Power Steering" text going to be used in the future? I mean, is it planned to be used by VWS, can you tell us or is it a secret for now?

It's just a setup feature in the unreleased version that allows the steering force to be reasonably consistent between cars, regardless of their weight and caster settings.

Quote from boothy :I've had people say that the lights don't work like the rest of the tracks - i.e. they have a predefined hold time on the red lights, so you can work out how long they will be on for, before going green, rather than the normal random delay.

Thanks, I'll have a look to see if that can be updated in the incompatible version. I think there will first be a compatible version, hopefully on Friday, then I'll get on with the few incompatible fixes and updates.
@wolf no

Must be a problem on your pc

With my pentiun 4 ( Socket 478 ) 3.2ghz HT, 1.5gb ram ddr1 and a hd2600 pro
in open track ( like aston ) in a cruise server with 32 cars all over the place and more that 600 objects i have from 30 to 60 fps on 1024x768 with 6x AA and 16x AF with all the LoD to max

The only place i have "low" fps is on south city at the start that the fps drops from 60 to 20 ( In the start, then it rise again to 50-60 fps stables )
Quote from boothy :I've had people say that the lights don't work like the rest of the tracks - i.e. they have a predefined hold time on the red lights, so you can work out how long they will be on for, before going green, rather than the normal random delay.

Just tested it out in single player and it seems to be true: take KY2R for example - normally it goes 1 - 2 - 3 banks of red, then a delay between 1 and 2 seconds I timed on my stopwatch. But on KY2Y, it goes 1-2-3 red and then onto green much quicker, seems to be exactly 1 second on my watch

Was this not also true of the BnJ layouts that CTRA used ?
I'm sure it's come up before.
Quote from Jimmy_Lemon :Core i5 2500K @ 5ghz, Win 7 64bit, Single ATI HD6970 (was planning on 2nd, but no need for any games out today) and finally 4gb ocz ddr3 ram duel channel

I've got i7-950 @ 3.5GHz, Win 7 64, GTX460 SLI and 6gb 2ghz ram.. on a full Openconfig server i have 60fps, capped ofc..

Yeah and I know that 2x 460's are better than 1x 6970.. But not that much tbh in LFS..
Re: the framerate issue on open configs... I've only really noticed it at SO with a full grid, which is stressful for many systems at the best of times. In that case I got down to ~40fps with some fluctuation.

System:
Athlon X2 5400+ BE @ 3.0ghz
HD 4850
4gb DDR2
would it be possible for the tires in the F9 view to go back to the size in Z28?
Minor bug
Quote :FIX : Text commands could be used to load layout in hotlap mode

This bug is in training lessons.

Edit:

Also one little thing, it would be good to enable SHIFT/CTRL + numeric keypad numbers to save/load/delete views. When I checked it, the numbers were assigned to any function, the only case is when you hold SHIFT + numpad 2,4,6,8, it moves the view but I don't think it's that important, tbh I've discovered that just now.
Dear Scawen, first sorry my english!!
My problem its, i run de new patch Z30, all ok, but when i unlock lfs S2 he says , unlocks of this week blabla.
I not unlock LFS S2 in last 3 months.
I thank you your cooperation. Regards!
Quote from Inouva : in a cruise server with 32 cars all over the place

Thats not the main problem. It's when all the cars are at the grid and are going for T1 when the worst conditions occur. Not when all cars are spread around the track environment.

Sadly T1 is one of the most critical things (shouldn't be, but some think it's very important :doh: )
Quote from Bean0 :Was this not also true of the BnJ layouts that CTRA used ?
I'm sure it's come up before.

i don't see what the big deal is, f1's lights aren't predetermined either... if anything they should completely randomize the time between all-red and green. that way people can't try jumping the gun on race start.
Quote from bunder9999 :i don't see what the big deal is, f1's lights aren't predetermined either... if anything they should completely randomize the time between all-red and green. that way people can't try jumping the gun on race start.

That's precisely the point - on "normal" tracks the lights are somewhat unpredictable, but on autocross (and it seems now on open too) tracks they are perfectly predictable. (Whether it's a bug or a feature though... down to taste. I prefer unpredictable )
When a layout is assigned to an open configuration, the number of laps seem to be controlled by the layout file settings. The laps can't be changed in the race settings screen. Is there a way around this limitation? I don't run a server, so maybe this is something that has been figured out a long time ago.
Quote from Feffe85 :I've got i7-950 @ 3.5GHz, Win 7 64, GTX460 SLI and 6gb 2ghz ram.. on a full Openconfig server i have 60fps, capped ofc..

Yeah and I know that 2x 460's are better than 1x 6970.. But not that much tbh in LFS..

I've got i7 980X @ 4.6GHz, Win 7 64-Ultimate, ATI Radeon HD5970 and 24GB DDR3 2256MHz ram, i have 150-250 fps on a openconfig server
Quote from cargame.nl :Thats not the main problem. It's when all the cars are at the grid and are going for T1 when the worst conditions occur. Not when all cars are spread around the track environment.

Sadly T1 is one of the most critical things (shouldn't be, but some think it's very important :doh: )

I Know dave, that why add the problem of Low fps on south city, also the worst case is in Kyoto national, in the turn after the oval section there is a masive fps drop if someon or 2 or 3 cars touch that objects ( The straw brick's *If is that the name ) otherwise the game runs pefectly

@scawen, you should update the system requirements for lfs in the main web page

With 2.0ghz,512ram and a Ati 8500/mx440 Geforce the games can run "Fine" in single player alone

For a online race with full grid you need at least a 2.8/3.0 ghz Pentiun 4 or AMD 3800+ 512/1gb ram and a Ati 9600/6200 Geforce

Just a suggestion

Quote from Gustavogr :Dear Scawen, first sorry my english!!
My problem its, i run de new patch Z30, all ok, but when i unlock lfs S2 he says , unlocks of this week blabla.
I not unlock LFS S2 in last 3 months.
I thank you your cooperation. Regards!

Mandale un mail a los desarolladores y pediles un Unlock extra
http://www.lfs.net/?page=contactus
Just wanted to say this new layout "X" is awesome for cruise servers etc. But i found this problem there is no skidmarks after i drift or burnout... Otherwise nice realease!
Quote from bunder9999 :i don't see what the big deal is, f1's lights aren't predetermined either... if anything they should completely randomize the time between all-red and green. that way people can't try jumping the gun on race start.

Quote from Neilser :That's precisely the point - on "normal" tracks the lights are somewhat unpredictable, but on autocross (and it seems now on open too) tracks they are perfectly predictable. (Whether it's a bug or a feature though... down to taste. I prefer unpredictable )

The new open configurations seem to have created a confusing hybrid.

On the one hand we have Autocross layouts, which, like rally stages, have a pre determined start window for the individual racers. The count down for this is fixed and does not have a random element.

On the other hand we have multiplayer races, which have a random pause before lights go green. This prevents drivers anticipating the start, and is a way to show the drivers reaction skills, and therefore spreading the start.

The former is correct for autocross layouts in my view, but because of the new hybrid, a full race on open configs is missing the random pause therefore allowing anticipated starts. Maybe there should be two race types allowed for. Autocross/Rally starts with full countdown, and Full Race starts with the random pause. The open configs have really opened a can of worms in some respects.
It quite simple: autocross/open with a start point = rally start, autocross/open from a grid = race start
I keep crashing when i enter a server (the X tracks).
Quote from bunder9999 :when you click multiplayer, there is an option marked "window while connecting", it always resets itself every patch.

does it still act funny with it off?

That was it, thanks
Quote from Scawen :Thanks, I'll have a look to see if that can be updated in the incompatible version. I think there will first be a compatible version, hopefully on Friday, then I'll get on with the few incompatible fixes and updates.

I raised this point (autocross start lights have a fixed delay) a long time ago, in the bugs section I think, and was told by an admin (or it might have been Victor) that it was designed that way on purpose because you're racing against the clock (or something along those lines).
Scawen: What are the chances of getting the Gearshift Debounce raised from its current value?
Quote from boothy :It quite simple: autocross/open with a start point = rally start, autocross/open from a grid = race start

You are absolutely correct
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :I raised this point (autocross start lights have a fixed delay) a long time ago, in the bugs section I think, and was told by an admin (or it might have been Victor) that it was designed that way on purpose because you're racing against the clock (or something along those lines).

Yes, that is traditionally how individual stages against the clock are run in many motorsports.

I hope we can have open full race starts and the autocross/rally starts as per Boothy and maintain compatibility.

@dawesdust_12
That is some serious switch bounce if it is greater than 250ms. Have you got dodgy hardware, or another purpose in mind?
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG