The online racing simulator
hello all

why the demo version can not load the circuit or bl1x bl2x ?

thx
Quote from delta13 :hello all

why the demo version can not load the circuit or bl1x bl2x ?

thx

demo users are restricted to BL1-2-3, you have not access to reverse and x/y
Would be good to have a completely new (official) layout, BL4 (BL1 without the annoying chicane)... But how this is not a request thread...
Annoying=I'm not fast around that chicane!
A little bug at Layouts (every track)

For example in BL1X normaly you are starting at the blackwood starting straid. once you made a starting point some where ( in de editor) the normal grid is not working anymore.

Even when you delete the start point again , then it still starts at the starting point. and not at the normal blackwood grid.

in-short Startings points cant be deleted on open configs
Have you tried restarting the race once the start point is gone (p.s. it's "straight" )
Quote from Ripley :Annoying=I'm not fast around that chicane!

How did you discover?

But, i really dont understand why there is a chicane right after a Hairpin... Makes sense for the reversed layout, but not for the normal...
Quote from Si Mclaren :How did you discover?

But, i really dont understand why there is a chicane right after a Hairpin... Makes sense for the reversed layout, but not for the normal...

Well, it makes sense in both ways, so practice and your problem whould be gone
But, some people doesnt like the chicane, and a new layout could create a option for who like the chicane and who doesnt...
Quote from DarkKostas :demo users are restricted to BL1-2-3, you have not access to reverse and x/y

thank you that's what I thought
it's a shame it would was interesant

thx
thx for the dev
Quote from Si Mclaren :But, some people doesnt like the chicane, and a new layout could create a option for who like the chicane and who doesnt...

If you don't want the chicane buy S1/S2 and you can run the open config layout
Quote from boothy :Have you tried restarting the race once the start point is gone (p.s. it's "straight" )

Yep, it will just restart on the (previously deleted) starting point, until you reload the complete layout without a custom start.
Progress
You'll be pleased to know that one more "flying cars" issue seems to be fixed in my version. In the attached Z32 replay, I reverse my XR GT into a barrier so that it intersects (because the current car collision system doesn't notice that). Then the wheel detects a contact with the top of the barrier and the car goes flying (because the penetration is deep, the force is great).

The wheel contact test ray now starts from the centre of the wheel, instead of above the wheel, so this penetration is not detected and the car just gets nudged outwards. I guess this same type of collision might happen between cars sometimes. Also this will stop that strange looking bug where a car can be pinned to a fence by its tyres.

The main thing this week is that I'm trying to unify the autocross objects system into a single file that is shared between all tracks. This has a few advantages :

1) All objects will be available on all tracks.
2) Each object will have the same object number on all tracks, helpful for external autocross editors or InSim programs that can add or remove objects.
3) Some of the objects can be optimised for graphics and physics (CPU time reduction).
4) Helpful in the development track editor.
5) If a new object is added or improved, it will be available at all tracks.

It's a bit dangerous to say what I'm working on, just in case it turns out that it can't be done. But I think it will be OK. There needs to be a conversion function to repair all the old layouts to use the new object numbers, automatically when loading. It will be multiplayer incompatible, so it will be time to do some other things on my list as well, like allowing qualifying in open configs and enabling the randomised start lights time. So I guess a Friday patch looks unlikely at this point.
Attached files
Z32_barrier.zip - 1.7 KB - 543 views
Liking the sound of this weeks aims, Scawen.

One thing I was wondering, Could you perhaps get in touch with Bluewind (creator of the extra objects for Blackwood) and have the croud stands etc included with a test patch?

In my opinion, The extra objects are fantastic! I think this would be a HUGE improvement to the game with not so much work needed as the objects have already been created and just need adding to a patch

Obviously im no game developer, but being on an ICT course in college and my uncle working with computers, games etc, I know a brief bit on this and can't see it being too hard?

Thanks for the effort lately
Nice progress.
Quote from Scawen :(because the penetration is deep, the force is great).

Nice work as always
Quote from CrAbStEr DrIfTeR :One thing I was wondering, Could you perhaps get in touch with Bluewind (creator of the extra objects for Blackwood) and have the croud stands etc included with a test patch?

In my opinion, The extra objects are fantastic! I think this would be a HUGE improvement to the game with not so much work needed as the objects have already been created and just need adding to a patch

I have never heard of them. Can you tell me where to look, so I can see what the extra objects are?
Home run.
Quote :or InSim programs that can add or remove objects.

woohoo!

Scawen, as you said this will be multiplayer incompatible and you have some other things in priority. Does this means that the next patch won't include this? (I am happy anyway that this is being worked on, just saying)

Also if every single object will be available to all track, i wonder how the object list will be, maybe sub-categories?
Quote from DarkKostas :Home run.

woohoo!

Scawen, as you said this will be multiplayer incompatible and you have some other things in priority. Does this means that the next patch won't include this? (I am happy anyway that this is being worked on, just saying)

Also if every single object will be available to all track, i wonder how the object list will be, maybe sub-categories?

I bet there will come official "mid-patch" in 1 month. Before that, few test patch might come

thats my bet
Quote from Scawen :I have never heard of them. Can you tell me where to look, so I can see what the extra objects are?

I am not sure, but maybe he means those objects, which includes bridges, buildings, lamps. bushes, ambulances, longer barriers etc... As I have seen those used in youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlMxYVEfBf8

Lol, altough we do not need any gas tanks or lamps! (And lamps only, if night racing and light implented. For example, F1 Singapore GP where is the race @ evening, so lights have to use).
And what we really do with ambulances on this simulator?

EDIT: Sorry doublepost, I forgot to add this to earlier post
EDIT: Sorry, that this vid includes .vob modes, but that's not mine though. Just tried to find a quick example
Quote from Scawen :I have never heard of them. Can you tell me where to look, so I can see what the extra objects are?

Quote from CrAbStEr DrIfTeR :go on lfsdrift.com

go on layouts part and look for bluewinds layouts.

EDIT : its blackfinch's layouts pack - ebisu is in there for car park (and other needed thing)

Although he means lfsdrift.net not .com
And here is the topic that i found http://www.lfsdrift.net/layout ... (update!-newest-ver-1-2)/

But im quite sure that this mod was made by Henrique. One disadvantage on this mod is that makes any non-moving object like barriers, movable...

EDIT: Master beat me ,but I found some more things
Quote from Scawen :It will be multiplayer incompatible

I reckon this means mpr-format will be altered?
If so, would it be possible, you let me/us know, in what way (e.g. which packets are affected)?
Quote from avetere :I reckon this means mpr-format will be altered?
If so, would it be possible, you let me/us know, in what way (e.g. which packets are affected)?

I think it will be incompatible because of the objects, same with the mod i posted above its not compatible online(unless host is using the same one)
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z30 (NOW Z34 - old content / old physics / many updates)
(1442 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG