The online racing simulator
Quote from vistaman :I guess this was reported already. Check the video from 0:40.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u65OeDZty7g

Quote from Squelch :That problem is common to all instances of those gantries on Fern Bay, even standard configs. Hit at the right angle, and the car gets fired backwards violently, or shot forward at incredible speed.

Right, that one's on my list with a star beside it.

Are there any other places where the new contact detection returns an incorrect result, where the old one was better?

[ NOTE : I am not asking about bad collisions in general, I am only interested in ones that got *worse* with the new system. ]
Quote from Feffe85 :Don't know where to post besides here. So here we go!

In the SWEDISH-translation on the F12-screen (pressure and such..) it says: "Däckbyte : om slitage > 95%" but when i change to "Never" it really says.. "NEVER".. should be "Aldrig"

English: "change tire if : " i think u know what i mean :P

Swedish hasn't been updated yet. But it probably will be soon. Here is a Swedish translation thread http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1362186#post1362186
Yes, I agree with this, but developers can make a choice pitlane from the editor (as we choose checkpoints)
Scawen, some idea

Quote from Crazy_Fox [UA] :Hi all!
May be better to call tracks like ASX, but not AS1X? It seems more logical, because configuration is based on the entire AS, and not based on AS1.

AS1X - not good.
ASX - good.

ASX, BLX, FEX, SOX, - use first pitlane

ASY, FEY - use second pitlane

without "press CTRL + click X or Y" just add a row "[Opened X]" when user press CTRL if posible select second pit rename row to "[Opened Y]"
With some thought, I found the easiest way to implement it, and did so. I think it's ok, so I'll just leave it like that. It allows the whole system to work, text commands, layout saving, multiplayer packets - most things came out quite naturally from this naming system.

X : forward open config
Y : reverse open config
1, 2, 3, etc - choose grid / pits / start lights

Not too bad, I think.
Quote from scipy :Just a question about the F9 menu (since it looks odd): did you show a part of the rim in this update? Cause all the tires look a bit higher-profiled.

I believe there has always been a tiny little block part of the inside sidewall temp indicator that was for the rim temperature, maybe it's just a bit bigger now?

Also the gray bars showing relative g-force load don't touch anymore.

EDIT:
Quote from Scawen :Right, that one's on my list with a star beside it.

You just keep away can you? I thought you said this was your day off

Quote :
Are there any other places where the new contact detection returns an incorrect result, where the old one was better?

[ NOTE : I am not asking about bad collisions in general, I am only interested in ones that got *worse* with the new system. ]

I think the accidental ones will turn up through well, just accidents. Being an expert in this field, I'm keeping an eye out.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

PS. Will swapping the exe to make comparisons be a good idea? I noticed there was some other content in the patch too. Will Z28 have problems here, or is separate install recommended?
Quote from Scawen :With some thought, I found the easiest way to implement it, and did so. I think it's ok, so I'll just leave it like that. It allows the whole system to work, text commands, layout saving, multiplayer packets - most things came out quite naturally from this naming system.

Not too bad, I think.

OK, thanks for the explanation, now it looks really logical
Quote from ATHome :Oh noes. The Nordschleife ruined my car with all it's bumps. Let's get rid of all of those bumps.

Seriously, WTF?

Err, didn't the Nordschleife bumps themselves get flatened over the years, for the sake of safety? That's what I thought at least, though I might be wrong.

Anyway, I made some tests with the FZ5, I ended up jumping more than 50 meters on both ways around. I can't name one single racing track over the world barely matching this. Even on the Nordschleife you would barely get any air time at all with a similar car.

I'm not implying that the devs should've flatened the area or whatever. I'm very glad they opened it, but now I belive it very probably won't be used for any kind of serious racing. That said, I'm sure that drifters/cruisers/stunters will like it.

Quote from Scawen :With some thought, I found the easiest way to implement it, and did so. I think it's ok, so I'll just leave it like that. It allows the whole system to work, text commands, layout saving, multiplayer packets - most things came out quite naturally from this naming system.

Not too bad, I think.

Agreed, I like the idea too. Makes it good and simple for everyone.
An extended FE1 layout can use it without damage, since the bumps would be right after a hairpin.

e: besides, if one were to straight-line Laguna Seca's corkscrew, they'd get some big air. The way I see it is that the reason one brakes for that, and the Fern Bay section is the same: it cannot be taken flat out without breaking the car and driver.
south city bug
im using z30 and was on the cargame s1 server,south city chicane route when i seemed to momentarily hit a hole in the road and it lifted my nose in the air after i passed over it,pic attached.
Tango
Attached images
bug.jpg
Attached files
chicane bug.mpr - 28.7 KB - 402 views
This patch is so cool, i love especially the new Shift-U mode
Thanks!
Thanks scawen for z30, between i see the ramps on black color, who could send to me or post here the dds file?

Thx in advance
Quote from Scawen :

The barriers system is OK, BUT with ping over 200ms (server list) and on the server (Inside and running a race with others 20+ cars) with 0.20+ms (On the track the ping is much lower ) the barriers act like in z28

Tested on cargame.nl Z30 Test server, was driving normaly and hit a barrier ( Red and whites ones ) and got launched to jupiter

Hope you understand

In single player they work perfect with no more Home Run to the moon

Looks like the ping within user and servers have a big part of how the barrier collision react
LFS Remote gets this when an open layout is used. Still works fine and is quite obvious why it happens but I suppose it's still a bug.

InSim Relay connection created
Unable to load PTH file "FE1X.pth.gz" : [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2032"]
Loading "FE.jpg" : 100%
[QUOTE=Scawen;1582607]WARNING : THIS IS A TEST

NOTE : THIS DOES NOT CONTAIN NEW TYRE PHYSICS / VW SCIROCCO / ROCKINGHAM

Scawen, Will it ever?
Nope!!
Such a shame that you guys are allowing this game to get so stagnent, and that you are ignoring the real wishes of the people whom have been playing this game for years..
It really needs updating with some new cars and new tracks, And yes a second new oval !!!
I live in hope, but will be in my grave probably before you add these real updates....
Old man Popps
This thread is laughtable
Quote from popps258 :WARNING : THIS IS A TEST

NOTE : THIS DOES NOT CONTAIN NEW TYRE PHYSICS / VW SCIROCCO / ROCKINGHAM

Scawen, Will it ever?
Nope!!
Such a shame that you guys are allowing this game to get so stagnent, and that you are ignoring the real wishes of the people whom have been playing this game for years..
It really needs updating with some new cars and new tracks, And yes a second new oval !!!
I live in hope, but will be in my grave probably before you add these real updates....
Old man Popps

get the F*CK out!

he is working on that, and is not ready, and figured he would give us something else..
Quote from Smolar :This thread is laughtable

He's right though, Z30 will never contain the new tire physics / Scirocco / Rockingham
-
(cultrarius) DELETED by cultrarius
Quote from popps258 :
Old man Popps

I'm sure the Devs will agree with me when I say that if you want oval racing then LFS isn't exactly the best option for you... iRacing if you want ovals
Quote from pik_d :He's right though, Z30 will never contain the new tire physics / Scirocco / Rockingham

Of course it won't. It would be S3 Patch A.
Don't feed the trolls guys. Everything that needs to be said to people who think like that has been said in many threads many times before.

Enjoying the new patch, haven't found anything other than some of the previously mentioned "holes" which i was kinda expecting anyway.
Quote from senn :Don't feed the trolls guys. Everything that needs to be said to people who think like that has been said in many threads many times before.

Enjoying the new patch, haven't found anything other than some of the previously mentioned "holes" which i was kinda expecting anyway.

You do not understand the logic. Why the patch z30 came with open configurations? For this to close the hole, make a well-detailed maps. To this end, we exist to find and write about these holes. Thus we help, we developers. Do it now in S3 would not be such holes and missing elements on the track.
Victor/Scawen - In LFSW "Racer & Host online" and the in game multiplayer server menu can we have the option to filter by whether or not the track is open? Hopefully have 3 options (only open tracks / only regular tracks / both)?

Scawen - I'm curious, what was the reason for the changes to the F9 menu? I do think it looks better with the gray bars separated and a larger block for what I think is the rim temperature (only other possibility, albeit a much more useful one, would be brake temp, but it doesn't get hot enough for that and I don't believe that's modeled in LFS), I just didn't see it in the patch release notes.
Quote from pik_d :I believe there has always been a tiny little block part of the inside sidewall temp indicator that was for the rim temperature, maybe it's just a bit bigger now?

Also the gray bars showing relative g-force load don't touch anymore.

EDIT:

This thread is closed

Test Patch Z30 (NOW Z34 - old content / old physics / many updates)
(1442 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG