The online racing simulator
Quote from Bokujishin :I just noticed the BF1 is more likely to go through the ground when hitting another car the wrong way. I know you're not supposed to come at another car at 300km/h but I had never gone through the ground until Z34 (did it twice in a row).

it has been happened all the time since BMW Sauber F1.06 camed I actually don't care about because in real life cars should be in million pieces in that speed, specially when two BMW Sauber F1.06 goes hit each other in 300km/h or more lol

at least in Y patch, but I strongly believe in earlier patches too
Yeah I know it happened before too, but not that often I think.
It had never happened when hitting an incoming XRT before, and now I'm literally sinking into the ground
when will the full with the new car get out?
Quote from coolfille100 :when will the full with the new car get out?

I think there is a mis understand here.

When the "Test Patch" period is over, it will go "public" this means that everybody gets an update when they go multilayer.

But This Final (Full) Patch isn't getting the new car. Like scawen said before : he is working on new Tyre physics and he would like to get that finished before we get the "New Car".

So The current test patches wont get a new car when the test patches are over
Just wanted to say thanks to the devs for stepping up the development lately
Quote from Bokujishin :Yeah I know it happened before too, but not that often I think.
It had never happened when hitting an incoming XRT before, and now I'm literally sinking into the ground

Well, if you think you've found something undesirable that behaves differently to Z28, Scawen may care, but I imagine he'll need an SPR to debug it...
Progress!
Guys,

Iam dutch and I spoke to a developer this is what he said: (in an email)

Quote :Hoi,

Er zit zeker beweging in, je kan een kijkje nemen op ons forum voor de laatste serie test patches bijvoorbeeld : http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=74012 . Na die uiteindelijke patch zal aan nieuwe content en physics updates verder worden gewerkt.

Victor

That was dutch (developer is dutch)
Translated to English it is this:

Quote :
Hi,

Yeah there is some movement in developing, after the TEST patch it will be released officially and after that we going to work on some new content and the physics will be better.

Victor

So guys, we have to be patient.
This is an official email from Victor van Vlaardingen (official developer)

Greet,

Menno (dutch)
Yes, we already know that for years.
Indeed. Funny that he posted in the test patch thread to tell us all this.
Quote from M3nn0 :Hi,

Yeah there is some movement in developing, after the TEST patch it will be released officially and after that we going to work on some new content and the physics will be better.

Victor

Actually i am more waiting for the physics updates. FO8 and BF1 are often so frustrating, because the tyres are nowhere near as good as the real tires.

In fact, the fia asked something very special at the end of 2010 season. They asked the manufactures to make the tires worse!
This is in contrast to lfs where the bf1 sets the tires on fire within 3-4 laps with a realistic setup. fo8 suffers from this too but not as bad as the bf1.
Also running r1 with max pressure is nearly always best with fox which is not realistic irl. Tires on max-pressure do not grip at all. Other example of things not just right:The fxo gtr braking performance, hardly any better than a sporty saloon with good year F1 GS-D3 tires. Which irl is very unlikely to happen!

Suspension damage:
Driving over bumps damages suspension too quickly, numerous examples on youtube showing real fast race-car classes are can take huge bumps lap after lap and do not suffer from suspension damage like in lfs. But on the other hand, in lfs you can drive over many high curbstones at 180+km/h which is irl not an good idea!

These several are reasons is why i am not active with lfs, waiting, waiting for tire-physics updates!
Although i appreciate the improvements with current test-patches a lot, the physics really needs improvements the most!
-
(UnknownMaster21) DELETED by Scawen : spam
Deleted 11 posts - spam and responses to spam.

I hope you understand that spamming the test patch thread makes it take longer to release the patch, because I have to consider and remove the posts. Each spam session doesn't cost so much time, but many minutes add up to hours.

Sometimes, the hours add up and finally the next test patch is a day later than it would have been.

Spams also make it harder to find my posts, so more people start to ask questions that have already been answered, and so on...
-
(bunder9999) DELETED by Scawen : conversations about spam are also spam
I've moved the Windows Aero crash discussion into Technical Assistance.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=74512

It's very unlikely to be test patch related. If it does turn out to be a reproducable LFS problem then I'd like to know about it, of course.
-
(Squelch) DELETED by Scawen : conversations about spam are also spam
-
(Dygear) DELETED by Scawen : conversations about spam are also spam
-
(dadge) DELETED by Scawen : conversations about spam are also spam
-
(chucknorris) DELETED by Scawen : IMG tags and responses with IMG tags. You know, the attach image function has a nice thumbnail feature!
-
(denis-takumi) DELETED by Scawen : IMG tags and responses with IMG tags. You know, the attach image function has a nice thumbnail feature!
-
(dawesdust_12) DELETED by Scawen : IMG tags and responses with IMG tags. You know, the attach image function has a nice thumbnail feature!
-
(superstix) DELETED by Scawen : IMG tags and responses with IMG tags. You know, the attach image function has a nice thumbnail feature!
-
(Scawen) DELETED by Scawen : conversations about spam are also spam
I don't think this was directly awnsered (Don't worry about this question if you are deep into coding or something) How much strain would be be to have different colored wheels? I Know you're probably busy, Even if i can't understand how technical it is, I'd still like to know "What" Goes in when you download a skin.

Thanks for your work Scawen
Quote from TehPaws3D :I don't think this was directly awnsered (Don't worry about this question if you are deep into coding or something) How much strain would be be to have different colored wheels? I Know you're probably busy, Even if i can't understand how technical it is, I'd still like to know "What" Goes in when you download a skin.

Thanks for your work Scawen

Wheel colour can be changed...
Attached images
Wheels.png
-
(Silverracer) DELETED by Silverracer
-
(EQ Worry) DELETED by EQ Worry : "unnamed", already addressed
-
(bunder9999) DELETED by bunder9999 : nevermind, i can't find it
-
(Furiously-Fast) DELETED by Furiously-Fast : Question already awswered.
Quote from Scawen :I've moved the Windows Aero crash discussion into Technical Assistance.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=74512

It's very unlikely to be test patch related. If it does turn out to be a reproducable LFS problem then I'd like to know about it, of course.

Seems to be a rare nVidia bug... I have the same too, but i have a workaround for it: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1597287#post1597287

It occured when i upgraded my GPU from GTX 260 to GTX 460. But after this workaround i have no problems anymore.
A Question for Hotlappers.
Thank you that you enable this feature.
I also think it's a great feature
No... tyre warmers in racing are changing with the new tyre physics (most classes don't have tyre warmers any more). I don't know if we'll have adjustable ones in the future but I don't want to get into that now, implementing it into multiplayer packets to pass the information around and so on, it would take more time.

Anyway, the same problem doesn't exist in racing - people don't start doing donuts and all manner of crazy looking things to warm up their tyres before they start going round the track.
Quote from Scawen :No... tyre warmers in racing are changing with the new tyre physics (most classes don't have tyre warmers any more). I don't know if we'll have adjustable ones in the future but I don't want to get into that now, implementing it into multiplayer packets to pass the information around and so on, it would take more time.

Anyway, the same problem doesn't exist in racing - people don't start doing donuts and all manner of crazy looking things to warm up their tyres before they start going round the track.

Except for some drifters and 'special' people during qualifications :P
Quote from ghowden :Except for some drifters and 'special' people during qualifications :P

...or dragracers,who intentionally make a burnout to get some heat into their tyres (which in LFS isn't possible)...
One question off topic. For some reason, the results bl3 arrechee have been recorded?
any new patch soon?

Quote : For some reason, the results bl3 arrechee have been recorded?

wooow what a player! 168000 km traveled!
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG