The online racing simulator
Quote from Furiously-Fast :That is one slick car menu. Much of an improvement over that stupid huge garage with the yellow light in Undercover.

Edit: wtf, Why did they allow fwd cars to be drift tuned?

Quote from Velociround :Indeed, they are very, very, VERY wrong.

The Need for Speed (1st one) had cockpit view.
NFS 2 also had cockpit view, as well as NFS 3: Hot Pursuit, NFS 4: High Stakes, NFS Porsche 2000, etc etc etc....

no in nfs 2 etc, you had a driver cam, but you couldnt see the driver
that looks like a really good game now will it be on the pc
Yeah ofcourse. I'd be mad if it wouldn't. Altough it's not really realistic, we should be happy there atleast is a new racer for the PC, because of all the conzole crap.
it looks quite realistic if you ask me but i am probably overlooking all the important stuff
Quote from John5200 :no in nfs 2 etc, you had a driver cam, but you couldnt see the driver

If I remember correctly, NFS4 - Hhigh Stakes was the first to make the windows clear and to include convertibles where you can see the drivers face and torso. NFS5 - Porche Unleashed - in some views, the drivers had no legs. NFS6 - did away with cockpit views (and replays). (NFS8 - Underground 2 was the last NFS to have replays, but they only worked post race, and weren't saveable).
I don't want NFS to turn into a half-assed sim, a la GRiD, DiRT, and other weirdly acronym'd games. I want to get into a Lambo sitting 12mm off the ground and fly around city streets with 18 foot trails of nitro flames coming from the 6 exhausts protruding from my rear windscreen. I want to connect to the internet and instantly be landed in a line with 3 other cars that look like they drove through a lego factory, covered in double-sided sticky tape. It's completely unrealistic, and that's its market.

There's proper sims for when I want to actually feel like I'm driving a car, like LFS and rFactor. This new concept is going to be terrible. True simmers will despise it because it brands itself as a sim, yet still has arcade physics*. The old NFS followers will despise it because they can't drive over speed ramps at 450km/h in their slammed FWD ricebox. They're going to put into a niche of a niche market. It's just going to fail from all sides, which is a shame...If EA had their heads screwed on, they'd make a shiny new HD "underground" type game, to rival midnight club or burnout paradise. It might still be flogging the cash cow, but at least the "old" NFS followers would be happy they have a new game to play, and the simmers would be happy because they can stay well awya from it.

I'll certainly give it a chance if/when a demo is released, but I'm not holding out any hope for it...

My 1.21p

* - For example, look at the Laguna Seca vid Furiously-Fast posted above. Look at 0.38-ish, when the Porsche slams into the Beemer. I've seen enough Le Mans to know that if one car hits another car at 90°, they don't rub along each other and continue as if they avoided each other. We're led to believe that one touring car has smacked into another one at speeds well in excess of 60mph, yet they both come out completely unscathed, and the one that was T-boned even continues in a straight line? Sorry, that's not very accurate, and that's just the first thing I noticed watching the first vid I've seen of "Shift" (which holds a different meaning altogether in Ireland )
you might have a point, but that looked kinda realistic to me even after you said it, that wasnt 90 degrees, and the porsche spun out so it allowed the impact to be minimal
Quote from dougie-lampkin :If EA had their heads screwed on, they'd make a shiny new HD "underground" type game, to rival midnight club or burnout paradise. It might still be flogging the cash cow, but at least the "old" NFS followers would be happy they have a new game to play, and the simmers would be happy because they can stay well awya from it.

Well, they tried that with Undercover. Didn't seem to work too well.

I'm pretty sure the entire reason for this development cycle team rotation thing is so that they can produce a variety of types of games. Undercover came out earlier, now it's time for a change of pace with Shift, and then it'll be time for another arcade game in 2010 sometime. I really like that idea.

But, I just love driving games, whether it's arcade like Grid or really realistic like LFS.
amen
LFS SHIFT Teaser
Live for Speed SHIFT Teaser

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qel7EksETQ4&fmt=22

I made it a few days after the official NFS Shift Teaser was out, but I didn't have time to finish it, so decided to let it down until I had some free time to finish it, but after many months I still don't have free time to edit it , so I put everything I had done together in 30 minutes, rendered and uploaded it to Youtube.

Read video description for more information.

(This is a satiric video supposed to be a joke about EA's newest invention "car camera movement and blurring" which they talked so much about)
Haha!

"Actual Camera Shaking". Brilliant humour there. I loved it!
The best part has to be the comment:

Quote :Great video also i cant wait till it comes out, Although I dnt belive thats need for speed shift I still find it good trailer

Just shows the IQ levels of the NFS crowd really
Quote from Velociround :Live for Speed SHIFT Teaser

Great work and a great sense of humour!

..you should rename/reupload it, I bet most NFS-faggots couldnt see the difference...

Lets do some Goatseforce(d) comments....
Quote from VoiD :Great work and a great sense of humour!

..you should rename/reupload it, I bet most NFS-faggots couldnt see the difference...

Lets do some Goatseforce(d) comments....

They would notice it surely. First person to comment would look like this: DIS IS NOT NFS!!!11 NO NAWZ AND NO GOOD GRAPHICZ!!!11
To fool the majority just add some stupid comments... allready did mine, hehe (don´t call me I liar)
That was awesome.
Quote from JeffR :If I remember correctly, NFS4 - Hhigh Stakes was the first to make the windows clear and to include convertibles where you can see the drivers face and torso. NFS5 - Porche Unleashed - in some views, the drivers had no legs. NFS6 - did away with cockpit views (and replays). (NFS8 - Underground 2 was the last NFS to have replays, but they only worked post race, and weren't saveable).

yes but we are talking about cocpitview + seeing drive (IN THE CAR).

there was also a driver in nfsu, nfs ps but you didnt have a cocpit view so of course you coldnt see the driver in the cocpit....

Quote from Velociround :Live for Speed SHIFT Teaser

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qel7EksETQ4&fmt=22

I made it a few days after the official NFS Shift Teaser was out, but I didn't have time to finish it, so decided to let it down until I had some free time to finish it, but after many months I still don't have free time to edit it , so I put everything I had done together in 30 minutes, rendered and uploaded it to Youtube.

Read video description for more information.

(This is a satiric video supposed to be a joke about EA's newest invention "car camera movement and blurring" which they talked so much about)

omfg, wasnt reading your post, just klicking the link and read

may contain bla bla bluring.... ummm wait

whent back still not reading fully... and saw lfsforum.net.... :wtf2:

was heavily confused and kept watching and lold at 0:06

good one
edit: actual camera shaking.... made my night xD
Epic lol!

Brilliant execution Velociround!
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Just shows the IQ levels of the Youtube crowd really

Fixed. But Great job on the trailer, I was almost fooled by it!

Edit: The comments get even worse..

Quote :Wow, this is feeking awsome... Never heard about it before, this looks like a l33t sim... cant wait to get it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome sounds and effekts!! Who´s the publisher? I hope it´s EA or Ubi-soft, they are well known for great games and support...

Oh dear....
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Oh dear....

I think the casual NFS player is the first human being, if you can call it a human being, whose IQ is below 0.

I hope nobody quotes this.
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Oh dear....

Well.. he seems to know what he's talking about...

Ehh.. What IS he talking about?

He can't even spell Ubisoft... xD, I reckon he's the kind of person who'll grow up to drive a mummy's shopping trolley with a 10" tin can exhaust hanging out the back..
Quote from Deutschland2007 :I think the casual NFS player is the first human being, if you can call it a human being, whose IQ is below 0.

I hope nobody quotes this.

i play need for speed every once in a while

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG