The online racing simulator
Bah, not interested. Even if it was coming to the PS3, I would still not want it. One, The game is old and boring now and two, I'm I am waiting for TBOGT addon for GTA IV instead.
Drats fail :doh:
No F40 Competizione? Fail harder EA.
# FERRARI F50 GT
# FERRARI FXX

Why do they think that adding these stupid cars on there will instantly make people interested? Ferrari's are in nearly every car racing game these days
BUMP! I got in the nfs world beta, and I find it pretty interesting. Still a low rank here, but the leveling thingy has got me hooked onto it. My PC barely meets the requirements on the website, but I can still get 30-ish fps with medium detailing. There are a few bugs, I don't think I have reached the level where you can customise cars properly (D'oh!) and there are no engine mods for my Mazda 3.

Overall, it is 7.5*/10.

* = Some points are lost for some of the bugs/lack of customisation. Once that has been fixed, it will get a much higher score.

Oh, and if you hate arcade racing games, Avoid at all costs. It feels like NFS Most wanted/Carbon.
is it one of those games where you have to turn all the way to turn an average corner

my arms cant handle one of those
Ahhh you wussie.
Quote from logitekg25 :is it one of those games where you have to turn all the way to turn an average corner ... my arms cant handle one of those

Maybe not average, but similar to Underground 2, you do use up most or all of the steering. This is why the software for wheels usually includes a sensitivity setting, so 60 degree throw to either side would give you full lock for these games. I'm using a joystick to steer with about 40 degrees throw to either side for both arcade and sim oriented games. There were some really fast GPL players that used joysticks, so it is possible to deal with this.

I was also in the english world online beta (there was a prior beta test in Pacific Rim asian countries). It's a fun game, but not a sim. The AI in this game are much better than typical racing games, although the traffic cars are an annoyance. If you're interested, there should be a ton of videos online. Some example videos I made, starting with the non racing stuff:

Car show and cruise:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeIMYQNKg7o&fmt=22

Pursuit action collection:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YtYQGA2IY8&fmt=22

Lotus Elise at Lincoln Blvd versus AI.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlZg-lnoMpI&fmt=22
Those video's reminded me of TDU1, laggy etc.

How do you get in the beta? Looks fun for my boredom...
I would also like to know, looks pretty fun, if only it had some more japanese cars and a wangan

It still looks great fun
Oh woopdedoo!

Pending.
applying
Site's broken on Opera

EDIT: I get so far in the apply process, blank page

EDIT: Sorted. Hope I get selected

EDIT 2: Aren't those videos not allowed? I know another beta test I do doesn't allow any pics or vids from it at all
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Aren't those videos not allowed?

Screenshots showed up on youtube around March, 2009. The Asian (Taiwan) beta for World Online resulted in many youtube videos around October 2009. I'm not sure how the information about videos was handled back then, but at the offical EA forum website, they stated it was OK to post videos of the game play from the March 5 - 8 beta test.

One thing was the lack of any serious bugs in the game, so there wasn't anything to hide there. The overall map and tracks are retextured and visually enhanced versions from a combination of previous NFS games (Most Wanted and Carbon), so nothing significantly new was being revealed either.

The videos are essentiallly free advertising for the game.

This beta had a bit less than 1/2 the areas unlocked, and it's my guess that the retexturing and enhancement of tracks and the overall map are still being done in the locked areas.

One potential and monumental task would be to also include the map and tracks from Underground 2, which had a huge map. One issue is that part of Underground 2's area and tracks are located on a fairly high elevated area that overlooks the rest of the area, which requires several more sets of textures to deal with far away views. Example video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxM6VwDQpY0&fmt=22
Ah ok

Hope I get picked
Hey guys, just to let you know that the second closed beta begins @ friday, 4pm GMT. Watch your e-mails!
I signed up last time you posted here about that beta ,but still nothing.
why'd you want to play this?
why you reading thread then?
im in yay!
I'm bored of it... Every time a new beta starts you start all over again. I might go on it again if they add proper customisation or decent new cars.
I got in the beta, played it, meh....

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG