The online racing simulator
.... sigh.... I just hope this game will be promising. This game will suck if EVERY car is a racing car like in GTR. Needs to have a range of cars like PGR4 (customisable too!)

I just hope NFS world will be good too. Like a cross over between old NFS + LFS.

oops, almost forgot flame suit!
Quote from Furiously-Fast :.... sigh.... I just hope this game will be promising. This game will suck if EVERY car is a racing car like in GTR. Needs to have a range of cars like PGR4 (customisable too!)[/COLOR]

No customisation in Shift, thank god. I for one think that the over the top stupid chavy mods from Underground onwards killed the franchise. Also, there will be a free NfS which allows "tuning".

To the screenshot: I too find it somewhat strange to have at least optically race specced corvettes while the cockpit of the Zonda looks to be stock. Still, I guess that some things will change, even though they plan to release it this year.
Well, it needs to be more than racing cars to get the serie back on track, it to some degree needs more realism, people are just tired of driving 450 km\h in a golf on a street course.
Quote from ColeusRattus :To the screenshot: I too find it somewhat strange to have at least optically race specced corvettes while the cockpit of the Zonda looks to be stock. Still, I guess that some things will change, even though they plan to release it this year.

It too is race-specced, the F has no venting above the front wheel...
Porsche unleashed anyone?
I hope we dont get a ported shit from xbox or something. I dont want to buy 10 core and SLIIIIIII computer.
Wow. That is a 200% buy, just left out undercover after i had every1 starting with 2SE.
Was definatly worth it.
#33 - 5haz
But NFS physics aren't bad for no reason, its because the masses don't want an ultra realistic racing game, they want arcade fun, they don't want to be tweaking setups constantly and battling understeer/oversteer.

And so I think that any new NFS game wont exactly have brilliant physics, because arcade physics is what sells NFS in the first place.

Just because they say it will be 'simulation' racing doesn't mean the physics will be suddenly 'top notch', methinks it will be an 'arcade' take on a racing simulation, rather like Grid.

But if that makes it a fun game, who cares.
It's good they've realised people are bored of the shite they've been turning out for the last 2 years (Carbon and NFSMW were okay...). Not sure it's a good idea to rip off GRID though, tbh. I don't believe anyone can match that game's fun factor except Codies.

Would it kill EA to go back to proper Need For Speed?
I was getting excited. But then i saw they are proper race cars. We have enough simulation of racing cars we need some proper simulation of the cars NFS has been using for years without all the silly modifications. And racing through the city? Why cant we race a long the coast or through the mountains?
SOOOOOO... NFS is "going tobe good" again or is it being made by not so lazy people simply making prostreet 2?
NFS whil have a non shit version sound good but if they fail il be in the flamee them to deaths squad

@Dejavu isn't that the LFS Britain kartmeet (OMG)
I actually don't care what the game handles like (so long as it's not worse than GRiD), I'll be buying this for the graphics alone.. the Zonda interior looks AWESOME..
if this fails to, the 3rd time, then nfs is over untill someone like criterion takes over.
Quote from DejaVu :That's just their team on a karting day

I saw "Slightly Mad Karting" headline on the home page, just copy posted link without clicking :doh:
lol
.. so back on topic, it this gonna be another undercover exitement waiting to dissapoint? i thoought no to the last 2, i was wrong.
Quote from Dajmin :If they're only just starting to talk about the game it'll be a target render. It won't have enough developed yet to record video.

"G1 Globo news" (TV ... website and also TV news) said NFS Shift and the other two NFS are in development for 2 years already.

Quote from G1 Globo :Os novos "Need" estão em desenvolvimento há dois anos.

I hope this NFS is good, because I'm willing to purchase it if it really is.
#46 - JJ72
Quote from 5haz :But NFS physics aren't bad for no reason, its because the masses don't want an ultra realistic racing game, they want arcade fun, they don't want to be tweaking setups constantly and battling understeer/oversteer.

but there were fun arcade physics back in the days, hot pursuit were pretty good and of course porsche unleashed, I can even stand underground 2's physics, just dunno how we end up with stuff like GRID and DIRT now, which is beyond arcade.

In my opinion though the real ressuraction of Need for Speed will be Test Drive unlimited Two........or be it a debugged TDU.
Quote from bbman :It too is race-specced, the F has no venting above the front wheel...

No, it's not. While it may not be 100% true to the original (never sat in one, so I can't tell), I know for sure it's no race specced cockpit. No rollbars, all the useless bling still in it, etc.

Othe than that, I for one wouldn't mind if it wasn't a true simulator, but simply an arcadish racer that is fun to drive, like the old NfSes or the GT series.
im excited as in the Play 4 free against the world kinda set-up....

should they do it the correct way ( get every car they've ever used + plus good tracks + good anti hacking/cheating softwares/setup = a great gaming experiance. )

but lets not hold our breathe... maybe just the fingers crossed ?
I'm keeping my fingers crossed to.

Knowing EA, they HAVE to charge you for some things. Chances are I won't pay for such little things. Unless the 'World' game is a bit like Underground 2 (Best NFS by far!) where you can pay a little bit of cash for extra stuff.
^yup. i hope it goes back.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG