The online racing simulator
The Need for Speed may actually become playable again!
Read here:

http://www.eurogamer.net/artic ... series-launches-this-year

Me likes very much, with NfS: Shift (still, crappy Codemaster like title) goes back to it's classic values being a decent racing game, while those stupid ricers can buy car mods for real money in NfS World Online.

YAY, it seems that Undercover did at least one thing good: it made the right people see what the franchise has become after Porsche, meaning crap.
What? That's good news!

Quote :Need for Speed: Shift will be made by Slightly Mad Studios of GT Legends and GTR 2 fame

So Blimey! are now Slightly mad studios?

The rundown of "Shift" sounds very much like what Codies did with GRID, I'll reserve judgement untill a demo.

The lack of demo for NFS:Undercover was a good enough reason to avoid it.
#4 - Bean0
Quote :A flashy 3D HUD that mimics driver head movement, inertia and G-force will help achieve this. There's a cockpit view that lets players freely look around using the right thumbstick, too.

My G25 doesn't have a thumbstick
Quote from Bean0 :My G25 doesn't have a thumbstick

Thats because games these days are console focused, and the PC is a tacked on after thought.
#6 - Bean0
G25 works on a PS3 does it not ?
well, at least they have chosen a name that can easily be renamed to NFS:Sh*t if the game is bad...
I suppose it sort of makes sense. Release a product for each area of the market using the same pool of resources and just alter the physics for each. Sim fans get the serious one. Arcade fans get the less serious one. Casual gamers get the really simple one. Definitely covers all bases, although it'll confuse the hell out of clueless parents

I'm still waiting for them to release another NFS that makes me feel the way I did when I first saw Road & Track or Porsche Unleashed. They should go back to the Porsche engine, since that one was really good.
It's on slightly mad studios (blimey) website:

Better visuals than grid, and hopefully better physics, will be a hit i imagine

What happened with the ferrari title though, has this turned into NFS Shift?

Also, the 360 arcade game, kart something? looked promising
Still waiting for that video before I belive that is in-game picture
If they're only just starting to talk about the game it'll be a target render. It won't have enough developed yet to record video.
#14 - 5haz
Lets wait and see.
Quote : An EA spokesperson has been in touch to comment on the response to the first screenshot. "That is an untouched screenshot captured from gameplay footage," we're told.)

Do not belive.
heres comes prosrap 2... ill head over to grid instead...
Nononononono !

Not race cars ! Thats what all the other pointless crap arcade games have !

I want Hot Pursuit/High Stakes style gaming. Ferraris, Porsches, Lambos, BMWs, Mercedes !

Damn I want a PS1 & High stakes again *crys softly*
Quote from Dajmin :If they're only just starting to talk about the game it'll be a target render. It won't have enough developed yet to record video.

Looks identical to the ferrari project screenshots, probably the same engine just different game. States this is in-game so can't see why the nfs shot is any different. Is there any news about the ferrari project being binned? It's not listed on the site - but neither is kart attack

nice to hear NFS is going to be better.
Well if their not full of BS like they've been lately that is good news.
Better physics and getting proper incar view reminds me of the old good times, NFS3-5 were very good games on their time. 1 & 2 too, but I didn't play them "back in the days".

Dunno about what cars it should have, "oldskool" style with Lambos and Ferraris and Porsches would be very cool, but I remember when I was 10 I used to dream about NFS with cars like Cossies and etc.

But that screenshot kinda made me be afraid that it's going to be packed with too much bling.
Quote from Bean0 :My G25 doesn't have a thumbstick

Maybe not, but it's got a hat-switch...configger that instead!
-
(D.Zanetti) DELETED by D.Zanetti
His arms, carbon texture are the same.
This looks promising
wooo! finally, first NFS title that got me excited! i really cant wait what Mad Studios gonna come up with!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG